Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I used to listen to a lot of Gospel artists, but over the past couple of years a number of disturbing stories about some of these artists have started to emerge. I won't mention any names, but it seems as though some of the more well known artists are living lives that contradict their music..

If you found out that an artist/musician you listen to was homosexual/bi or sleeping around, would that deter you from listening to their music?

Agent Goff

Trombonist
Apr 24, 2010
✟7,664.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Big(ish) Pet Shop Boys fan so I'd say no on the homosexuality thing although I'm not sure an opinion of anyone should change because of something like that. But if you heard disturbing stories about drug abuse from a sports personality you might lose respect but somehow not as much for musicians... Interesting question

Upvote 0

Lenity

Oct 14, 2011
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 7:15 ""Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

The music industry is run by Satan, if you are not aware of this, or perhaps just never noticed, go on over to Vigilant Citizen or Popculturepastor to learn about it. Many "Christian" radio stations are not actually Christians at all, and likewise many "Christian" musicians are not Christian at all, but rather simply use it as a way to make profit. We are living in the age of the snake, and we must be extremely vigil as to what lies Satan has lurking about dressed in a false light. Remember, Satan himself appears as an angel of light, and so what may seem good could be trying to hold your mind and soul captive.

Upvote 0

Miss Elly

Miss Elly
Aug 24, 2009
Irving, Texas 75060
✟15,674.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to listen to a lot of Gospel artists, but over the past couple of years a number of disturbing stories about some of these artists have started to emerge. I won't mention any names, but it seems as though some of the more well known artists are living lives that contradict their music..

If you found out that an artist/musician you listen to was homosexual/bi or sleeping around, would that deter you from listening to their music?

If they are homosexuals, then they are sinners. The words of their music can be true words of God however. the bible is still truth, no matter if a homosexual reads it or a fervent christian. However, that said, I would not support buying any music to make the lifestyle of a reprobated homosexual any more comfortable.

Upvote 0

JazzAnarchy

Sep 22, 2011
East Coast
✟7,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know who Lenity is, but methinks he/she's a bit crazy...

Anyway, I got bad news for you. If you're looking to put up Christian music artists on a pedestal, and assume that none of them struggle with sin, you're in for alot of disappointments. Same goes for preachers, pastors, deacons, etc. There haven't been many perfect people in the history of the world (e. g., One.), so if you're waiting for one to show up, well, there's may be a bit of waiting to go. Keep in mind that Paul never explained what that thorn in his side was in II Cor, but he said it kept him humble. His Grace is enough, so let that be that. If the music resonates with your spirit, then accept it for the blessing that it is.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2011
Canada
✟17,342.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This is why I prefer hymns.. simple, sweet, and sublime. All these newfangled Christian music sounds great, but it can also lead to materialism and a sense of Christianity being only pop images.

So homosexuals never sing hymns?

Upvote 0

Optimus Fortis

N°6
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2011
UK
✟35,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

We have forgotten why pop music originally came into being with the 2 minute single. It was to elicit purchases through shallow emotion until the next single was released. It is designed to elicit consumption.

This type of music has always attracted the libertine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums