Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because conferences are where people go to discuss and debate ideas?

Yes, they discuss ideas that will possibly be put into practice. Heather Hackman obviously wants her educational approach to be put into practice. The question is, will she succeed? Are the 2500 attendees at the White Privilege Conference open to her approach? Will school systems be adopting her approach? We should probably stay tuned, since her views are a bit troubling.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they discuss ideas that will possibly be put into practice. Heather Hackman obviously wants her educational approach to be put into practice. The question is, will she succeed? Are the 2500 attendees at the White Privilege Conference open to her approach? Will school systems be adopting her approach? We should probably stay tuned, since her views are a bit troubling.
Yes. You keep manning the barricades against the oncoming hordes of Hackmanist educators.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. You keep manning the barricades against the oncoming hordes of Hackmanist educators.

We'll have to wait and see. She was after all invited to the White Privilege Conference; so there obviously are people open to her ideas, and sympathetic to her social-justice views.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We'll have to wait and see. She was after all invited to the White Privilege Conference; so there obviously are people open to her ideas, and sympathetic to her social-justice views.
*eyeroll* yep. You keep believing that.

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why the two generations before me complain about the state of the country and its education. .

Because that's what out of touch old folk do. When they lose their personal power and become irrelevant, they start whining. Instead of looking at themselves, they moan about 'society' ... as though it has nothing to do with their own failings.

FTR I'm of the generation or two before the current sub-25s, and I think they're awesome. Also, they're better educated than we were in my day.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think our conference is certainly becoming mainstream. It was the most well attended satellite conference last year, so we're hoping for a repeat this year.

Would you say that Heather Hackman's approach to education is or will become mainstream?

Upvote 0

Cloture

Jul 20, 2015
a city by the sea
✟8,092.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
All someone needs to do is spend half an hour on YouTube and they will see just how many Heather Hackmans there are in academia. Universities like Occidental are hardly wingnut little places. BLM is hardly a handful of soccer moms holding a bake sale. If you haven't caught onto the YT hate in our society, you are not paying attention.

Once you get a glimpse of how many of your neighbors indulge in YT hate among themselves, it frightens you.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All someone needs to do is spend half an hour on YouTube and they will see just how many Heather Hackmans there are in academia. Universities like Occidental are hardly wingnut little places. BLM is hardly a handful of soccer moms holding a bake sale. If you haven't caught onto the YT hate in our society, you are not paying attention.

Once you get a glimpse of how many of your neighbors indulge in YT hate among themselves, it frightens you.

YT are the new Kulaks. They even hold conferences to figure out how to deal with them.

Reactions: Cloture
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cloture

Jul 20, 2015
a city by the sea
✟8,092.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because that's what out of touch old folk do. When they lose their personal power and become irrelevant, they start whining. Instead of looking at themselves, they moan about 'society' ... as though it has nothing to do with their own failings.

FTR I'm of the generation or two before the current sub-25s, and I think they're awesome. Also, they're better educated than we were in my day.
Crying when they are told to make a phone call in the office in better educated? No thanks. I've pulled my time drying the tears of delicate millennials who didn't know how to meet a deadline. It's all fun and games until a million dollar operation is about to go down because young people thought their tasks were negotiable. When you are left at the office catching up late at night so your department doesn't all get fired, those high ACT scores don't help you get the work done.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Daily Caller News Foundation attended the 17thAnnual White Privilege Conference in Philadelphia, held April 15-17. The following is part of a series of articles concerning events at the conference.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/18/7...the-white-privilege-conference/#ixzz47Aq1elnA

2. Walking while white.

A major part of WPC are the daily caucuses, where attendees segregate themselves by race and talk through their feelings on white privilege.They were assembled collectively beforehand and assigned to a specific smaller room because of the large number of white people in attendance.

Before dispersing, attendees received a warning to be careful while walking to their rooms. Why? With so many white people going in so many different ways all at once, organizers warned they could start physically exerting their white privilege by walking too aggressively and not paying heed to their surroundings. If attendees weren’t careful, they said, they risked getting in the way of non-white attendees who would have no choice but to shy away and debase themselves before these barreling vectors of overwhelming privilege.

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Crying when they are told to make a phone call in the office in better educated? No thanks. I've pulled my time drying the tears of delicate millennials who didn't know how to meet a deadline. It's all fun and games until a million dollar operation is about to go down because young people thought their tasks were negotiable. When you are left at the office catching up late at night so your department doesn't all get fired, those high ACT scores don't help you get the work done.

That's not been my experience at all. The worst younger employers currently known to me are those raised by apathetic rednecks.

Upvote 0

Cloture

Jul 20, 2015
a city by the sea
✟8,092.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's not been my experience at all. The worst younger employers currently known to me are those raised by apathetic rednecks.
An apathetic redneck and an apathetic soccer mom are one in the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
As opposed to those raised by non-apathetic rednecks?

Apologies, clarification. Worst employees are the children of rednecks. We have a different name for them here, and they aren't the same as American rednecks. Ours live in the suburbs, and flock to shopping malls on weekends. They don't own guns, or drive pickups. They drive shiny SUVs and have neatly mowed lawns.

Upvote 0