*LoveIs* John 15:12
Aug 30, 2004
Georgia
✟23,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So this is the first I have ever heard of such a thing before but a few days ago I heard a lady speaking of how she had to get a whole new wardrobe because her hair no longer matched her clothes, and they two didn't look right together.
Is this a true fear or just someone going a bit to far?
If it is true what colors [hair] look best with which colors [clothes]?

ElisaMozart

Nov 22, 2004
✟198.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think it does matter,but i think that the lady goes a little too far,i mean,u cant trow your clothes away unless u have lots money but still its a shame to trow clothes away because u just changed ur haircolour.Is like trowing your money away.But yeah i understand, the haircolour is importent too.Mine is black,so i have not much problems,but i know that i like to change and somtimes it doesnt match the clothes ,than this is sad,and also my taste will change a little bit tho but it doesnt mean i need a whole new wardrobe hehe

Upvote 0

babysnakes

May 20, 2004
tiffin
✟189.00
Faith
Christian
well, idk about your hair matching your clothes! i'd just keep in mind that if you have really dark hair it will stand out if you wear light clothes. and if you have light hair, dark clothes with make your hair stand out. well, maybe not clothes... probably just your top bc its closest to the hair

Upvote 0

Dimithriceas

Nov 9, 2004
Southern California
✟15,224.00
Faith
Agnostic
From a fashion perspective I would have to agree in certain aspects. That is of course if all your clothes are one color (which I can't imagine anyone being that obsessive but I'm sure it happens).

Think about it though... can a shirt clash with a pair of pants or skirt based on the color? Yes.. So why wouldnt your hair clash with something.

Upvote 0

Dimithriceas

Nov 9, 2004
Southern California
✟15,224.00
Faith
Agnostic
hehe Style does have a lot to do with it but that is more of an image perception and not really to much of a clashing color issue. Natural colors you won't find people thinking they clash to much. Black hair especially since black goes with anything.

The trick is when you get into the artificial hair colors. A friend of mine had Bright Electric Blue hair...so healthy and well kept it looked metallic when light hit it from the shine.. She made the mistake of wearing a pink dress one day and she looked absolutly horrible lol. Just my take on it all though =)

Reactions: kleptobismol
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
when I was first scolded for wearing pink even though I'm a redhead, I went out and bought a bunch of red and pink clothes. does that count?:D

actually, rose pink is one of my best colors. and I like red, so there.

I do think there are some colors that look great with certain hair, but I don't think anyone should necessarily stay away from a color. Blondes look great in red or black, redheads in teal or peach, brunettes in dark purple or light blue, etc. But as an example, a beautiful blonde/blue friend of mine went to a stylist who specialized in colorization, and her four colors were deemed: "raisin" (sick purple-brown), navy, teal, and mustard yellow. Whuh?? :help: it looked just awful so she went back to wearing her old stuff and we were all glad.

Upvote 0