United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reader..

What if you are born again, and yet you die before you are water baptized...........

What if you are the dying Thief on the Cross who was saved, went with Jesus, but was never water baptized...........

What if you are on "death row", and they are walking you to the Electric Chair at 5am...., and i stop you on your way there, and ask you if you are ready to receive Christ as you Savior, and you tell me that you do now trust in Christ with all your heart.... and want to publicly confess this before they put you to death...........and you do, and then they kill you.

What if you are 88 yrs old, and you are in the Hospital, in the Oncology (Cancer) ward, and you are dying... and will be dead in the next 4 mins.
You are all by yourself, in the dark at 3am...., and you "believe on Jesus with all your heart... and accept Him into your heart by faith".

What if you are in a Communist Country that does not allow Bibles or Christians, and you are in a jail there, and you "trust in Christ with all your heart" while you are in THEIR Jail......

Now, none of those BELIEVERS can be "sprinkled" "immersed", "dunked" or otherwise water baptized.

Are they Saved, ?

Of course they are, and no water baptism was found for them.

So, Reader, if you are under the mind control of a Water Cult, that has you believing that WATER is required for SALVATiON< then i just showed you REAL LIFE CASES where this water cult theology, is proven to be a LIE.

Final answer?

Do not believe a lie., and do not teach a Lie.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Reader..

What if you are born again, and yet you die before you are water baptized...........

What if you are the dying Thief on the Cross who was saved, went with Jesus, but was never water baptized...........

What if you are on "death row", and they are walking you to the Electric Chair at 5am...., and i stop you on your way there, and ask you if you are ready to receive Christ as you Savior, and you tell me that you do now trust in Christ with all your heart.... and want to publicly confess this before they put you to death...........and you do, and then they kill you.

What if you are 88 yrs old, and you are in the Hospital, in the Oncology (Cancer) ward, and you are dying... and will be dead in the next 4 mins.
You are all by yourself, in the dark at 3am...., and you "believe on Jesus with all your heart... and accept Him into your heart by faith".

What if you are in a Communist Country that does not allow Bibles or Christians, and you are in a jail there, and you "trust in Christ with all your heart" while you are in THEIR Jail......

Now, none of those BELIEVERS can be "sprinkled" "immersed", "dunked" or otherwise water baptized.

Are they Saved, ?

So, Reader, if you are under the mind control of a Water Cult, that has you believing that WATER is required for SALVATiON< then i just showed you REAL LIFE CASES where this water cult theology, is proven to be a LIE.

Final answer?

Was Jesus in a cult since He was water baptized? It certainly pleased His Father in Heaven. Which Jesus came to do His will John 6:38. Does the creation know better than the Creator? Lucifer thought he did and deceived a third of the angels. Christ warned us about many who will be teaching in His name, that will also deceive us Mat 25:4-5, so it’s important to read the Bible for ourselves.

Matthew 3:13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried toprevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him. 16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and [a]He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Jesus didn’t need to be baptized but did so as our example to follow 1 John 2:6. Jesus always led by example showing us the WAY to the narrow path back to Him.

There are many scriptures telling us to be baptized Acts 2:38-41, Rom 6:4 Mat 28:19 etc., so we ought to obey the Word of God over the teachings of man.

Baptism is symbolic of a wedding ceremony that we have ended our old life of sin and have dedicated our life to Christ. While baptism won’t save us, only the blood of Jesus saves us through faith, believing and doing His every Word is an expression of faith. While there appears to be some exceptions that some people were saved without doing so, if we love Jesus why would anyone want to wait until the last minute- live life the way we want but at the end I’ll submit to Christ, that may works for some but perhaps many never get the chance to dedicate themselves to Christ before its too late, also the longer we disobey God, the more chance of receiving the strong delusion i.e. harden heart where we no longer know the difference between right and wrong 2 Thes 2:11. Is that the faith Christs looking for, do the bare minimum to be saved- how does that show faith in His every Word. Trust God’s Word and live by it, Mat 4:4 its the only voice we should listen to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟277,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Impossible since being Water Baptized IS being born again.
The Good Thief was saved under the Old Law.
All we can do is trust in His mercy.
All we can do is trust in His mercy.
Final answer?
Water Baptism makes you a member of His Body, the Church

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟109,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reader..

Are they Saved, ?

