✟7,892.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I figured this was overdue;
whom here worships metal madness? {whos' a metal fan?}. What types of metal, what bands? Some of your fave albums? Fave albums thus far this year? Etc.
all other Metal related chit-chat!

Me, I'm 27{allmost} and have been a diehard metalhead/headbanger since I was around 11-ish or so.

My fave sub-genre{s}: Death Metal/ and Black metal. AS far as "black metal" is concerned, though I like raw stuff abit{my fave raw bands beeing probably the likes of "Marduk"} I am a bigger fan of "synth/keyboard" and "progressive" black metal. I also like 80's type thrash, and Im a fan of some classic metal as well.

My fave bands include:
Dimmu Borgir,Deicide,Vital Remians,Morbid Angel,,Behemoth,Cradle Of Filth,Immortal,Cannibal Corpse,Naglfar,Old Mans Child,Dissection,'Old/early' Obituary,Overkill,Megadeth,Testament,Iron Maiden, Ozzy,Alice Cooper, they may not count as metal{are gothic hard rock} but "Evanescence".
amongst many others.

Some of the best albums ever in my opinion:
-Dimmu Borgir= "enthrone darkness triumphant"/"Spiritual Black Dimensions"/"Deeath Cult Armageddon"/"Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia"
-Cradle of Filth="Midian"/"Damnation and day"/"Cruelty and the Beast"/
-Deicide="Deicide"/"Legion"/"Once Upon the Cross"
-Vital Remains="Dechristianze"
-Cannibal Corpse="Butchered at Birth", and well, pretty much all their gore laced albums.
-Megadeth="Rust in peace"
-Overkill="The years of decay"
-Testament="the new order"
-Alice Cooper="raise your fist and yell"
-Dismember="indecent and obscene"
-Naglfar="Sheol"/"Pariah"
-Behmoth="demigod"
-Iron Maiden="Powerslave"/"Sevent son of a sevent son"/"piece of mind"/"brave new world"
-Ozzy="The Ultimate sin"
-Dissection="storm of the lights band"
-Immortal="Sons of northern Darkness"/"damned in black"
-Evanescence="fallen"
amongst soooo many others.

Best albums this years/2005:
Behemoth="demigod"
Naglfar="Pariah"
Nile="Annihilation of the wicked"

Best albums since new millenium started:
Dimmu Borgir="Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia"/"Deeath cult armageddon"
Cradle Of Filth="Midian"/"Damnation and a day"
Vital Remains="Dechristianize"

I also spent a substantial amount of time immersed in the Christian death/black/thrash metal scene{mid 90's-2004}. I've gotten rid of all my christian stuff, but admitedly there are some really good musicians in the scene.

My tastes are'nt limited to metal, I also enjoy bits of most other forms of music. I am also a HUGE fan of "Jewel". Allthough to look at me you'd think I was either a black/death metal freak or a 80's thrashhead.

So, friends, blast away.

aaarrrrgghhh, metal reigns!!!

In Metal madness supreme:
Trifixion

guitargeek

Mar 8, 2004
Cape Cod Massachusetts
✟525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a metal fan. I just went to the Boston Giantour show last Saturday. Nevermore, Dillenger escape plan, Fear Factory, Dream Theater (the reason I went), and Megadeth. I didn't get there in time for Nevermore, but I liked Dillenger. Sort of like screaming prog rock, lots of blast beats and all that.

I also enjoy Meshuggah, Extol, Opeth, and old Metallica. I'm partial more to excellant musicianship rather than just metal, so my tastes are all over the place, but those are the metal groups I tend to listen to.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
guitargeek said:
I'm a metal fan. I just went to the Boston Giantour show last Saturday. Nevermore, Dillenger escape plan, Fear Factory, Dream Theater (the reason I went), and Megadeth. I didn't get there in time for Nevermore, but I liked Dillenger. Sort of like screaming prog rock, lots of blast beats and all that.
guitargeek said:

I also enjoy Meshuggah, Extol, Opeth, and old Metallica. I'm partial more to excellant musicianship rather than just metal, so my tastes are all over the place, but those are the metal groups I tend to listen to.

You rock. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

intricatic

Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm...

Anything Dream Theater (I am quite a fan of classical / power metal). All their albums are the best. ^_^

Megadeth, everything but their latest few albums...

I like a lot of various eclectic metal nobody has heard of (Quo Vadis who can do no wrong in regards to albums, BioGenesis who also can do no wrong, being a few).

