Status
Not open for further replies.

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Ormly, since you claim I did not answer the question, when I did, we have nothing left to discuss.

Folks, people die in unbelief, therefore it is urgent that we plant the gospel in the soils of mankind and then water and cultivate so that we might be useful instruments of God. And in order to be useful instruments, we must guard ourselves again various ways we can become ineffective through sin and false doctrine.
Van, You have done this on more than one occasion. Why do I get the distinct impression you live in denial? . . . . pretty much as bad as a Calvinist.

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
He could not have died before His restoration, God was in control of when he would die..
Exactly right....Ormly seems to be one of these..but..but..but what IF?..people.

He does not understand that we don't need to wonder "what if" when the scripture plainly tells us the TRUTH of what DID happen...the Lord would have us deal with the true facts presented in scripture as presented...not fantisize about fiction like Ormly

Good solid answer bro.

:cool:

Upvote 0

Beasley

Jul 8, 2006
✟8,366.00
Faith
Protestant
come on guys....

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

same with Eph. 5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

The first thing to notice is the verse does not read

....'nor drunkards,' etc...'will not go to heaven'

What is the most famous 'not inherit the kingdom' in the Bible?

The children of Israel who put the blood of the Passover on the door post, were delivered from death, and taken out of Egypt. A saved people were given the Law. Unbelievers can't keep the Law to be saved. These saved people were promised an inheritance, the promised land, the Abrahamic Covenant. They were lost in the wilderness, crying for water, mad at Moses for leading them out of Egypt and God told Moses to speak to the rock (a picture of Christ) and it would give water. Moses
was angry and struck the rock at Meribah. And for that sin, the sin of misrepresenting Christ, Moses lost his portion of the inheritance. He was prohibited from entering the promised land. There is no doubt Moses is in heaven even though he failed. He appeared with Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration.

Believers who live a lifestyle of sin risk losing their heavenly inheritance. But, the new creature in Christ can never lose eternal life. Some believers will not receive many rewards because they failed to abide or live in fellowship with God.

As it says in Revelation see to it no one take your crown (reward), and as Paul said run in such a way as to win. Some believers will have many crowns and the white garments of wedding clothes that are the righteous acts of the saints and some will be naked as Rev 3:20-22 says. 1 Cor 15 stars differ from stars in glory.

Beasley

Upvote 0

Van

Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
California
✟9,814.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, Beasley, you have hit the nail on the head, yet again!

Folks, people die in unbelief, therefore it is urgent that we plant the gospel in the soils of mankind and then water and cultivate so that we might be useful instruments of God. And in order to be useful instruments, we must guard ourselves again various ways we can become ineffective through sin and false doctrine.

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
O, I see. I guess it really didn't really matter at all whether of not he went home to his father's house; to be restored to him. I gotcha. . .:o
These are the revealed facts in scripture...he DID return to his Fathers house and he WAS retored...got it Ormly?

We don't need to waste time visualizing your fallacious fantasies ie but..but..but..what if?...when we have the true facts revealed in the word of TRUTH

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
These are the revealed facts in scripture...he DID return to his Fathers house and he WAS retored...got it Ormly?

We don't need to waste time visualizing your fallacious fantasies ie but..but..but..what if?...when we have the true facts revealed in the word of TRUTH

Sorry Moonbeams, I was only thinking of you.

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
Sorry Moonbeams, I was only thinking of you.
I sense that you appreciate the finer points of fencing [repartee] so I will put you on to a cool movie I saw a few months back on dvd.

It stars Hugo Morgen I think thats how you spell it..he was the actor who played Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies filmed in NZ by a NZeder...ye ha awesome adaption of one of my favorite books.

