Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There are other issues with your replies about mundane claims and restrictions to conflicts with science, but I'll leave that for later.
I admit my understanding and interpretation are not perfect. That is not a reflection of the Bible or how accurate or true the Bible is. That is ONLY a reflection of me. So it does you no good at all to shred me or prove me wrong. Your challenge is to prove the Bible is wrong. If you can show that I am the most worthless no-good bum that does not mean a thing. All the more it shows that God can use ANYONE and so what is YOUR excuse, for not, allowing God to use you to accomplish His plan and His purpose to fix this world that we live in?

You are for God or against God. People are given very little time to be undecided. In fact to be undecided is counted against you because God only accepts people who are for Love, Justice, Righteousness, Purity, and so on. God turns people over to their corruption, debauchery, and reprobate minds.

Proving me wrong does not help your case one bit, not one iota because you have failed to prove the inspired word of God to be wrong. EVEN though it was written by people like you and me.

Again God is using you to show how accurate and true the Bible is, simply because you have 100% failed to show even one tiny little error in the written inspired Word of God.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I don't. It is cathartic to rip apart nonsense.
YOU can rip apart all of my nonsense all you want. The challenge is to "rip apart" the Bible to show that Bible is wrong. That you have failed to do. If you claim you are so good at ripping people apart then it should be a piece of cake for you to rip apart the testimony of the 40 authors that have written our Bible over a 1500-year period of time.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You have the patience of a saint.
Maybe he is a saint in disguise. I have never seen anyone go to the length he has to show how accurate and true the Bible is. He claims to be an expert at shredding people. Yet he can not prove the Bible is not true and accurate.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
10 second power napping,
Actually science shows that half of our brain can sleep while the other half is still working. My first wife attacked in my sleep once and I was amazed at how alert and ready I was to defend myself.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually science shows that half of our brain can sleep while the other half is still working. My first wife attacked in my sleep once and I was amazed at how alert and ready I was to defend myself.
Sleepwalkers, in your case sleepattacker lol, are definitely eerie thing to experience.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe he is a saint in disguise. I have never seen anyone go to the length he has to show how accurate and true the Bible is. He claims to be an expert at shredding people. Yet he can not prove the Bible is not true and accurate.
There could be some truths in the bible but there is no way to prove that the bible is true as there are literally thousands of interpretations of the bible. The fact that bible believers believe is true should tell you believing in something does not make it true.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There could be some truths in the bible but there is no way to prove that the bible is true as there are literally thousands of interpretations of the bible. The fact that bible believers believe is true should tell you believing in something does not make it true.
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. In other words, what is fair or reasonable for science should also be fair or reasonable for religion in similar circumstances.

People are subjective in their perceptions and beliefs, and this can lead to differences in opinions and interpretations. Scientific research uses rigorous methods to minimize the impact of subjectivity, but bias can still influence interpretation. Recognizing the subjective nature of human perception and beliefs is important for scientific inquiry and critical thinking.

Science is no different than religion. Bias can influence interpretation even in scientific research, despite efforts to minimize its impact. This is why the Scientific Method is of great value in helping us to translate and interpret the Bible. Because we know the Hebrew Bible does not have any significant errors. Esp when we use the dead sea scrolls from 2500 years ago to compare them with the current Hebrew Bible.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
thousands of interpretations of the bible.
I am not trying to prove interpretations, not even my own. IT is up to YOU to interpret the Bible. You are given the Holy Spirit of God to be your teacher, guide, and comforter. We ARE NOT to depend on traditions or our neighbor to translate and interpret the Bible for us. Although I do tend to use the Scientific Method as a system of checks and balances to help me translate & interpret the Bible. I also depend on the Rabbi to help me from their perspective.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. In other words, what is fair or reasonable for science should also be fair or reasonable for religion in similar circumstances.
If science and religion occupied the same domain I would agree with you.
People are subjective in their perceptions and beliefs, and this can lead to differences in opinions and interpretations. Scientific research uses rigorous methods to minimize the impact of subjectivity, but bias can still influence interpretation. Recognizing the subjective nature of human perception and beliefs is important for scientific inquiry and critical thinking.
Science has has the scientific method and religion has its counterpart know as apologetics
Science is no different than religion.
Yes they are.
Bias can influence interpretation even in scientific research, despite efforts to minimize its impact.
Those same biases often inspire scientists to discover superior evidence through repetition and predictability.
This is why the Scientific Method is of great value in helping us to translate and interpret the Bible. Because we know the Hebrew Bible does not have any significant errors. Esp when we use the dead sea scrolls from 2500 years ago to compare them with the current Hebrew Bible.
I agree there are parts of the bible which the scientific method can clarify but science is quiet when it comes to the supernatural which relies on faith.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not trying to prove interpretations, not even my own. IT is up to YOU to interpret the Bible. You are given the Holy Spirit of God to be your teacher, guide, and comforter. We ARE NOT to depend on traditions or our neighbor to translate and interpret the Bible for us. Although I do tend to use the Scientific Method as a system of checks and balances to help me translate & interpret the Bible. I also depend on the Rabbi to help me from their perspective.
I have read the bible as well as biblical apologetics. I find a few parts that are inspiring in the same way as the Tao Te Ching. Mary parts read more like a dysfunctional family tribe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If science and religion occupied the same domain I would agree with you.
We are using the Scientific method to prove the Bible is true. Of course, Science does not and can not prove ALL of the Bible is true. BUT Science can not disprove any of the Bible. For example, we all could be related to Adam and Eve 6,000 years ago. In fact we all could share an ancestor as recent as 3 or 4,000 years ago. I did the math.