I also enjoy ...

Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Pantera, Opeth, Opera IX. Then my taste goes all into classic rock, folk, and classical music. ;)

Upvote 0

MetalBlade

Defender of the Faith
Feb 23, 2003
Bowling Green, Ohio
Visit site
✟2,632.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well I guess I am in this thread! lol. I listen to just about everything save rap music and punk/emo. In the 90's I listened to alternative, but then started getting into 80's glam metal when I was about 15, which I still love to this day. I am now 21. So do the math! :p

My first metal album I bought was Scorpions - Best of Rockers N' Ballads!
The Latest cd I bought was Deceased - Supernatual Addiction

I have way to many fav albums to list them all so I list a couple:
Blind Guardian - Lost in the Twhilight Hall
Dokken - Tooth And Nail
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild
Black Sabbath - Vol 4
Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Dio - Masters of the Moon
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith etc. etc. etc.

My favorite genre is power metal! Sonata Arctica, HammerFall, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Lost Horizon Falconer, Rhapsody, etc. etc. are some of my fav bands. I also love thrash! OverKill, old Metallica and old Slayer, Megadeth, Testament, etc. etc. I used to play lead guitar in a thrash metal band when I was in high school.

My fave bands include:
All the prementioned and many many more. My top ones right now are: Iced Earth, Judas Priest, Maiden, Accept, ETC.

Best albums this years/2005:
This one is hard. HammerFall's new album rules. The new Nile is good as well. But I think I am gonna have to stick with my fav band of all time Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution! Then again Gamma Ray is releasing an album this year as well.

I also love to go to metal concerts! I just recently saw HammerFall and Edguy which ruled. This summer I also saw Priest and Queensryche, Manowar and Rhapsody, and Sonata Arctica. My first show was in 2001 when I saw Blind Guardian and Symphony X!!! Festivals rule though. I went to BW&BK II and saw Doro, Metal Church, Grave Digger, Ion Vein, Seven Witches, Brainstorm, and more. The Metal Gods Tour was cool to! Immortal, Primal Fear, Testament, Halford, etc. etc.

Upvote 0

Links234

LinksAce
Oct 7, 2004
Gefangen in der Finsternis
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am
muya.gif

I'm a HUGE fan of industrial metal, metal, and I like a FEW black metal songs. Thrash metal and melodic death metal are good.

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟17,315.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Metalhead right here.

Personally, i enjoy all types of metal though i tend to prefer Black or Melodic Death metal though.
fav bands:
Dream Theater
Arcturus
Arch Enemy
Children of Bodom
Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Marduk
Dissection
Emperor
Bathory
Hammerfall
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Kreator
At the Gates
Iced Earth
Slayer
S.O.D.
just off the top of my head

Usually, i prefer newer stuff as opposed to more traditional metal, just preference however, all of its good, but older stuff like metallica and megadeth isn't as appealling to me as an awsome Dream Theater album or something of the Black metal genre.

In fact, if i hadn't listened to metal, i'd probably have not picked up a bass (now guitar) and tried to play it. Bands like Arch Enemy and Children of Bodom influcenced me to strive to be like such great guitarists. Still, i look up to the Amott bros. and Alexi Laiho, though i've found more talented guitarists, those for me, were the ones that sparked my now life-dominating music interest.

Upvote 0

SuperBee

Veteran
Jan 11, 2005
New Hampshire
✟9,618.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
MetalBlade said:
My first metal album I bought was Scorpions - Best of Rockers N' Ballads!

Dude, that's awesome. The first metal album I bought was the Scorpions World Wide Live ('84) album...on cassette :thumbsup:. Some of my favorites are Wind of Change, Big City Nights, and No One Like You.

So far my collection consists of the following, with a few of my favorites (All Mp3's):

Queensryche - Another Rainy Night (Without You)
Quiet Riot - Run for Cover
Dokken -Tooth and Nail
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Barren Cross - State of Control
Believer
Blind Guardian
Life of Agony - Through and Through
MotörHead - Asylum Choir
Holy Soldier
Deliverance - 1990
The Crucified
Judas Priest - You Got Another Thing Comin'
Damn Yankees - High Enough
Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls
Metallica - Whiplash
Ratt - Round and Round
Scorpions - Wind of Change
Stryper
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Black Sabbath - Paranoia
Impellitteri - Eye of the Hurricane
Rammstein - Asche Zu Asche
Tourniquet - Test for Leprosy
Messiah Prophet
X-Sinner - Livin' on the Edge
White Cross - We Know What's Right
Neon Cross
Precious Death - You're Gone, I'm Here
Rob Rock
Sacred Warrior (Queensryche-ish)
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Vengeance Rising - Warfare
Die Happy
Yngwie Malmsteen