The movie is called Captain Alistere or Alistere..something like that..if you check up his filmography on the net you will find it....it is set in Spain in the 16th century it is in Spanish as well..Hugo is fluent in Spanish it seems..it is a period piece where Hugo plays a career soldier ie fighting the Dutch protestants [Calvinists]..I bet that appeals to you already..lol..when he's back in Madrid between campaigns he's a hired gun [swordsman] for the Inquisition and anybody else with a few spare gold coins..there are some very well coriographed fencing scenes..some of the very best I have ever seen on film..sabre and dagger duels of the highest calibre..it is an engaging movie..Hugo plays an interesting character..a likeable rogue some might say..yet a man who upholds his own sense of honour [such as it is] check it out Ormly..I am sure you will like it..its worth the hunt and the purchase price...there you go...thats my good deed for the day..lol..now I can get back to acting like a pig...LOL

:D

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Quoted by Van:
Ben, God causes us to be born again, so are you saying unbelief causes God to cause us to be un-born again?
I wouldn't say "God causes us to be born-again". I would say "born-again is the gift of grace that we receive by faith". Thus, a gift that was volutarily received, can be thrown away.
Quote:
Note that the actual opposite of John 1:12-13 would be if we do not receive Christ, then we would not be given the right to become children of God. Hence, an unbeliever would not be spiritually born again.
100% correct. Now --- can a true believer become an "unbeliever"? Many passages say "YES".
QUote:
Galatians 5:4 refers to those who have been led astray, the false teacher has severed them from the truth, which is Christ's gospel, hence severed from Christ. They have fallen away from the gospel that says we are saved by grace through faith, and not by works of the Law. This issue is not loss of salvation, for those born again, but obedience to the truth, verse 7. Paul had confidence that those "in the Lord" will adopt no other view. Thus false doctrine, rather than salvation is the topic.
This is the most important discussion of this thread; can we be "severed from Christ", be "embracing false doctrine", be "walking in sin", but still be SAVED? Let's discuss this more in detail in my next post, to Beasly.
Quote:
1 Peter 1:3-5 says that when God causes us to be born again, He protects us by His power such that we receive the inheritance reserved in heaven for us. To say we could become "un-born again" is to nullify this passage.
That's not what it says, Van --- read it again. "Protected by the power of God THROUGH FAITH for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

Because faith is our choice, God's protection is conditional on our faith.

Look at 2Tim1:12-14; God guards what we entrust, and we guard (by the Spirit) what God entrusts. It's a two-way-street. Yet, our faith, His power. "Through the Spirit".
Quote:
The stark reality, is that we are EITHER "useful instruments to God", or we perish. More in the next post --- please comment too.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Quoted by Beasley:
come on guys....

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

same with Eph. 5 For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

The first thing to notice is the verse does not read

....'nor drunkards,' etc...'will not go to heaven'
Hi, "Beasley". If we come to agreement on nothing else, I pray that we'll both recognize that salvation, is an indwelt fellowship between man and God.

Clearly everything in these lists (including Gal5:19-21), reflect traits that WILL accompany the saved. Look at Peter's words in 2:1:5-10; some texts mistranslate vs5 to "add to your faith" --- as if there is a saved faith WITHOUT those qualities. There is not; "supply IN your faith" is the correct translation.

Let's focus on Rom6; there Paul addresses the difference between "died to sin (and alive to Christ", and "alive to sin and dead to Christ". It's one of the other; enslaved to sin, or enslaved to righteousness/God. No "in-between".
Quote:
Believers who live a lifestyle of sin risk losing their heavenly inheritance. But, the new creature in Christ can never lose eternal life.
"If any man be IN CHRIST, he is a new creation; the old has passed away (is passing), behold all has become new. 2Cor5:17 This is the stark reality of "salvation" --- Christ-in-you. There is no "walking-in-sin-SAVED", because that would make Jesus a participator in SIN.

Jesus will NOT!
Quote:
Some believers will not receive many rewards because they failed to abide or live in fellowship with God.
Please read 1Jn1:1-3; do you really think there is any kind of "salvation", that exists apart from "fellowship"?

"I have been CRUCIFIED with Christ, it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me. ANd the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the One who loved me and delivered Himself up for me." Gal2:20 There is either "fellowship", or unsalvation. Read 1Jn1:6-7!
Quote:
As it says in Revelation see to it no one take your crown (reward)...
Had to search for that; Rev3:11: "Hold fast what you have, that no one take your crown." You think that doesn't mean "eternal life"? Consider:

"He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not BLOT his name from the Book of Life." Rev3:5 (Read Ex32:32!!!)

