Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As my memory and a useful web search turned up, you said in 2009 that you were never "formally" confirmed Catholic. Were you ever formally Catholic at any point?
What post was that?

busted.jpg

Upvote 0

Bryne

Simul Justus et Peccator
Mar 30, 2011
Utah
✟16,817.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=&quot]
Are you married? - Yes

If you're married, how many years have you been married? - almost 8 years

Any children? - yes

If so, how many, and what are their gender? - One daughter

Any grandchildren: - No

What's your favorite holiday? - Easter

What type of music do you like to listen to? - Metal, folk, alt country, gothic

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender? - One brother

Ancestral background? - I was adopted, so I have two ancestral backgrounds. Genetically, I am Danish. My family background is Scottish.

Favorite books: Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, The Dresden Files books, various mysteries.

Some of your favorite movies: Casablanca, cheesy disaster flicks, The Lord of the Rings, The X-men movies, The Indiana Jones movies, MIB, various sci-fi, fantasy and comic book movies, various action/suspense thriller movies like the Bourne Identity, various mystery movies.

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages? Yes, German…but not very well…I can read and understand it much better.

What part of the world do you live in? - Utah, USA

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds. One dog and one cat.

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent? I served in the USAF

What tv shows do you like to watch? Angel, Buffy, Numb3rs, Criminal Minds, Bones, NCIS, Leverage, White Collar, Stargate SG1, Warehouse 13

What's your favorite Christian theological subject? - The sacraments

[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you married? - Yes

If you're married, how many years have you been married? - 19 years

Any children? - yes

If so, how many, and what are their gender? - One daughter

What's your favorite holiday? - Easter

What type of music do you like to listen to? - Rock, Greek, Byzantine music/ slavonic chant
Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender? - One brother

Ancestral background? - Greek

Favorite books: too many, theology, History, Dogmatics, patrology, Dostoyevsky, CS Lewis, Tolstoy, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, Gone with the wind... Roberta Flack, "east and west wind", Herodotos History, etc... too many really.

Some of your favorite movies: Casablanca, Gone with the wind, Christ of NaZareth, The Passion of The Christ, Mother Teressa, Mystery movies, Adventure movies (all Indianna Jones), Some Walt Disney, Family movies Historical movies and documentaries.
Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages? Yes, English. My native is Greek, Also know Latin.(some since high school is a loooong time)
What part of the world do you live in? - East coast USA.

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds. One dog and one cat.

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent?

Nope! I have a retired brother from the Greek Navy ;) lol...

What tv shows do you like to watch? Now ...none. I used to watch all the oldies... favorites...hmm bewitched.... and the Ginny... I like comedies

What's your favorite Christian theological subject? - All... preferably dogmatics and the Bible also Chruch history ....urgh cannot decide...

Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Are you married? - Yes

If you're married, how many years have you been married? - 7 years

Any children? - yes

If so, how many, and what are their gender? - Two daughters and one son

What's your favorite holiday? - Christmas and I guess also Halloween - I've always loved macabre costumes.

What type of music do you like to listen to? - 60's rock, medieval and Renaissance polyphony, old time gospel, Bach, traditional Anglican hymns.

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender? - Two sisters

Ancestral background? - Irish/Scottish/English/French/German/Dutch.

Favorite books/authors: The Diviners, Agatha Christi, anything by Robertson Davies, C.S. Lewis, The Consolation of Philosophy, stuff by Ursula LeGuin, Madeline L'Engle, The Divisions of Nature, T.S Eliot, Christina Rosseti, Arthur C Clarke, Frank Herbert.

Some of your favorite movies: Babette's Feast, Hideous Kinky, Love Actually.

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages? Not really - I studied Latin at university but it is all gone. I can get the bare essentials in French.

What part of the world do you live in? - Eastern Canada.

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds.Three dogs and two cats.

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent? I was an army reservist for ten years.

What tv shows do you like to watch? Dr Who. Though I haven't seen any with the most recent Doctor.

What's your favorite Christian theological subject? Don't know - it shifts depending on my mood I guess.

Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How could I forget Doctor Who? I love Doctor Who and watch it all the time...I should also add Torchwood and Primeval to my list.