Some others that I'm not sure if you'd consider "Metal"

Bad English
Firehouse
White Snake
White Lion
Bad English
Kix
Kiss
Winger
Poison
Van Halen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MetalBlade

Defender of the Faith
Feb 23, 2003
Bowling Green, Ohio
Visit site
✟2,632.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SuperBee said:
Some others that I'm not sure if you'd consider "Metal"

Bad English
Firehouse
White Snake
White Lion
Bad English
Kix
Kiss
Winger
Poison
Van Halen
Most hardcore...err that really is a bad term. Since there is music know called hardcore and it is anything but metal...ok. Most elite metal heads would not call these bands metal. They would call them 80's hair band, glam rock, etc. I call it glam metal, cause I do see some of the big haired 80's bands as metal. Quiet Riot was metal. Ratt is metal (if you disagree, then listen to the album Detenator). Dokken is metal! (and if you disagree here, you don't know what real metal is). Bad English, Firehouse, White Snake, White Lion, Kixx, Kiss, Winger, and Poison I consider glam rock. They really didn't have that competitive, heavy edge as Dokken or say Keel had. They are all good bands, don't get me wrong. Just not metal per say. Glam rock is what led me to metal.

Upvote 0

Z500

i can see into your house
Apr 12, 2003
here
✟15,996.00
Faith
Atheist
death and black metal mostly, but lots of doom also, particularly drone, sludge, and a little stoner. drone is awesome, i just can't explain it. some of my favorite albums:

Sunn O))) - entire discography, except maybe Veils it White
Khanate - Khanate
Boris - Absolutego, Amplifier Worship, Akuma no Uta, Feedbacker
Disembowelment - Transcendence into the Peripheral
Morbid Angel - Abominations of Desolation, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh, Gateway to Annihilation
Graveland - Creed of Iron
Mayhem - Deathcrush, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Nargaroth - Herbstleyd
Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell, Incipit Satan
Sepultura - Morbid Visions, Schizophrenia
Samael - Worship Him
Eyehategod - In the Name of Suffering
Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey
Grief - Come to Grief
Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer
Goatsnake - Flower of Disease
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem
Beherit - The Oath of Black Blood
Sigh - Scorn Defeat

Upvote 0

Trifixion

May 18, 2005
Earth
Visit site
✟7,892.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MetalBlade said:
Most hardcore...err that really is a bad term. Since there is music know called hardcore and it is anything but metal...ok. Most elite metal heads would not call these bands metal. They would call them 80's hair band, glam rock, etc. I call it glam metal, cause I do see some of the big haired 80's bands as metal. Quiet Riot was metal. Ratt is metal (if you disagree, then listen to the album Detenator). Dokken is metal! (and if you disagree here, you don't know what real metal is). Bad English, Firehouse, White Snake, White Lion, Kixx, Kiss, Winger, and Poison I consider glam rock. They really didn't have that competitive, heavy edge as Dokken or say Keel had. They are all good bands, don't get me wrong. Just not metal per say. Glam rock is what led me to metal.

I feel the same way as you. Even Nu-Metal IS metal, but it isn't my cup of tea personally{or chalice of blood as it were:D }.
Glam Metal and hard rock/ 80's hair metal was what got me into heavy metal too; Motley Crue,Alice Cooper,Skid Rowe,etc.
I suppose there is a slight difference between the likes of "Crue" or "W.A.S.P."
which could qualify directly as "metal"{glam/shock} and hard rock/glam rock bands such as "Poison" and "Winger",etc.
"Quiet Riot",'Dokken","Ratt", definately-METAL.

I still get a kick everfytime I hear this stuff{though all I own are a couple WASP albums and one Crue album as far as this stuff goes now; "Dr Feelgood" was my first metal album ever}. I also get a kick when I hear hard rock/glam rock like "Def Lepard","Heart", or "AC/DC".

You know some of these glam bands have some really heavy songs at times. W.A.S.P. had several, Crue had a few{such as "Wildside" still is really heavy and I'd love to hear a death metal rendition of it}.

Logg live metal!!!