Final answer?

I copied and pasted these examples to another folder outside of CF. I will be using them to teach our congregates really good examples of bad and uniformed baptistic theology. Thanks!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Reader..

Are they Saved, ?

Final answer?

First, Christ did not found a "water cult". He sent his Apostles out into the world saying:

Mat 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..."

He sent them out baptizing. If you'd like to know what baptism accomplishes, among other things, Peter said to the men of Judea:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

He said baptism is for the remission of sins. It is through water baptism that a person receives forgiveness of previous sins. And to -once again- put the matter of the thief on the cross to bed, Jesus forgave his sins in person. The thief died sinless. He received full pardon for everything he had ever done up until that point. When he is judged he will have nothing to be condemned for. We receive that same forgiveness through baptism just as if Jesus was forgiving us in person.

As to your other examples they are merely hypotheticals and do not answer the question. The question is answered in the bible and the teachings of Christianity. As the writer of 1 Peter said:

1Pe 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ...

Water baptism is not for removing dirt from the body, but cleanses the conscience through the remission of sins.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟107,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reader..

Are they Saved, ?

Final answer?

Right. When we are told that those who believe and are baptized will be saved, this is not a formula for salvation requiring 1) belief, and 2) water baptism. It is just saying that those who make a commitment to Christ, who have converted from paganism and have shown so by getting baptized, will be saved.

It's like saying, "Those who go down the aisle, raise their hand, or pray the prayer of repentance will get saved." This isn't a list of what one must do to be saved. Rather, it is a guarantee that salvation comes to those who sincerely convert from their pagan ways.

In other words, one does not need to find an aisle to go down, or raise a hand, in case you've lost yours. And maybe you can't speak. A mental impression of a confession from the heart will do. And if you believe in your heart, you will do what you say.

People who make conversion into a religious ritual, replete with liturgies, formulas, and ostentatious displays are eying the thing all wrong. Christianity is not a ritual--it is a relationship with God by which we convert from living for ourselves to living together with the Lord. It is a partnership in which we always defer to Him, because it is from Him we derive our purpose and it is from Him we obtain the virtue by which we fulfill our destiny.

Let's not depend on formulas, liturgies, and even confessions. If from the heart we confess Jesus as our Lord, and then truly live by that, we will be Saved. Those things are required.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟93,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. One can be water baptized, but it does not mean they are born again. Many people are baptized and don't believe in Jesus. Do you think they are saved when they don't believe in Jesus? Of course not.

Being born again means being regenarated by the Holy Spirit. God gives you a new heart, and washes away your sins. All this is done by God alone, by His grace. You can't earn it.

The Good Thief was saved under the Old Law
OT sains were saved the same way NT saints are. By grace. Not by works. We are all sinners, deserving God's wrath. We are slaves to sins, unable to save ourselves. We need someone to redeem us, someone to pay for our sins, someone who breaks the power of sin, and is sinless. That is the case for every saves person ever.

Paul explains this well in letter to the Galatians.

Water Baptism makes you a member of His Body, the Church
No it doesn't. Water baptism does nothing if you have no faith, and not just any faith, but saving faith. What makes us the body of Christ is the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟109,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. One can be water baptized, but it does not mean they are born again. Many people are baptized and don't believe in Jesus. Do you think they are saved when they don't believe in Jesus? Of course not.
This post is very judgmental. Smacks of triumphalism among the Credobaptists.

Are you saying baptism is optional?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. When we are told that those who believe and are baptized will be saved,

You are saved , and then you are water baptized.

You give God your FAITH, in Christ, as "faith is counted by God, as Righteousness"....

This means that God accepts your faith to "impute Christ's righteousness unto to", as a part of the forgiveness of your sin.

And THEN, God give you the NEW BIRTH of your Spirit, that is cause by God's Holy Spirit.

See that? That is SALVATION.. and after you have that, then go get dunked.

So, if you teach this as "water does that" then you are teaching a "water cult".

Reactions: RandyPNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mat 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,

Let show you something..

= Before Jesus was crucified, He had been sent to the House of Israel.... only. (Jews)

And during His earthly ministry, there were Jews who believed Him, and He told them......

""""Then Jesus said to those JEWS who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My DISCIPLES... indeed.""""

See that?

That is not a CHRISTian.. that is a DISCIPLE...

