✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings:

I have been given new insight constantly as I pray and study the Bible scriptures. There is only one main reason learned so much in my 80 years: I listened, prayed,I studied, and focused on God and His words given to His Christ, Jesus.
Thanks be to God!

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: God bless all of the new members who posted here, and God bless this precious thread, and God bless you leastone. I pray all is well. Thank you for starting this thread. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I feel a stronger desire toward Him today. I am now reading a second book for Lent too. It is called "CELEBRATION OF DISCIPLINE" by Richard J. Foster. I am just starting the chapter on (Christian) Meditation (as opposed to Eastern Meditation). THanks for the prayers.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I feel a stronger desire toward Him today. I am now reading a second book for Lent too. It is called "CELEBRATION OF DISCIPLINE" by Richard J. Foster. I am just starting the chapter on (Christian) Meditation (as opposed to Eastern Meditation). THanks for the prayers.

:heart: Thank you for sharing that, SpiritSong. I will check out the book on Amazon. I feel a stronger desire towards Him today too. This is the first post i've read today. It's right in sync with God speaking to my heart through of all things, a song i heard on the radio today. Praying for you and me, and ev'ry one who posts here. God bless you. (((hug)))

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
TO ALL:

Where does all these man made things about religion come from? That is like, getting someone save,lent, celebrating the Lord's birth date on Dec 25th. Santa Claus, toot ferry etc. On and on it goes. Perhaps many should read: The the book, Two Babylons.

"That which was is that which shall be, there is no new thing under the Sun!"

Andy Centek

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi I've not visited in a while. Hope everyone is well. I'm in the process of making a decision and I'm hoping God will give me specific guidance - lately he's been telling me to choose things myself and do them but I've asked him for a sign for this decision!! The last few days have been a real blessing to me, spiritually and I've been feeling very much in touch with the Holy Spirit. I think it's great when we have that little boost from Him to encourage us that he is helping us and guiding us along the way. Yesterday, he showed me where to find two things that I was looking for, and it was only a little thing, but it greatly encouraged me. How has God been encouraging you this week?

Upvote 0

SpiritSong

The LORD is my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Southeastern United States
✟148,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
He helps me find stuff too! That is so awesome.

He is watching over a loved one for me. I am encouraged by that. I am reading a book by Max Lucado and it is called Anxious For Nothing. I'm getting a lot out of it.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟337,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi I've not visited in a while. Hope everyone is well. I'm in the process of making a decision and I'm hoping God will give me specific guidance - lately he's been telling me to choose things myself and do them but I've asked him for a sign for this decision!! The last few days have been a real blessing to me, spiritually and I've been feeling very much in touch with the Holy Spirit. I think it's great when we have that little boost from Him to encourage us that he is helping us and guiding us along the way. Yesterday, he showed me where to find two things that I was looking for, and it was only a little thing, but it greatly encouraged me. How has God been encouraging you this week?
Hi Maharg, I remember you from way back when. Username was Evangelica or perhaps MaidinHisimage at the time (I like to stay incognito :wink: )
I know the feeling about God helping to find things.

Good to see you back! Have a blessed day!

• Friendly
Reactions: Maharg
Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the replies. Yes, I remember you too Cassia. I'm feeling a little out of sorts at the moment. Trying to tune back into him. I know he loves me. Just need to rise above all the stuff going on around and focus on him I think. I ended up making the decision without really being guided any particular way. But he reminded me that he is with me in everything. It's good to be back. I can't visit as often now but it still feels like home here :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Flashes of memories keep coming back to me like waves.
They remind me of how God moved in my life through many situations (countless times).
Praise the Lord God almighty!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I read through some of the posts here, it both saddens me and angers me that so many Christian brothers and sisters are left floundering in their spiritual lives, uncertain and in despair over what in happening to them in their Christian walk.
I know that feeling. I was there - angry and sad and discouraged. I had that anger few years ago, seeing, how it hurts others "baby-christians", because i know that pain.
And when i was worried , He told me once -

"I won't let die anyone, who REALLY LOVES TRUTH AND SEEK IT! "

He told me - "you were lost, alone. Where are you now? Who is your Guide? Who is your Friend? Who is always near, when you need a word, an idea, help or just to cry out?"

We have to be worried, share , what we may, pray for our sisters and brothers, but, when you are in fear or worried at most, just remember:
1 John 2:27

But the anointing that you received from him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2020
heelal
✟920.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Everyone:

Prov. 1:23 - "Turn to My reproof: behold, I will pour out My spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you."

Hebrews 12:6 - "For those whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and He scourges every son whom He receives."

Hebrews 12: 11 - "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."

Once we had two Labrador puppies and since we knew little about training dogs, we bought a book by a professional dog trainer. In it the author advised taking the pups when they were between 6 months and 1 year old to a park every day, tying a long rope to their choke collars and then walking from point to point without ever saying a word to them. At first, those pups would take off this way and that, chasing every little thing that caught their attention. We would brace ourselves (because they were big) but continue walking, never saying a word to them. Within a few days, the change in them was amazing; they would follow at our heels most of the time, only occasionally running after something. After two weeks they never took their eyes off of us. For the rest of their lives they were the most well behaved dogs you could imagine. We saw the truth of what the author wrote: wherever a dog is looking is where his attention is; so to train them, thereby making them worth having around you, you want them looking at you always.

