• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You didn’t commit it. The only ones who commit it are the ones who think they haven’t because they think they have no need for God.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟887,266.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think I've finally done it guys. I think I committed the worst sin in the Holy Book. Yesterday, I was struggling with bad thoughts against the Holy Spirit and really the whole trinity in the shower, and I felt like they came from me because I felt so numb and I felt like I was willingly doing it over and over again. But I got over and was like, ok so it's just OCD. But then, this morning, I was arguing with the intrusive voices and thoughts in my head and I think I said something really bad against the Holy Spirit. I think I did it willingly for no reason and I think I'm doomed now. It came as a intrusive thought but then subtly, it became my own thought and I think I'm going to hell forever. And then sadly, out of despair, I lusted and had bad thoughts against the Holy Spirit there too by accident. Am I doomed?

Certainly NOT doomed! If you did you wouldn't worry about it. To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is not done by accident. It's a willing decision, fully knowing what you are doing, fully knowing the consequence, yet willingly CHOOSE to do so. Be at peace, and remember how much Jesus loves you. He died for you, you know, trust in him. He is also very aware of your struggles. †:heart:

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
Apr 16, 2021
N/A
✟8,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Certainly NOT doomed! If you did you wouldn't worry about it. To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is not done by accident. It's a willing decision, fully knowing what you are doing, fully knowing the consequence, yet willingly CHOOSE to do so. Be at peace, and remember how much Jesus loves you. He died for you, you know, trust in him. He is also very aware of your struggles. †:heart:
I feel like I did it on purpose to self punish myself to be honest, because I truly think it came from my own head, it sounded like my normal willing thoughts and not my intrusive ones. I have so much anxiety man.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟887,266.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel like I did it on purpose to self punish myself to be honest, because I truly think it came from my own head, it sounded like my normal willing thoughts and not my intrusive ones. I have so much anxiety man.

Yeah, well those are just thoughts. I too struggled with this in the past, but honestly your anxiety is a proof you haven't. Feelings and thoughts can play all kinds of games with us. But that is all there is to it. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not only thinking something, it's a choice by heart of hearts, and honestly mean it.

Upvote 0
Apr 16, 2021
N/A
✟8,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, well those are just thoughts. I too struggled with this in the past, but honestly your anxiety is a proof you haven't. Feelings and thoughts can play all kinds of games with us. But that is all there is to it. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not only thinking something, it's a choice by heart of hearts, and honestly mean it.
Have you ever had a situation like this? Considering that you struggled with this too.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟887,266.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever had a situation like this? Considering that you struggled with this too.

I had an experience in the past where I chose myself instead of Christ. I had this visual thing, seeing the Holy Spirit being pulled out of my body. I was pretty sure I was done. Turned out I hadn't. Another proof is if you believe you have, you haven't. If you have you will know, and even if you are certain you could be wrong. Also the fact that you care shows you haven't. If you did you wouldn't be on this forum asking questions, you would be out playing golf.

I don't know if it helps, but thousands of people are anxious over this, for different reasons, when they really shouldn't.

Forgiveness is available for all, but not for those that aren't interested in it. That is why it's unforgiveable, because they have hardened their hearts to the degree they are no longer interested in forgiveness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 16, 2021
N/A
✟8,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had an experience in the past where I chose myself instead of Christ. I had this visual thing, seeing the Holy Spirit being pulled out of my body. I was pretty sure I was done. Turned out I hadn't. Another proof is if you believe you have, you haven't. If you have you will know, and even if you are certain you could be wrong. Also the fact that you care shows you haven't. If you did you wouldn't be on this forum asking questions, you would be out playing golf.

I don't know if it helps, but thousands of people are anxious over this, for different reasons, when they really shouldn't.

Forgiveness is available for all, but not for those that aren't interested in it. That is why it's unforgiveable, because they have hardened their hearts to the degree they are no longer interested in forgiveness.
I know I wouldn't say such a horrible thing but my brain yells and I can't really tell the difference between my thoughts and intrusive ones at times and I get foggy and I start arguing with my head. Thats why I was scared because my intrusive thoughts were responding back and for a moment I got self aware on what I was doing and I felt crazy and then the bad thought came and I felt super, super doomed instantly.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟887,266.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know I wouldn't say such a horrible thing but my brain yells and I can't really tell the difference between my thoughts and intrusive ones at times and I get foggy and I start arguing with my head. Thats why I was scared because my intrusive thoughts were responding back and for a moment I got self aware on what I was doing and I felt crazy and then the bad thought came and I felt super, super doomed instantly.

I also got a diagnosis, it's not always easy handle. It's really an attack of the enemy. Just remind yourself, you belong to Jesus! :)

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Hanging by a Thread

Jan 31, 2021
fulton
✟15,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think I've finally done it guys. I think I committed the worst sin in the Holy Book. Yesterday, I was struggling with bad thoughts against the Holy Spirit and really the whole trinity in the shower, and I felt like they came from me because I felt so numb and I felt like I was willingly doing it over and over again. But I got over and was like, ok so it's just OCD. But then, this morning, I was arguing with the intrusive voices and thoughts in my head and I think I said something really bad against the Holy Spirit. I think I did it willingly for no reason and I think I'm doomed now. It came as a intrusive thought but then subtly, it became my own thought and I think I'm going to hell forever. And then sadly, out of despair, I lusted and had bad thoughts against the Holy Spirit there too by accident. Am I doomed?
Well you're gonna have a lot of company if getting angry at God means you're automatically going to hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What Is the Unforgivable Sin?

