Hades is the grave

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Most theologians believe the comma comes after YOU.
In fact, they both died that day and so had someplace to go. Paradise.
The very fact that Yeshua stated after His resurrection that He had not yet gone to His Father tells you that Yeshua didn't go to paradise yet.

Dead is death not life. They didn't go anywhere but the grave to "sleep". .. As Yeshua puts it. But when Yeshua was asked to clarify "sleep".. He plainly stated it means "dead".

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, look again. Even Jesus did not enter paradise that day.

Jesus went where Abraham was that day. That was not where Abraham was.

None of those who died looking forward to the Promise were able to enter heaven because they had no covenant that promised heaven.

The covenant of eternal life did not come into effect until it was consecrated by the blood of Christ. Jesus went into the realm in which they waited--Paradise, where Abraham was--and led them into heaven.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus went where Abraham was that day. That was not where Abraham was.

None of those who died looking forward to the Promise were able to enter heaven because they had no covenant that promised heaven.

The covenant of eternal life did not come into effect until it was consecrated by the blood of Christ. Jesus went into the realm in which they waited--Paradise, where Abraham was--and led them into heaven.
You must not have read anything I wrote. Go back and read my post so you will know what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You must not have read anything I wrote. Go back and read my post so you will know what you are talking about.
Reading it over and over and over, even with explanation, is not certain someone will know what they are talking about.
Grace and Mercy and Revelation of Truth from the Father in heaven is needed.

Even some simple things, when shown, are not understood at all - how then can the greater or deeper things of heaven be known or understood by them ? (as Jesus says - if I tell you things of the world and you do not understand, how will you understand if I tell you things of heaven (or of spirit) ?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reading it over and over and over, even with explanation, is not certain someone will know what they are talking about.
Grace and Mercy and Revelation of Truth from the Father in heaven is needed.

Even some simple things, when shown, are not understood at all - how then can the greater or deeper things of heaven be known or understood by them ? (as Jesus says - if I tell you things of the world and you do not understand, how will you understand if I tell you things of heaven (or of spirit) ?
Yes, but he should be told that he missed the boat.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The very fact that Yeshua stated after His resurrection that He had not yet gone to His Father tells you that Yeshua didn't go to paradise yet.

Dead is death not life. They didn't go anywhere but the grave to "sleep". .. As Yeshua puts it. But when Yeshua was asked to clarify "sleep".. He plainly stated it means "dead".
Jesus said Paradise,
Paradise is not heaven.
Paradise is Abraham's bossom where Jesus went to release those that were there waiting for the resurrection. Luke 16:19....

So, yes, Jesus had NOT been to the Father yet. The Father is in heaven.

As far as "dead", are you saying when we die we just don't go anywhere?

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said Paradise,
Paradise is not heaven.
Paradise is Abraham's bossom where Jesus went to release those that were there waiting for the resurrection. Luke 16:19....

So, yes, Jesus had NOT been to the Father yet. The Father is in heaven.

As far as "dead", are you saying when we die we just don't go anywhere?
Luke 16 is a falsehood. It most certainly is not the words of Christ. The words in Luke 16 do not agree with scriptures.

Upvote 0