Humans are just like dogs: wherever our focus is aimed, that is what has our attention. And the Lord wants us looking to Him always. If we are looking at others, He doesn't have our attention. If we are looking at our circumstances or problems, He doesn't have our attention. If we are looking at ourselves, He does not have our attention. And He will continue to allow adversity in our lives until He gets our full attention always.

Hebrews 12:1 - "...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith..."

Col. 3:1 - "Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God."

To grow in Christ, pray for His discipline in your life. For when He can trust you to be obedient to Him is when you become useful to Him in His work.

Luke 6:46 - "Why do you call Me, `Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?"

LeastOne
nice one!

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone:

Molly, thank you. The Lord greatly encourages me through you, far more than I can adequately express.

The Spirit has reminded me of some additions to this list:

9) Confess your sins; get cleansed in the Blood of Jesus. The enemy gains influence over us through sin in our lives. No matter how great or small the sin, we are left exposed when that sin goes unforgiven. It does not matter if you have to bring the same sin before the Father day after day, do it. Never run from the Lord when you sin, rather turn to Him. And if you do not think you have anything to confess, ask the Holy Spirit to bring to your remembrance any sin you have unknowingly done. Then confess what comes to mind. So much of the time we say and think and do things that we never realize are sin. But what a difference in our relationship with the Lord it makes when we are honest with Him.

10) Fall in love with Jesus. If you base your walk with the Lord on your feelings, it will fail. If you base it on your understanding of His Word, it will fail. If you base it on your faith, it will fail. But if you base your walk with the Lord on love, it will succeed. Love never fails. Love establishes a foundation for everything else: trust, confidence, peace, faith, courage, joy. More than anything else, receive His love in your deepest parts and make everything you do a response to that love.

LeastOne
Your first post is excellent. Great starting place and you’ve added in 9 the only thing missing, repent and be forgiven.

With 10, I would encourage you not to use the vague colloquial “fall in love” which emplies an event about which you no have not choice or control. It is also not a biblical concept. I think “determine in your heart to love God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength which is a choice and therefore more accurate. We cannot decide to fall in love. We can decide to love with what we have.

Second, we can only love Jesus through coming to know Him and this cannot happen outside of understanding the Bible. It is not independent. The love people have, by the way, can fail. Love can grow cold or be lost. So the determination to love Him is better than assuming our love can never fail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings:

I have been given new insight constantly as I pray and study the Bible scriptures. There is only one main reason learned so much in my 80 years: I listened, prayed,I studied, and focused on God and His words given to His Christ, Jesus.
Thanks be to God!

Andy Centek
I only have 65 years on me but I learned by actually obeying Him.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Leastone,

I'm new here and want to ask you a question,

You said God asked if the cup complained, "Wouldn't you just put it aside, and not use it?"

Then you said, "But this could be a beautiful cup for you to use, couldn't it? That is, if you could get it cleaned up!", He asked me. "But until it allows you to do what needs to be done to make it useful to you, all you can do is set it aside, right? You are surely not going to put it out on display, or drink from it, are you?"

My question is when you are in a very painful situation, how do you know what God wants?

If God answered your prayer by showing you why you were in a situation, does that mean there will be an answer? I'm asking this because I asked God what was going on and He opened my eyes to what was going on, but He did not provided a resolution.

Because He did not provide a resolution, just revelation, what could that mean? The situation is too painful and frightening for anyone to understand! I need an answer from God now because serious wrong is being done to me, that God has shown me I did not cause.

Please answer if you can.

Thank you,

• Prayers
Reactions: Silverthorne
Upvote 0

Silverthorne

Aug 17, 2021
PA
✟9,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To All:

My reasons for starting this thread are out of obedience to the Lord and because so many of us seem to be struggling to grow in Him. While I in no way know all there is to know of Him, and seek daily to learn from Him - both directly through His Word and His Spirit and from others who sit at His feet in Love - He continues to prompt me to take the risk and share what I have learned.

After He led me to share the following in another thread, He is now telling me to put this here. (In fact, in His gentle way, He will not leave me alone about it!) My constant prayer is to be pleasing to Him always, and be a blessing in some small way to others. And so it is with humility before Him that I offer this.

All I ask is that others will also post here what they have learned and are learning, that we may all grow in Him and come to the unity of faith, bonded together with Him in the Spirit of His great Love.

There was a time in my life when I did not think God liked me very much, when my whole life seemed to go from misery to misery. Yet, I believed; I knew the Bible very well; and I knew there was a love in me for Him. But I could never seem to get close to Him, and never really saw any specific answers to my prayers. I always felt as if I was following Jesus from way back in the crowd; as if I was climbing hills, only to catch a glimpse of Him going over another hill far in front of me. Finally, I just got fed up and told Him, "Lord. I don't care if You like me or not! I am still going to love You!" And right then, I made up my mind to know Him personally.

