Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hello all :) I have joined up with this site in order to hear some views on a topic i have. For you people who use Myspace, you will know of the Bulletin page. I read one sent by a friend eariler, and it has got me thinking. Please read on:

If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone astray from the Lord. Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in.
The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil, darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling, prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child:

-Frequently wears black clothing.

I do.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.

I do.

-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.

I used to.

-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.

W.T.F?? They are *NOT* satan worshipping symbols. Clearly this guy has done no research into what they are about, especially the pentagram and upside down pentagram.

-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.

I don't have any, but I know a number of Christians who have them.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)

I listen to Marilyn Manson, The Sisters Of Mercy, The Cure, Cramps - so what?

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.

I do.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.

Since when has the Bible or sports been 100% wholesome? I could show this guy a lot of Bible verses that'd make him squirm with shock and embarassment.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.

The occult and witchcraft has nothing to do with Satan, if this guy does his research. Witches and Occultists believe in the God and Goddess and reject Satan as a man-made entity by jealous, power-hungry patriarchs (like himself).

-Takes drugs.
-Drinks alcohol.

Uh? I drink alcohol, and so did Jesus.

-Is suicidal and/or depressed.

You don't have to be a goth to be suicidal or depressed.

-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)

Most goths I know do *not* do this.

-Complains of boredom.

Huh?

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.

What has this to do with goth culture?

-Is excessively awake during the night.

What about if you work on night shift and are not a goth?

-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)

That's crazy. Some people like albinos need to stay out of the sun.

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

I don't get this either.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.

I don't get this either.

-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through meditation.)

Rubbish!

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.

Again, rubbish! There has to come a time when parents need to let go of the reins to let their children explore the world for themselves. Most teens don't want parents to interfere with their lives. Nothing to do with goth culture.

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.

Rubbish.

-Misbehaves at school.
-Misbehaves at home.

Again, rubbish. You don't have to be a goth to do these things.

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

Huh?? Jesus said "it is not what goes into a person that defiles him, but what comes out of a person that does". This guy is distorting Jesus' teachings for his own ends.

-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)

Most goths do NOT do this, especially with the likes of AIDS and HIV. But Jesus himself said of us to eat his body and drink his blood!

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)

Rubbish.

-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature.

You don't have to be a goth to do this either.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.

Rubbish.

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.

Again, rubbish.

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.

Rubbish.

-Expresses an interest in sex.

This guy should be stuck in a loony bin!

-Masturbates

Masturbation is a gift from God.

-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.

Oh boy, is this guy crazy or what?

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.

Yeah, insulting other faiths is Christlike! And this guy has rocks in his head if he thinks that Christianity is 100% pure and innocent!

-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".

Bahaahahahaahahaha!

-Claims to be a goth.

Someone should get this guy and stick him into a mental institute. *HE* is the one who really needs counselling for his naive approach to life.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I see alot of teenage "goths" but not to many middle aged "goths". That right there tells me all I need to know about it.

Maybe it's because I've been to a few Sisters of Mercy concerts, but I've seen a fair few middle aged goths.

Makes sense - given that the goth subculture emerged in the late 70s/early 80s, many people who entered it as teenagers then will be in their 40s/50s by now.

David.

Upvote 0