The theory then is that both Science and the Bible are true. Because Science does not talk about our most recent common ancestors. They talk about our most distant common ancestors. No one can dispute that the technology that began with Adam and Eve has spread to the rest of the civilized world. They just dispute that their DNA traveled with that technology to the world.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Science has has the scientific method and religion has its counterpart know as apologetics
We can repeat this as many times as you want. Yes, religion has its own beliefs. We are talking about the Scientific evidence that shows the Bible is accurate and true. We are not having a religious discussion here. We are having a scientific discussion. We can go there and talk about that if you want. I have no problem with any peace-loving religion. I have a problem with any religion that wants to do harm to people. But ONLY through Jesus can we be saved and redeemed. We can not work or earn our way to Heaven. I personally believe there are a lot of closet Christians out there. Or a lot of people will come to a saving knowledge of the truth. Most religions accept and believe the Golden Rule that we are to treat others the way we want to be treated.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Those same biases often inspire scientists to discover superior evidence through repetition and predictability.
Too many people get cut down in their prime because of anti-religious bias. I do not see where it does anyone any good to be anti-religious. I do not see where it does anyone any good to be anti-science. Chat bot can answer questions from science and religious perspectives. They just make a distinction between the two.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I admit my understanding and interpretation are not perfect. That is not a reflection of the Bible or how accurate or true the Bible is. That is ONLY a reflection of me. So it does you no good at all to shred me or prove me wrong. Your challenge is to prove the Bible is wrong. If you can show that I am the most worthless no-good bum that does not mean a thing. All the more it shows that God can use ANYONE and so what is YOUR excuse, for not, allowing God to use you to accomplish His plan and His purpose to fix this world that we live in?
I don't believe it exists, so I find entreaties attributed to it to be unconvincing.
You are for God or against God. People are given very little time to be undecided. In fact to be undecided is counted against you because God only accepts people who are for Love, Justice, Righteousness, Purity, and so on. God turns people over to their corruption, debauchery, and reprobate minds.

Proving me wrong does not help your case one bit, not one iota because you have failed to prove the inspired word of God to be wrong. EVEN though it was written by people like you and me.

Again God is using you to show how accurate and true the Bible is, simply because you have 100% failed to show even one tiny little error in the written inspired Word of God.

There are other possibilities than "for God or against God". There are those who've never heard of your God and those that just don't care. I was definitely in the "don't care" category for a long time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
BUT Science can not disprove any of the Bible. For example, we all could be related to Adam and Eve 6,000 years ago. In fact we all could share an ancestor as recent as 3 or 4,000 years ago. I did the math.
Excellent. Please present the maths here for others to examine.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
You are for God or against God.
When ever I come across this claim, all kinds of alarms go off that cause me to reject anything that person says thereafter.

I'm one who is definitely for the awareness of God in their life. In the same breath, I do not believe there is any such thing as being against God. And the person saying those words from my perspective are only looking for division between us like they think they are superior over others. The God that I pray to doesn't act in that manor.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When ever I come across this claim, all kinds of alarms go off that cause me to reject anything that person says thereafter.

Including Jesus, Who said:

Luke 11:23 He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

I'm one who is definitely for the awareness of God in their life.

You're aware of God, whether you want to be or not.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

In the same breath, I do not believe there is any such thing as being against God.

Jesus and Paul say otherwise.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Acts 5:39 But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

And the person saying those words from my perspective are only looking for division between us like they think they are superior over others.

Jesus said it, long before you were ever born.

The God that I pray to doesn't act in that manner.

Doesn't act in what manner? fight against himself?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,268.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps, when all a person has is a hammer, they feel the need to hit something. I think it typifies the danger of binary thinking. Most of the world is better understood as a range of multi-dimensional spectra. Binary thinking seems to appeal to those who need security of knowledge.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps, when all a person has is a hammer, they feel the need to hit something. I think it typifies the danger of binary thinking.

Binary thinking is why you can type on the Internet now.

Upvote 0