So, when you read about "disciples", being made, then realize that this is not a CHRISTIAN..

How do you know @HTacianas ?

Because a CHRISTIAN is a SON-Daughter of God.......... and that is so much more then to become a "disciple".

A Disciple can go to Hell.
A Born again CHRISTian, is "one with God, "seated in heavenly places".. ALREADY.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I copied and pasted these examples to another folder outside of CF. I will be using them to teach our congregates really good examples of bad and uniformed baptistic theology. Thanks!

I hope you do.

Lets see if you offer it to them, exactly as i wrote it, or if you will offer it to them, "edited" to suit your "denominations" theology.

That's on you. @Ain't Zwinglian

Help yourself.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You are a JW or a Catholic?

See, this idea , this false idea, this LIE, that "water cults" teach.....that states that water causes regeneration, and not the Holy Spirit, is based on the Catholic Bible. .. the Douay Rheims.

In this book......In John 3... it says... "born again BY water".

"born again.......By.... Water"

And water cults teach that....

And that is in fact a LIE, and how do you know, Reader?

Because its the Holy Spirit of God, that gives the New Birth, not the city water supply.

Water is just water... and nothing more.

Now these water cults, pretend that the city water supply has mystical power to cause "baptismal regeneration".

Do not believe these water cults.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Reader..

Different Christians have different ways of talking about scenarios such as this. But in essence it boils down to something incredibly simple: God's grace. God is pro-saving people, and we don't gatekeep salvation. Thus the person who has faith, and dies in faith, even if they were yet unable to receive Baptism, is no less saved than the baptized.

The analogy I have often used is this: There is the ordinary way a person is born, a woman gives birth as the child passes through the birth canal, this is an ordinary vaginal birth. However sometimes complications arise, and a doctor will perform a caesarean section, and the child is removed from the mother surgically. The end result is the same: a child is born. Whether through the ordinary means of a vaginal birth, or through the extraordinary means of a caesarean section, it results in the same outcome. The ordinary means does not negate the extraordinary, neither does the extraordinary invalidate ordinary means. A c-section baby is not less than a baby; and neither does a c-section invalidate that most people are, and always have been born, through the ordinary means of a vaginal birth.

In the same way the ordinary means given to us in Scripture by which a person enters into God's household of faith is Baptism, by which a person is born again, united with Christ's death, burial, and resurrection, clothed with Christ, etc. That does not mean that a person cannot receive these gifts and promises apart from Baptism, God's hands aren't tied, He can save whomever He wants however He wants. We put our faith in God, and in the perfect work of Jesus Christ who having suffered and died and risen has made Atonement between God and man, and through the power of God's grace in the Gospel God takes hold of us and makes us His own, because He loves us.

Baptism is not, and never has been, some kind of work we do in order to earn salvation. Baptism is about God coming down, in His love and grace, to accomplish what He Himself has promised. In the same way that a physician or paramedic enters a home to save a sick or dying person. Baptism is God's gracious intervention.

See above.

The Son of God said to the dying brigand, "Today you will be with Me in Paradise". What more needs to be said?

We can, of course, point out obvious things such as how the Sacrament of Baptism wasn't given and instituted until after the Lord's resurrection, so it'd be silly to expect anyone to receive Christian Baptism before Christian Baptism even existed. It's not as though John's baptism could save a person, what John was doing in the desert was calling people to repentance in anticipation for Jesus--so John said, "I must decrease that He may increase". It's not as though Jewish ritual washings--tevilah--could save, that's not what they were for. It's not as though taking a dip in a river, going for a swim, or having a bath can save anyone. Water can't save anyone. The reason why Baptism--Christian Baptism--is significant is because Christ Himself instituted it as the ordinary means by which His Church would make disciples, because here in and with ordinary water is the powerful, living word of God. This is what St. Paul means when he, writing to the Ephesians, speaks of Christ washing His Church with the "washing of water with the word" (Ephesians 5:26 if you would like to read it for yourself). It's a reference to Baptism, where both water and word are connected.

The life-giving word of God is, writes the author of Hebrews, "living and active". St. Paul says that this very word creates faith (see Romans 10:17). So it's not water that does anything, but God's word--what God promises to do, and because God doesn't renege on His promises but keeps His word (see Isaiah 55:11 for example) well God does what He says He will do, and gives what He says He will give. And what happens happens because God is Faithful.