So what I would like to offer you are some practical steps that He led me to take (although at the time, I did not realize it was Him leading me) that He used to grow me and teach me and help me find Him. And what a difference this has made in my own prayer life.

1) Guard your tongue. Become aware of what you say out loud, for your words can rob you of any blessings He has for you. No matter how you feel, how depressed you get, etc., don't allow yourself to start speaking from those feelings. There are a multitude of scripture in the both the OT and NT which teach this.

2) Praise God. This truly helps in guarding the words of your mouth as well as overcoming negative feelings. You don't have to try to conjure up reasons for praising Him for the situation, just make up your mind to praise Him in the situation. He lead me (and I still do this at times when necessary) to say out loud: "I praise you Father that I am not moved by my feelings, but only by your Word. I praise you Father that I am not moved by what others say about me, but only by your Word." And so on. Truly, praise works!

3) Get His Word from your mind to your spirit. Two ways to help with this are (a) to never read the Bible without praying first, asking the Holy Spirit to guide you in it; to open your heart to receive what He is teaching you; to open your understanding to grasp it. Etc. And (b) go through the NT finding every passage where it talks about who we are in Christ and who He is in us. In other words, everything positive that applies to us being new creatures in Him. Make a tape recording of your own voice saying these passages, applying them to yourself. Our spirits pay attention to what we say, and since it is with our hearts that we believe - not our minds - by saying His Word aloud we can re-program our inner man according to that Word. Example: "I am the Righteousness of God in Christ." Then, play that tape! I would put on headphones at night and play it as I went to sleep, night after night for weeks.

4) Don't try to believe for more than you have faith to believe. Faith is like a muscle; it must be exercised in order to grow. Just as you would not begin lifting weights with the maximum amount - the goal you want to reach - until you built up to it, so don't try to believe too far beyond what you know you can believe for. Judging this is tricky, I agree. But you have to start somewhere and I believe the Lord will guide you. Many, many times I have wanted to believe, but had to admit I really did not have that big of faith. Don't set yourself up to fail; but don't set your sights too low either. Exercise your faith and it will grow, until you can believe for big miracles.

5) Make it your primary goal to know Christ Jesus. More than anything else, seek to know the Giver rather than the gift. Humble yourself - in your attitude especially - before Him and trust Him to guide you. Remember that love is not a feeling, rather love causes feelings. We know He loves us - just like we know anyone loves us - because He says He does. His love for us is not dependent upon our feelings about it, anymore than our parents love for us was dependent upon our feelings. Realizing this is extremely important in our being able to trust Him, for our trust - our faith - is very much dependent upon our knowing and believing in His love for us in Christ. And we know He loves us because His Word says He does, and God does not lie.

6) Remember we have an enemy and he is a liar! Daniel prayed and even though the Lord heard his prayer the first day, it took 21 days for the answer to come. Pray, believe (because of His Word) that in the Name of Jesus we can be sure that the Father hears and answers our prayers, and then persevere in thanking Him for answering our prayer. The enemy delights in robbing of us of our joy, faith, confidence, peace, etc., as well as the answers to our prayers. Stay the course!

7) Practice listening. Set some time (20-30 minutes) aside each day to sit quietly before the Lord. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. Get a notebook and write what you hear inside. Don't worry about getting big revelations - because you probably won't; and don't worry if you don't get anything - because you may not for awhile. Consider it as you would any conversation: both sides talk in a conversation, not just one. So you are allowing the Lord His opportunity to speak to you and not you just talking to Him. And write down what comes to you. And even when you do begin to hear from Him, don't expect some earth-shattering revelations. For a long time the Lord had me practice this, just to learn how to hear Him no matter what was going on around me. And I am still learning. But measure everything you hear against His Word! And seek to be obedient to what He tells you. It is when we are faithful on the little things that He will trust us with bigger things.

8) Seek His will first and always. The Lord will never get in line with us; we must always get in line with Him. In all your prayers - for others as well as for yourself, seek His will.

May the Lord bless others through this, and continue to bless us all in the coming posts from His
Edit: Can God take away blessings for a spoken word that curses? Can I repent and will the blessings return?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,
I think my blessings were taken away because of what I spoke. Can I ask for prayers on my behalf? I have repented of what I spoke and I need God more than anything right now. Thankyou.

I don't know what you spoke, but we can grieve the Holy Spirit when we speak mean, or argue with someone, and His Power leaves us. The Holy Spirit is very sensitive, and very loving. Blessings are not taken away, but we block them. So don't worry about it because we are all learning to grow in Christ. Remember we have been crucified with Christ, that fleshly part of us. And we are to walk in the new man, in the Spirit. However, we sometimes make a misstep. Our blessing are not taken away though. It's just another opportunity to repent and pray for healing in the area of weakness. If we had it already, then Christ would not have had to die. So, ask God to strengthen your inner man, allow you to be more loving with His love, not ours. Ask Him to allow you to walk in the Fruit of the Spirit. He will help you.

I pray that you let go of any guilt, knowing that the old man has been crucified, and clear your conscience because we walk in the light of Christ, and our sins have been cleansed in Christ Jesus blood.

Upvote 0