Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I need ideas. I'm archaic but I want to keep in touch without going broke. I have expensive taste but I'm poor. The only thing I can think of is sending 4x6 note cards. What kind of illustrations on cards for boys age 9-10? I think like a girl, so don't need advice for girls.

Reactions: Joined2krist

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No ideas? What do you seniors do? Do you ignore grandchildren and great-grandchildren? I'm confused!
I talked to them on the phone and planned adventures together. My favorite was a dogsled trip we planned to meet up on lol. He had a great imagination. lol. You could maybe draw those places out on cards to send as you got closer to their place with perhaps a real visit at the end.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I talked to them on the phone and planned adventures together. My favorite was a dogsled trip we planned to meet up on lol. He had a great imagination. lol. You could maybe draw those places out on cards to send as you got closer to their place with perhaps a real visit at the end.

I don't drive or own a car and the young ones don't have phones, but I truly appreciate your response! So because I can't visit them, I was planning to send some mail. The youngest isn't even two, so she'll get mail after she starts talking. Right now I have three cards going out.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't drive or own a car and the young ones don't have phones, but I truly appreciate your response! So because I can't visit them, I was planning to send some mail. The youngest isn't even two, so she'll get mail after she starts talking. Right now I have three cards going out.
That sounds great and I'm sure they'll love getting their own mail from Gramma
BTW, I've been to Toronto and Niagara Falls with my late husband. :)
I live on the other coast near Vancouver while my grandchild lived up north. He was around 9-10 when we used to play that. Otherwise I would get "what have you been up to" "nothing" conversations lol. But it is difficult to keep in touch, I applaud you for making the effort in any way you can, while you can.

• Haha
Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Talk to their mother, she will have a mobile or landline or a computer.
Arrange when you can do cheap zoon, or wats app video calls to her and to the kids.

Check out your christian bookshop for suitable activity books for them.

From their mother you can find out what they have done and be able to ash questions about, school, scouts, sunday school etc etc etc

If he is allowed to play internet games, there are games that can be set up so the two of you play together, even if on different sides of the country.
If different time zones are involved, you will lose sleep, but his mum might apriciate that he can play online with/against a safe person.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Talk to their mother, she will have a mobile or landline or a computer.
Arrange when you can do cheap zoon, or wats app video calls to her and to the kids.

Check out your christian bookshop for suitable activity books for them.
(There aren't any local ones --- most in USA are only online, I think.) The parents live in another town and don't keep in touch. My great-grandson likes video games but those are out of my price range so I'm giving him cash for Christmas.

From their mother you can find out what they have done and be able to ash questions about, school, scouts, sunday school etc etc etc

If he is allowed to play internet games, there are games that can be set up so the two of you play together, even if on different sides of the country.
If different time zones are involved, you will lose sleep, but his mum might apriciate that he can play online with/against a safe person.

I'm hopeless on computers and don't do video games, but I imagine another grandmother is gleaning information from this thread so thank you!

I'll go browse at an online Christian bookstore. Thank you for that. :)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'm hopeless on computers and don't do video games

Your doing fine on this forum and untill you try you don't know whether you can play them or even enjoy them.

Try a whats app video call with your grandson.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums