Growing in Christ

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree with the Op. I feel as if the Lord is leading me to do many of the things which are mentioned in it.

Control my tongue-

I must be quick to listen, slow to speak (James 1:19)

I must bless and not curse (Titus 3:2, Matthew 5:44)

I must not murmur (1 Corinthians 10:10, James 5:9 )

Praise

Lately i have been finding that Praise helps me to overcome bouts of depression and other nasty mental infirmities. Sometimes things just seem overwhelming, so i praise the Lord and it seems good to do so, things dont seem so grim afterward. I talk about my depression often but its not to complain as i use to do frequently but rather to share my struggle with others who also struggle.

Practice listening

I have been meditating on this concept lately. Im interested in it.

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
it's been about 4 years...i'm praying all is well with him....

Yes you're right. His page says that his last activity was 4/2014 but i dont see any activity since 2010. This thread is edifying.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 11:27
No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Lord Jesus, please reveal your Father to me.

Matthew11_27.jpg

Father, Hallowed be your name

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UnceasinglyPray

May 5, 2007
✟7,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I see you posted this way back in 2003, and I see you are still active. Those helpful hints, I guess you could call them will really be helpful to me daily in my Christian walk with Him. I'm glad that you put "confess" I believe that we all have to do that daily to walk upright with Him. I also found your other ones helpful too.
Thankyou

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
7 But grace was given to each of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore it is said,

“When he ascended on high he led a host of captives,
and he gave gifts to men.”

9 (In saying, “He ascended,” what does it mean but that he had also descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is he who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ; 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles.

15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every joint with which it is supplied, when each part is working properly, makes bodily growth and upbuilds itself in love.
(Ephesians 4:7-16)

In growing in Christ, one of the purposes of the gifts is the unity of the faith, and the means of this unity of the body is Love.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0