So when Jesus turns to the sorrowful brigand dying next to Him and says, "Amen Amen, I say to you, today you will be with Me" that's really all that matters. Jesus makes a promise. And that's all that needs to be said. That same promise is also made in Baptism, which is why we can trust God when He says He will save us, and cleanse us, in the waters of Baptism. Not because of the water, but because of God's promise, His word, His own Faithfulness.

See above. The promise of God is that all who trust in Christ shall not be put to shame (see Romans 10:11). God is not going to renege on that promise.

See above.

See above.

Are they Saved, ?

Yes. Just as those whom God has brought to Himself through the precious waters of Holy Baptism.

It's not those of us who believe what the Bible has to say about Baptism who are gate-keeping salvation. We believe God is pro-saving people.

But let's flip the script:

Is a person who is baptized, before they can make a public confession of faith, saved?

Final answer?

I don't know what a water cult is. But as a Bible-believing follower of Jesus Christ I believe that Holy Baptism is the ordinary and precious means of grace which Scripture says it is. And I believe what God says concerning it.

Again, I'm curious, can a person be saved through God's gift and work of Baptism? What say you?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone actually believe: "water saves you", since Deity saves the person?

Nobody believes water saves anyone.

It's a bad faith argument rooted in blatant ignorance of the Bible and Christianity.

It's like when a hostile atheist once accused me of being part of a "Jewish Zombie Cult". It's meant to be antagonistic and nothing more.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: bling
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Different Christians have different ways of talking about scenarios such as this. But in essence it boils down to something incredibly simple: God's grace. God is pro-saving people, and we don't gatekeep salvation.

John Calvin "gate-keeps" Salvation, and its defined as : TULIP

Maybe you heard of it?
If not, about 80% of this Forum's members can clue you in, @ViaCrucis

And the "cult of mary", Gate-Keeps" Salvation, by teaching that you are Born again..... BY = Water.

These same "water cult" teach the lie that "water washes away your sin" as if the Blood of JESUS does not even exist.

Understand?

The NT says you are born again "by my Spirit sayeth the Lord" and if you think that is water baptism, then you have a surprise waiting for you, a little later on, Reader.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Let show you something..

= Before Jesus was crucified, He had been sent to the House of Israel.... only. (Jews)

And during His earthly ministry, there were Jews who believed Him, and He told them......

""""Then Jesus said to those JEWS who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My DISCIPLES... indeed.""""

See that?

That is not a CHRISTian.. that is a DISCIPLE...

So, when you read about "disciples", being made, then realize that this is not a CHRISTIAN..

How do you know @HTacianas ?

Because a CHRISTIAN is a SON-Daughter of God.......... and that is so much more then to become a "disciple".

A Disciple can go to Hell.
A Born again CHRISTian, is "one with God, "seated in heavenly places".. ALREADY.

To say that someone is a disciple is the same to say they are a Christian.

Act 11:26 ...And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,126.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Act 11:26 ...And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Remember.. that in the OT, when Jesus was not yet crucified, a disciple was not a Christian., they were a disciple.

The verse you posted.. is 12 yrs, obo, after Jesus is back in Heaven.

So, in that case, you have the Born again., who were first called "disciples", of that type, in Antioch.

Before that, and when Jesus was walking around with the 12, they were called "apostles", but they not yet Christians, as you can't become one of those, till Jesus dies on the Cross.

"CHRIST-ian".

So, while the born again can be called a servant of God........Paul also says...>"You are no more a servant but a Son-Daughter" of God.

Jesus told the Apostles, i call you "FRIEND".

Jesus said once......."who is my mother and my brother'......Then JESUS pointed to his DISCIPLES and said, “Look, these are my mother and brothers. Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!”"..

So do you see all that?

Now let me show you this, and then i'll show you one more.

"depart from me, i never knew you".....Is Jesus talking to Disciples who were casting out Devils "in Jesus's name".

And one more.

Every born again Christian.. has become.

An "heir of God".. and a 'Joint heir with Jesus"..

See that? That is so much more then just a "disciple"..

Upvote 0

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟277,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Remember.. that in the OT, when Jesus was not yet crucified, a disciple was not a Christian., they were a disciple.
Jesus was not yet Crucified in the vast majority of the NT too.

Upvote 0