Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
According to what I have read, the official position of the University of Texas in Austin agrees with using law enforcement to legally enforce the law against the unlawful protestors.

Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟69,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a Christ Follower's Web Site and yet the stench of Rotting Ignorance is detectable and indicates that the Human Condition is not changing. Hatred for Yahova's Chosen People is not a God Worshipping Endeavor to engage in. As Followers, in a personal relationship where Ruah, the Holy Spirit, guides us in every movement of our lifestyles, and since we ¿all? own a copy of the Holy Scriptures, there is one rhetorical question every person naming Christ as their own must answer for themselves; "Am I an Imaginary Christian or am I a Studying, Led by Ruah, Practicing Christian?"

Please do not answer this rhetorical question for any of us to see, this is a message crying fo self-examination.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟145,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
According to what I have read, the official position of the University of Texas in Austin agrees with using law enforcement to legally enforce the law against the unlawful protestors.
Legal protests have their place, but so too do “illegal protests”.
It’s like this:
If people are so upset over [ISSUE GOETH HERE] that they become willing to break the law (a little bit) by ‘protesting illegally’, then maybe we, as a society, should taek a look at this [ISSUE] again/more closely? Should those who ‘protest illegally’ be charged with crimes for those protests?”

Having free speech often looks like it’s a bad idea, but any alternative requires some “authority” to police-speech. Far right and Far left would agree that nobody wants to stifle speech by using Law to silence the People.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟371,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
There's nothing illegal about those gatherings.

And again don't be silly enough to think that abbot has any interest at all in actually helping jews. When the far right organizations in Texas blathering on he barely wags a finger or give them. "Tut tut".

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟371,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Ultimately what I think will happen is that 100% of everyone of these charges will be dropped. Right wingers like abbot like to use the policw for ideological enforcement. If arrests during rhe blm could be dropped b2csuse of so many false arrests it will definitely happen after an event where there were no crimes being perpetrated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What do the liberals feel about protests and rallies by white supremacists?
I think the people involved in them are... not good people, but I'd like left-wing protests to be treated with the same sort of respect and consideration as the right wing groups.

Amusingly, I think this disparity is the strongest case I've seen for the argument that being armed is a legitimate tool for curbing government abuse. The 2A Meal Team Six crowd thinks their kitted out AR's will enable them to fend off the regular military when the feds come to round them up - a scenario that's preposterous for many reasons. But what seems to be more likely is that the threat of being armed is enough to keep local riot cops from getting too aggressive. There's no downside to them attacking some blue haired hippies, but some strapped good old boys could put up a real fight.

That's assuming the cops didn't agree with the right-wing protesters, which... lol.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟967,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hatred for Yahova's Chosen People is not a God Worshipping Endeavor to engage in

I think it is a mistake to confuse protesting actions of the nation of Israel with "hatred for Yahova's Chosen People." No nation has unique status to be above criticism. Some of us think killing, raping, plundering, starving, bombing, and destroying the livelihood of other human beings is wrong no matter who is doing it. I think we should be careful about throwing around pejoratives.

Loving your neighbor is a Christian value.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is a mistake to confuse protesting actions of the nation of Israel with "hatred for Yahova's Chosen People." No nation has unique status to be above criticism. Some of us think killing, raping, plundering, starving, bombing, and destroying the livelihood of other human beings is wrong no matter who is doing it. I think we should be careful about throwing around pejoratives.

Loving your neighbor is a Christian value.
I believe that if WWII was waged according to the rules that liberals of today think that a war ought to be waged, then the USA and our allies would have lost WWII against the Axis nations. That being said. I completely and totally condemn raping and plundering. Here is something else to consider. If Hamas was not hiding in the Gazan cities, if Hamas would actually & truly care about the Palestinian civilians; then the IDF would not have had to do nearly as much urban fighting in order to utterly destroy Hamas.

• Agree
Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟967,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here is something else to consider. If Hamas was not hiding in the Gazan cities, if Hamas would actually & truly care about the Palestinian civilians; then the IDF would not have had to do nearly as much urban fighting
So, if Hamas doesn't care about Palestinian civilians and Israel doesn't care about Palestinian civilians, we are not supposed to care about them either?

Calling out atrocities of war is not antisemitism.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, if Hamas doesn't care about Palestinian civilians and Israel doesn't care about Palestinian civilians, we are not supposed to care about them either?

Calling out atrocities of war is not antisemitism.
I place the blame of the vast majority of Palestinian civilian deaths upon Hamas because Hamas started this war and Hamas is unwilling to fight the IDF in open combat in a manner that could protect the needless atrocities of civilian casualties.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe that if WWII was waged according to the rules that liberals of today think that a war ought to be waged, then the USA and our allies would have lost WWII against the Axis nations.

You're probably right. We wouldn't have won without getting in bed with Russia, and it's only conservatives who are eager to do that these days.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟69,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
getting in bed with Russia, and it's only conservatives who are eager to do that these days.

In my opinion, that is a very ridiculous hot take.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In my opinion, that is a very ridiculous hot take.
I'll concede I'm not the history buff that others are, so if there's an argument that we didn't need Stalin's help in defeating Hitler, I'd entertain it.

Upvote 0