"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Christian friend is pregnant by her boyfriend.... The boyfriend is married :( I am not sure what to do as a friend. I am very turned off by the situation and it makes me want to stay away. But I don't want to fail to be supportive as a friend during the time of pregnancy and new motherhood. Help? Advice?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My Christian friend is pregnant by her boyfriend.... The boyfriend is married :( I am not sure what to do as a friend. I am very turned off by the situation and it makes me want to stay away. But I don't want to fail to be supportive as a friend during the time of pregnancy and new motherhood. Help? Advice?
There is really nothing to do unless she asks you to do it. She is pregnant with a married man’s child. She has a lot of things to work out on her own. Nobody else can do it for her.

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For myself, I think your assessment of the matter is good and loving, but at the same time correct not to be adopting some attitude that suggests "no problem with any of this" for the sake of the friendship.

Other people would shelve their values in order not to seem cruel to a friend.

However, how to walk the thin line that this leaves you with is difficult, that's for sure. And I don't know what the best course specifically would be unless it is you trying always to be openly helpful and supportive as concerns the baby but WITHOUT ever giving any support to talk about her having a future with him or 'love being all that matters,' or any of that--if it comes.

She will most likely get the message concerning where you stand on the whole thing, and hopefully appreciate both the genuineness of your friendship and also your religious values. I feel, from what you wrote, that something like this is already the way you are thinking would be best.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been praying for her and extending support as a friend and as a sister in Christ have at times spoken to her about repentance. It seems that there is some lying going on. I'm just trying to be as supportive as I can without giving support towards the relationship. It helps to have the input of others though, I mean, this is a hard situation to see. Thank you all for the input.

Upvote 0