I kind of like Torchwood - but I just keep being boggled at how they can fit that much non-plot related gay sex into one tv series.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are you married? - Yes. This is a pic of my husband and me at a pupuseria here in Tegucigalpa, Honduras where we live.
Nathan%2Band%2Bme.jpg

If you're married, how many years have you been married? - 13 and a half years

Any children? - Nathan has two from a previous marriage; his daughter has a little girl, and his son has a little boy and a baby girl. *resisting temptation to post grandbaby pictures*

What's your favorite holiday? - Here in Honduras I like Semana Santa (Holy Week), which begins tomorrow. I like it because it's a week off from school when I'm really tired and can use the rest. It's also very quiet and calm here in the city because the people here, many of them, are very religious and very family-oriented.

What type of music do you like to listen to? - Worship music, especially the prophetic and/or soaking type and also the intercessory/warfare type. Example (I know not everyone will like this....):
YouTube - Misty Edwards, 'I Knew What I Was Getting Into', 2009-08-06, Prayer Room IHOP-KC

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender? - I have a brother who is the food service manager at a Methodist retreat center. He's married with two kids and a Harley.

Ancestral background? - Swedish, Cherokee, German, and a bit of French and Scotch-Irish

Favorite books/authors: Don Richardson (Peace Child, Secrets of the Koran), Bob Sorge (Exploring Worship, Loyalty), Henri Nouwen (With Open Hands, Desert Wisdom), Ira Milligan (Understanding the Dreams You Dream), many others.....

Some of your favorite movies: Lion King, Matrix (the first one only), Almost an Angel, Second Hand Lions, Babbette's Feast, Amadeus, The Green Mile

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages? I used to know a little Russian, but that was years ago. I am kind of trying to learn Spanish (helpful in Latin America, yeah..).

What part of the world do you live in? - Honduras, in the capital city: Tegucigalpa.

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds. A grey tabby kitten adopted us in December; her name is Llamita (little flame) because of the orange on her head. I think she's Pentecostal. LOL

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent? My husband was in Army Intelligence during the Cold War, as a Russian linguist.

What tv shows do you like to watch? Recently I have liked shows like Top Chef and Master Chef,even though I'm not much of a chef. I also like Project Runway a lot, and American Idol and X-factor. I prefer the Australian version of these shows, the ones that have an Australian version, which I watch online. I'm sure it's partly the accent. LOL!

What's your favorite Christian theological subject? dreams, visions, prophecy, and the supernatuaral - also ethics, scriptural interpretation, and evangelism/missions. Yeah, I know, I'm missing all of the -ology words. What of it?

by the way, I teach English lit and composition to 12th grade bilingual students here in Honduras. Here's a photo of me in my classroom with one of my former students who was about to leave to study Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan. She's one of my favorite students ever.
Farewell%2BElisa%2521.jpg

and a photo of me teaching English at my husband's project in a very poor section of town:
Teaching%20At%20La%20Roca.jpg

And finally one of me leading worship with a team at our English-speaking service - I'm on the keys.
Tha%20Band.jpg

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where were you born?
Baltimore,MD

What age group do you fall in: Teen, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-100 (wooo!!)

Are you married?
yes

If you're married, how many years have you been married?
just shy of 10 years

Any children?
6 step kids

If so, how many, and what are their gender?
3 girls,3 boys

Any grandchildren:
yes

3 boys,two girls living...one girl deceased

What's your favorite holiday?
Religious...Easter-----secular...Fourth of July

What type of music do you like to listen to?

Secular:
eclectic jazz,weird country,classic rock,baroque
Christian:chants

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender?
2 living...1 brother,one sister---one deceased brother

Ancestoral background?
English,French,German and Russian

Favorite books:

Secular:
The Pern series by Anne McCaffrey,Life in Darwin's Universe by Gene Bylinsky

Christian:
Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott

Some of your favorite movies:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, the original Fantasia

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages?
no

What part of the world do you live in?
SE USA

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds.
3 choodles and a boatload of fish

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent?
yes and yes

What tv shows do you like to watch?
Bones,NCIS and the BBC funnies on ETV

What's your favorite Christian theological subject?
depends on my state of mind

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟243,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's nice to see this thread back! I'll have to read over more closely all the posts when I get time. The parental units are in town for Holy Week, so I don't have too much time to be getting on the computer, especially with Holy Week starting this morning. God bless! :wave:

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟572,130.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello, All. I thought it would be nice for us to share some things about ourselves so that we are not just a cardboard cutout of a person seen through typed letters and just one perspective. ;) I'm sure this has been done before, but for a refresher and for those new, it would be nice to get to know the souls in this forum. :) So, I'm going to post a few questions for all to answer (if they feel comfortable), to share themselves with us. TIA! :groupray:

Where were you born?