"Be faithful until death, and I will give you the CROWN OF LIFE". Rev2:10

Do you still think that "the crown" is not "eternal life"? We should discuss the many "guard-against-deceivers" verses. Col2:6-8, 1Jn2:26-28, 2Pet3:17, 2Jn1:7-9 to name a few. All the "deceivers" verses, warn against being deceived away from CHRIST.
Quote:
... and as Paul said run in such a way as to win.
You would do well to re-visit that "race as to win" passage; it's in 1Cor9:25-27 --- and it really says "immortal wreath". That's immortality itself. In verse 27 Paul worries about his OWN salvation...
Quote:
Some believers will have many crowns and the white garments of wedding clothes that are the righteous acts of the saints and some will be naked as Rev 3:20-22 says. 1 Cor 15 stars differ from stars in glory.
Goodness; you're missing the point of Rev3:14-22, completely. Those who are "lukewarm" --- He will vomit from His mouth.

Those who are "poor blind miserable wretched naked", are not going to Heaven.

At all. Ever. Unless they buy gold from Him, to become rich, salve from Him to see, clothes from Him to cover themselves; unless they OPEN the door to Him and invite Him in.

Please don't disregard these words, "Beasley"; this is the essence of Jesus' Gospel, it is the essence of salvation. We can disagree on "osas" --- but we cannot disagree on the fact that the RIGHTEOUS belong to God, and the UNRIGHTEOUS belong to the devil. 1Jn3:5-10 is very clear. Can we discuss 1Jn3:5-10?

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
Ben wrote:
"
If any man be IN CHRIST, he is a new creation; the old has passed away (is passing), behold all has become new. 2Cor5:17 This is the stark reality of "salvation" --- Christ-in-you. There is no "walking-in-sin-SAVED", because that would make Jesus a participator in SIN.

This speaks of the new birth and evidence of it thus making the distinction between mere salvation by the Blood and being re-born of His Spirit. The Blood is the coming upon an individual from something outside himself, making peace with God, while the Spirit is a deposit to the inside of himself. Blood doesn't change. Blood puts away; makes peace. Likewise the indwelling changes/transforms. If there is no transformation there can be conforming to Christ to learn of the Father. If this doesn't happen joint-heirship is out of the question. Note: I didn't say salvation was out of the question. This undestsanding will answer the question as to why we see so many in Christendom who aren't of Christ. We need to ask what does it mean to be of Him that He can say we are one of His?

Now, who of the two examples will not make it to heaven? Clue: What is God's Judgment going to be all about? Read about it in Revelations. Read it carefully.

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Quoted by MamaZ:
Paul does not worry about his salvation. Read on in scripture to see what Paul is talking about..
He certainly does:

"Race so as to WIN. Everyone who competes ...excercises self-control; they for a perishable wreath, we for an imperishable one. Therefore run as not without aim. I box not as beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest after having preached to others I MYSELF should be 'disqualified' (unapproved, rejected, failed!)." 1Cor9:25-27

"Examine yourselves, test yourselves to see if you are in the faith. Do you not recognize this --- Christ is in you, unless you FAIL THE TEST (are unapproved, rejected, disqualified, failed!)?" 2Cor13:5

Both of those use "adokimos" --- bringing to mind a table where coins were examined; a coin that was worn and had lost the image impressed upon it, was "adokimos-disqualified/rejected". Coin-evaluation was absolutely in the mind of everyone back then who read this. It was a known concept.

BTW, I can't find where you replied to Eph4:17ff --- but you stopped too soon.
"Do not walk as the heathens walk, in the futility of their mind, darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance in them, because of the hardness of their heart; they having become callous have given themselves over to sensuality, for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. But you did not learn Christ in this way ...in regard to your old life, lay aside the old self which is being corrupted in accordance to the lusts of deceit, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind. Put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness and truth."