“The pastoral irony of all this, of course, is that any Christian who asks a priest with trembling whether or not he has committed the unforgivable sin cannot possibly have committed it, for the question proves that the one asking it loves Jesus and fears being separate from Him. Let such devout souls fear nothing. They have clearly been caught in the fishermen’s net, along with other fish. Let them persevere in their devotion, and rest assured of final forgiveness”.

You’re okay. :heart:

Upvote 0

Hanging by a Thread

Jan 31, 2021
fulton
✟15,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What Is the Unforgivable Sin?

“The pastoral irony of all this, of course, is that any Christian who asks a priest with trembling whether or not he has committed the unforgivable sin cannot possibly have committed it, for the question proves that the one asking it loves Jesus and fears being separate from Him. Let such devout souls fear nothing. They have clearly been caught in the fishermen’s net, along with other fish. Let them persevere in their devotion, and rest assured of final forgiveness”.

You’re okay. :heart:
This is a great response. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟143,890.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody can commit the Unforgivable Sin. This was a sin committed by the nation of Israel when Jesus was alive and offering the Kingdom to the nation
This is false. The unforgivable sin is being committed to this very day. We can look at scriptures such as Hebrews 6:4-6 and Hebrews 10:26-29 for examples.

If someone who has been saved and received the Holy Spirit falls away from the faith, they cannot be renewed anymore to repentance because it would require recrucifying Jesus.

How can we fall away? Other than falling into unbelief or willfully rejecting Christ, if we sin willfully after knowing the truth then we are basically trodding under foot the Son of God and doing despite unto the Spirit of grace (the Holy Spirit). You can blaspheme the Holy Spirit and fall away through persistent willful sinning!

This is what happened to me and I lost my salvation instantly when I purposefully lied to the Holy Spirit to test what would happen. I basically did what Ananaias and Sapphira did, except worse and died spiritually instead of physically and became tormented by demons. It was the most stupid thing to do but it's been around 1.5 years since it happened and I have yet to be restored. I obviously regret doing it but I think something changed in my heart when it happened, I was repenting more out of fear than love.

In most cases however God is very patient with sinners, in that some can live in willful sin for years and still be restored, so please don't give up on God.

I have read reports of dozens of people who have sinned to the point where they lost conviction of the Holy Spirit and many of them feel spiritually dead. Some have recovered though and are now walking with the Lord again, it really depends on your heart, is it in the right place or not.

As for the OP I don't think he has lost his salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is false. The unforgivable sin is being committed to this very day. We can look at scriptures such as Hebrews 6:4-6 and Hebrews 10:26-29 for examples.

If someone who has been saved and received the Holy Spirit falls away from the faith, they cannot be renewed anymore to repentance because it would require recrucifying Jesus.

How can we fall away? Other than falling into unbelief or willfully rejecting Christ, if we sin willfully after knowing the truth then we are basically trodding under foot the Son of God and doing despite unto the Spirit of grace (the Holy Spirit). You can blaspheme the Holy Spirit and fall away through persistent willful sinning!

This is what happened to me and I lost my salvation instantly when I purposefully lied to the Holy Spirit to test what would happen. I basically did what Ananaias and Sapphira did, except worse and died spiritually instead of physically and became tormented by demons. It was the most stupid thing to do but it's been around 1.5 years since it happened and I have yet to be restored. I obviously regret doing it but I think something changed in my heart when it happened, I was repenting more out of fear than love.

In most cases however God is very patient with sinners, in that some can live in willful sin for years and still be restored, so please don't give up on God.

I have read reports of dozens of people who have sinned to the point where they lost conviction of the Holy Spirit and many of them feel spiritually dead. Some have recovered though and are now walking with the Lord again, it really depends on your heart, is it in the right place or not.

As for the OP I don't think he has lost his salvation.

your verses in Hebrews has nothing to do with the The unforgivable sin. That is only found in Matthew 12 and only concerns the nation of Israel.

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2021
Ottawa
✟3,265.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Separated
I don't know what the worst sin in the holy book is but i must have done it too. I was diagnosed with psychosis about 7 years ago, and these demon-like spirits constantly try to torture and trick me in my head every single day, and i have no sign of any good spirits that do not turn into trust that is utterly betrayed... Like this spirit "Gaurentee ya'" ( who i've talked to on and off for the 7 years ) acted fairly sociable and respectable, until last night she started torturing me by sexually abusing me (with seemingly supernatural energy). These spirits have abused me like this into near suicide countless times, and she was one of the only few spirits i could consider glad to get to know and talk to. I am clearly in hell.

Upvote 0