In METAL:
Trifixion

Upvote 0

Trifixion

May 18, 2005
Earth
Visit site
✟7,892.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Z500 said:
death and black metal mostly, but lots of doom also, particularly drone, sludge, and a little stoner. drone is awesome, i just can't explain it. some of my favorite albums:

Sunn O))) - entire discography, except maybe Veils it White
Khanate - Khanate
Boris - Absolutego, Amplifier Worship, Akuma no Uta, Feedbacker
Disembowelment - Transcendence into the Peripheral
Morbid Angel - Abominations of Desolation, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh, Gateway to Annihilation
Graveland - Creed of Iron
Mayhem - Deathcrush, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Nargaroth - Herbstleyd
Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell, Incipit Satan
Sepultura - Morbid Visions, Schizophrenia
Samael - Worship Him
Eyehategod - In the Name of Suffering
Iron Monkey - Iron Monkey
Grief - Come to Grief
Burning Witch - Crippled Lucifer
Goatsnake - Flower of Disease
Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, Filosofem
Beherit - The Oath of Black Blood
Sigh - Scorn Defeat

{Before I say anyhing, I have a post above this one as a response to someone else}

Looks like you'd be one of those that would call yourself a "TRU" Black metal fan of cold norweigan old school, am I right?
Nice list. I like some of that, but personally I like "synth" more as far as "black metal" is concerned.
Nice to see "Morbid Angel" on your list:thumbsup:

Grrrrr, aaarrrgghh!!!

In Metal:
Trifixion

Upvote 0

Trifixion

May 18, 2005
Earth
Visit site
✟7,892.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
{first, before I say anything, I have a couple posts above this one in response to other posts}.

I'm surprised to not see more Christian thrash/death/black metal on the lists. I take it that most metalheads here are allmost all secular/non-christian? I saw a few christian glam/hard rockers, and -Believer and Extol, that's it.

Anyways loving some of these lists!:thumbsup:

Ggggrrr, aarrrgghh!!!

In Metal:
Trifixion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Z500

i can see into your house
Apr 12, 2003
here
✟15,996.00
Faith
Atheist
Trifixion said:
Looks like you'd be one of those that would call yourself a "TRU" Black metal fan of cold norweigan old school, am I right?
Nice list. I like some of that, but personally I like "synth" more as far as "black metal" is concerned.

close enough. too much synth just gets on my nerves. even Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk was too much for me

Upvote 0

AstroFan

Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
✟8,060.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I'm a metal fan.

I went to Gigantour(mainly for Dream Theater, Symphony X, and Megadeth) and met Megadeth after the show.

Also went to Ozzfest this year(for Black Sabbath since I got screwed out of Maiden:mad:) and met Tony Iommi:bow:, Geezer Butler:bow:, and Black Label Society.

I'm not really a fan of nu-metal or death metal though.

Upvote 0

intricatic

Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Trifixion said:
{first, before I say anything, I have a couple posts above this one in response to other posts}.

I'm surprised to not see more Christian thrash/death/black metal on the lists. I take it that most metalheads here are allmost all secular/non-christian? I saw a few christian glam/hard rockers, and -Believer and Extol, that's it.

Anyways loving some of these lists!:thumbsup:

Ggggrrr, aarrrgghh!!!

In Metal:
Trifixion
Quo Vadis and Biogenesis (Aside from having amazing - perhaps with Quo Vadis, musicians that rival even Dream Theater - musicians) are, indeed, Christian bands.

Upvote 0

Trifixion

May 18, 2005
Earth
Visit site
✟7,892.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
intricatic said:
Quo Vadis and Biogenesis (Aside from having amazing - perhaps with Quo Vadis, musicians that rival even Dream Theater - musicians) are, indeed, Christian bands.

Oh yeah, I've heard of[and heard} "Biogenesis", was;nt it founded by Micheal Carlisle{ex-"Mortification"}?

The other band, I've enever heard of, what kinda metal are they?

In Reason:
Trifixion

Upvote 0

intricatic

Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Trifixion said:
Oh yeah, I've heard of[and heard} "Biogenesis", was;nt it founded by Micheal Carlisle{ex-"Mortification"}?

The other band, I've enever heard of, what kinda metal are they?

In Reason:
Trifixion
Quo Vadis is architectural thrash metal, which is thrash metal that is actually really good. ;)

I think you're right about BioGenesis, I'm not sure. I met the lady who produced them and she gave me a free CD. ^_^

Upvote 0