"MammaZ", is there anything in that which does not read as a "CHOICE"? He's obviously talking to the saved; does it read any way BUT "possible to walk in sin, excluded from God"? Reads that way to me...

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Quoted by Ormly:
This speaks of the new birth and evidence of it thus making the distinction between mere salvation by the Blood and being re-born of His Spirit. The Blood is the coming upon an individual from something outside himself, making peace with God, while the Spirit is a deposit to the inside of himself. Blood doesn't change. Blood puts away; makes peace. Likewise the indwelling changes/transforms. If there is no transformation there can be conforming to Christ to learn of the Father. If this doesn't happen joint-heirship is out of the question. Note: I didn't say salvation was out of the question. This undestsanding will answer the question as to why we see so many in Christendom who aren't of Christ. We need to ask what does it mean to be of Him that He can say we are one of His?
I believe we've discussed before the difference between "saved", and "born again"; I perceive no difference. Please answer posts #30 and #31. We are either UNITED with Christ, or not saved. There is no "saved-belief" that does not receive the indwelling Lord, and the indwelling Spirit.
Quote:
Now, who of the two examples will not make it to heaven? Clue: What is God's Judgment going to be all about? Read about it in Revelation. Read it carefully.
Revelation 20:13 says "Each is judged according to his deeds".

This reflects Rom2:6-8:
"God will judge each man according to his deeds. To those who BY doing good seek glory and honor and immortality, they receive eternal life; but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation."

God's judgment is for choosing sin, for willful unbelief. 1Jn5:10 is clear.

There is no "salvation by His blood", that does not dwell in Christ (and has not Christ dwelling in us). It's all, or nothing; saved, or not.

"If any man be IN CHRIST he is a new creation; the old has passed away, all has become new."

In 1Jn3:5-10, he who practices righteousness IS righteous, he who practices sin is of the devil. By this the children of God and the children of the devil, are exposed.

It is as Jesus said (Matt7:18 for instance), "You will KNOW them by their FRUITS (deeds)".

Belief that does not receive/unite-with/dwell-in-and-BE-indwelt-with Jesus, is not "saved". Those who walk in sin, do not walk in Christ; those who walk in Christ, do not practice sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
M

MamaZ

Quoted by MamaZ:
Paul does not worry about his salvation. Read on in scripture to see what Paul is talking about..
He certainly does:

"Race so as to WIN. Everyone who competes ...excercises self-control; they for a perishable wreath, we for an imperishable one. Therefore run as not without aim. I box not as beating the air; but I buffet my body and make it my slave, lest after having preached to others I MYSELF should be 'disqualified' (unapproved, rejected, failed!)." 1Cor9:25-27

"Examine yourselves, test yourselves to see if you are in the faith. Do you not recognize this --- Christ is in you, unless you FAIL THE TEST (are unapproved, rejected, disqualified, failed!)?" 2Cor13:5

Both of those use "adokimos" --- bringing to mind a table where coins were examined; a coin that was worn and had lost the image impressed upon it, was "adokimos-disqualified/rejected". Coin-evaluation was absolutely in the mind of everyone back then who read this. It was a known concept.

BTW, I can't find where you replied to Eph4:17ff --- but you stopped too soon.
"Do not walk as the heathens walk, in the futility of their mind, darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance in them, because of the hardness of their heart; they having become callous have given themselves over to sensuality, for the practice of every kind of impurity with greediness. But you did not learn Christ in this way ...in regard to your old life, lay aside the old self which is being corrupted in accordance to the lusts of deceit, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind. Put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness and truth."

"MammaZ", is there anything in that which does not read as a "CHOICE"? He's obviously talking to the saved; does it read any way BUT "possible to walk in sin, excluded from God"? Reads that way to me...

This is the putting off the old and walking in the new.. :) We are not to yield ourselves to sin and become slaves to sin but we are to walk by the Spirit.