Indianapolis Indiana

What age group do you fall in: Teen, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-100 (wooo!!)

Are you married?

Yes, legally but we have been separated for years.

If you're married, how many years have you been married?

20+

Any children?

Three daughters, on the left in the back is Cassi, across from her is Beth. They were visiting me after I returned from Afghanistan. That's me on the left at the front of the raft with the shades and the fancy haircut. ;)

29337-albums3685-32240.jpg

Three daughters, Heather couldn't make the trip.

Any grandchildren:

Two grandaughters.

Thanksgiving, the only genuinely Christian holiday.

Secular: Classic Rock
Christian: Third Day Offering

1 brother.

Ancestoral background?

French Indian on my Dad's side, my grandmother was Irish Catholic.

Favorite books:

Secular: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig
Christian: Therefor Stand, Wilbur Smith

The Rock, Dead Poets Society, Anything in black and white staring Sidney Poitier, Consider the Lilies being my favorite.

No

Western US, Colorado Springs Colorado.

No, but thinking about getting a bird.

I've been on active duty in the Army since May of 2006. Served in the Navy way back in the 80s

House, NCIS and those endless Law and Order marathons.

Apologetics (Creationism)

Thanks! Hope you enjoy!

Your very welcome.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟22,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where were you born?
Florida
Are you married?
No
Easter

Secular:Rock
Christian:Gregorian Chant ;)

2. Both Girls
Ancestoral background?
German, Swedish, Irish, English, Welsh. Oh, and my Great-Grandma 14 generations back was Pocahontas.
Favorite books:
Too many to count
Secular:
Christian:

I'm not really a movie person.
Español, Pig-Latin
Florida, US
I have a cat.
No
Spongebob.
That's too broad. :D

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's nice to see this thread back! I'll have to read over more closely all the posts when I get time. The parental units are in town for Holy Week, so I don't have too much time to be getting on the computer, especially with Holy Week starting this morning. God bless! :wave:
Wait - so Holy Week is the same with EO as with RC this year??

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟846,099.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Where were you born?--Stratford, Ontario, Canada

What age group do you fall in: 50-59

Are you married?--Yes!

If you're married, how many years have you been married?--27 years this past March.

Any children?

If so, how many, and what are their gender?--Yup, one daughter.

Any grandchildren: nope.

What's your favorite holiday?--Holy Week/Easter; Christmas.

Secular: Clasical
Christian: Clasical

Any siblings? If so, how many and what are their gender?--One Sister

Ancestoral background? German/Alsatian.

Favorite books:
Secular: To numerous to count.
Christian:Bible, Book of Concord, and many many more!

Some of your favorite movies: Also too numerous, however I really like Historic movies.

Can you speak another language than your native one? How many other languages? I understand a bit of German and a bit of Latin.

What part of the world do you live in?--same place as I was born.

Any pets? If so, how many and what kinds.--the daughter's cat. I call him "Locksmith" because when I kick him in the butt, he makes a bolt for the door.

Did you ever serve in the military, or have you or are you a military dependent? No, but I have uncles who served in WW II, a BIL who has served in Croatia, and a nephew who has been in Bosnia and Afganistan.

What tv shows do you like to watch? CSIs, NCISs, Discovery and History Chanels, and PBS.

What's your favorite Christian theological subject? All.

Passtimes include Modding at CF, sailing, fishing, shooting, "Lutheran Beverage" appreciation and consumption, and BBQing (charcoal only).

Grew up on a farm. Worked as a Funeral Director for a number of years. Worked in Agricultural Supply, now work in a factory making parts for Toyota.

Active in Church, and serve on our Synod's Worship (Liturgical Committee).

I'm an open book, so feel free to ask me anything.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟243,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Western US, Colorado Springs Colorado.

I've been on active duty in the Army since May of 2006. Served in the Navy way back in the 80s

Grace and peace,
Mark
Hi, Mark! You're practically my neighbor! I live in Fountain, CO!!! :D :wave:

Upvote 0