GOP seeks revenge on Major League Baseball.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remind me again of the difference between a gay theme and a black theme?
I don't recall any law suits because a business would not produce something with a "Black theme." But I have heard of businesses e.g. photographers, bakers being sued because they would produce a cake, photos etc with a LGBTQ themes.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
First you explain why Georgia deserves to be punished by MLB.

I'm afraid you've mistaken me for Rob Manfred. I'm flattered.

Still waiting for the part of GAs new law that is racist.

If you can explain what difference it makes. MLB made a business decision. Even if it was based on bad information, why should the government punish them for making it?

When the government punishes you for bad business decisions, will you thank them for it?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm afraid you've mistaken me for Rob Manfred. I'm flattered.
Who?
If you can explain what difference it makes. MLB made a business decision. Even if it was based on bad information, why should the government punish them for making it?

The government made a political decision withdrawing a tax benefit that the govt had no obligation to extend in the first place
When the government punishes you for bad business decisions, will you thank them for it?
I am not getting anything I am not entitled to by law. Don't see how they could legally.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall any law suits because a business would not produce something with a "Black theme." But I have heard of businesses e.g. photographers, bakers being sued because they would produce a cake, photos etc with a LGBTQ themes.

It's okay, I don't recall a business being sued for not making something with a "gay theme," though I'm sure there could be some out there. The "famous" case in Denver was a refusal to make a cake that would be used at a gay wedding -- there was never any discussion of what it might look at; and typically, there is little difference between a "gay wedding" cake and any other wedding cake -- they tend to look very similar.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's okay, I don't recall a business being sued for not making something with a "gay theme," though I'm sure there could be some out there. The "famous" case in Denver was a refusal to make a cake that would be used at a gay wedding -- there was never any discussion of what it might look at; and typically, there is little difference between a "gay wedding" cake and any other wedding cake -- they tend to look very similar.
There were such cases. A wedding cake is a wedding cake but if I were a baker I would not bake and decorate a wedding cake with two male or two female figures.
8 religion-related cases to watch when the Supreme Court is back in session

Court cases continue for 4 Christian business owners - Baptist Press

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't let the GOP hear you say that; they can cancel MLB; think what they'll do to you if you don't shut up and obey.
They will hear me say it. I owe no allegiance to any political party.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The person responsible for moving the All-Star game in the first place.

Even if you didn't know this, was it really too much effort to Google?

The government made a political decision withdrawing a tax benefit that the govt had no obligation to extend in the first place

First of all, the government hasn't done nothing yet -- three Republican Senators are sponsoring a bill.

Second, one of the Senators has explicitly stated that the purpose of this bill is pure payback.

"What prompted this legislation being introduced was Major League Baseball’s decision to pull the All-Star Game out of Atlanta” -- Sen. Ted Cruz. (R-TX)

I am not getting anything I am not entitled to by law. Don't see how they could legally.

By taking away what few entitlements you do have.... which they may do if you ever speak against them...or perhaps not grovel before them enough if they're feeling especially petty.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well...when you step into the political ring expect to get a political response.

Seems a strong incentive not to step into the political ring... ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The person responsible for moving the All-Star game in the first place.
Even if you didn't know this, was it really too much effort to Google?
Oh, please excuse me I was not aware that the reader was required to goggle every person, entity mentioned in a post to figure out who. what is being talked about. I have been doing it wrong these 2+ decades I have been active on this forum,
First of all, the government hasn't done nothing yet -- three Republican Senators are sponsoring a bill.
Second, one of the Senators has explicitly stated that the purpose of this bill is pure payback.
"What prompted this legislation being introduced was Major League Baseball’s decision to pull the All-Star Game out of Atlanta” -- Sen. Ted Cruz. (R-TX)

And MLB's action was not retaliatory which hurt 100s of people, whose livelihood was ripped away, more than it hurt the GOP?
By taking away what few entitlements you do have.... which they may do if you ever speak against them...or perhaps not grovel before them enough if they're feeling especially petty.
They could not do it legally.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And I'm pointing out that disagreeing with the GOP can be hazardous to your livelihood.
And I'm saying I don't care. I'll disagree with anyone even if it would have consequences.

• Friendly
Reactions: TLK Valentine
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, please excuse me I was not aware that the reader was required to goggle every person, entity mentioned in a post to figure out who. what is being talked about. I have been doing it wrong these 2+ decades I have been active on this forum,

Here's hoping you get it right from this point on.

And MLB's action was not retaliatory which hurt 100s of people, whose livelihood was ripped away, more than it hurt the GOP?

Nobody should ever disagree with the government -- got it.

Meanwhile,it should be noted that MLB isn't the only company to pull out of Georgia over this -- think the GOP has any plans to punish the others?

They could not do it legally.

They literally write the laws. Of course they could do it legally.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And I'm saying I don't care. I'll disagree with anyone even if it would have consequences.

Good to hear -- May more Americans share those principles.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
and typically, there is little difference between a "gay wedding" cake and any other wedding cake -- they tend to look very similar.

Typically, religious disdain for LGBTs looks very similar to secular disdain for LGBTs... yet the law treats them differently.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems a strong incentive not to step into the political ring... ever.
And companies shouldn't if they wish to avoid a political backlash. But if they choose to do so, political retaliation should be part of their cost/benefit analysis and risk calculations.

Upvote 0