He himself would become worthless.. For to preach and not live makes a man rejected by man for He does not live what he preaches.. Lets go on with what He is saying so we can get the full context of What Paul is saying here..
1Co 10:1 For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 and all ate the same spiritual food;
1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not well-pleased; for they were laid low in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things happened as examples for us, so that we would not crave evil things as they also craved.
1Co 10:7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written, "THE PEOPLE SAT DOWN TO EAT AND DRINK, AND STOOD UP TO PLAY."
1Co 10:8 Nor let us act immorally, as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in one day.
1Co 10:9 Nor let us try the Lord, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the serpents.
1Co 10:10 Nor grumble, as some of them did, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
1Co 10:11 Now these things happened to them as an example, and they were written for our instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.
1Co 10:12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed that he does not fall.
1Co 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
1Co 10:14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
1Co 10:15 I speak as to wise men; you judge what I say.
1Co 10:16 Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ?
1Co 10:17 Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.
1Co 10:18 Look at the nation Israel; are not those who eat the sacrifices sharers in the altar?
1Co 10:19 What do I mean then? That a thing sacrificed to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything?
1Co 10:20 No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons.
1Co 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.
1Co 10:22 Or do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? We are not stronger than He, are we?
1Co 10:23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
1Co 10:24 Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor.
1Co 10:25 Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience' sake;
1Co 10:26 FOR THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S, AND ALL IT CONTAINS.
1Co 10:27 If one of the unbelievers invites you and you want to go, eat anything that is set before you without asking questions for conscience' sake.
1Co 10:28 But if anyone says to you, "This is meat sacrificed to idols," do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for conscience' sake;
1Co 10:29 I mean not your own conscience, but the other man's; for why is my freedom judged by another's conscience?
1Co 10:30 If I partake with thankfulness, why am I slandered concerning that for which I give thanks?
1Co 10:31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1Co 10:32 Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;
1Co 10:33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit but the profit of the many, so that they may be saved.

Upvote 0
M

MamaZ

Does one not know that for Whom God loves He also Disciplines?
Heb 12:6 FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES, AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES."
Heb 12:7 It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?
Heb 12:8 But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.
Heb 12:9 Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10 For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness.
Heb 12:11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.
Heb 12:12 Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble,
Heb 12:13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.
Heb 12:14 Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord.
Heb 12:15 See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;
Heb 12:16 that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal.
Heb 12:17 For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears.
Heb 12:18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind,
Heb 12:19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them.
Heb 12:20 For they could not bear the command, "IF EVEN A BEAST TOUCHES THE MOUNTAIN, IT WILL BE STONED."
Heb 12:21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, "I AM FULL OF FEAR and trembling."
Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,
Heb 12:23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,
Heb 12:24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.
Heb 12:25 See to it that you do not refuse Him who is speaking. For if those did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape who turn away from Him who warns from heaven.
Heb 12:26 And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, "YET ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH, BUT ALSO THE HEAVEN."
Heb 12:27 This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Heb 12:28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;
Heb 12:29 for our God is a consuming fire.

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
We are to test ourselves to see if we be in the faith. For the Faith is Christ in us. And our Spirit bears witness with His Spirit that we are indeed a child of God. So if our Spirit does not bear witness then how can one say I am of Christ?
Amen sister...thats the key identifier right there...you hit the nail on the head...The Spirit confirms our sonship our adoption into the family of God..personally....you can't have a better witness than that...that witness by the Spirit..to our spirit..is bonifide 24 carat accreditation...its our stamped and certfied passport to a glorious inheritence, undefiled, imperishable, reseved for us in Heaven...ye ha...PRAISE THE LORD...come Lord Jesus!

:thumbsup: :preach: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ormly

Senior Veteran
Dec 11, 2004
✟7,151.00
Faith
Christian
We are to test ourselves to see if we be in the faith. For the Faith is Christ in us. And our Spirit bears witness with His Spirit that we are indeed a child of God. So if our Spirit does not bear witness then how can one say I am of Christ?

Fluffy religious words. . . . . What is the test that one could know his/her spirit isn't bearing witness with a dark spirit posing as an angel of light? Since the Holy Spirit is that which teaches, how can one kinow without Pentecost in their life; the Promise of the Father?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.