GOP pushing for expanded child tax credit to increase refunds, include unborn children

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for the lesson in Latin semantics.

It's not semantics, it's basic grammar. Short of an actual grammatical context "capita" is not Latin, and has no meaning in Latin.

Did you review Article 1 Section 9, and the video that I presented?

No. You aren't a constitutional lawyer so it's just your uninformed opinion. The income tax has been accepted as constitutional for a long, long time, and I don't think that's going to be changing any time soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No. You aren't a constitutional lawyer so it's just your opinion. The income tax has been accepted as constitutional for a long, long time, and I don't think that's going to be changing any time soon.
Constitutional lawyers were cited in the video.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You might want to review the conversation. I've already given you all of the information that you need.

We're talking about the child tax credit applied to the income tax right? That's not a "capita" tax.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
We're talking about the child tax credit applied to the income tax right? That's not a "capita" tax.
Article 1 Section 9:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

As a capitation tax is prohibited by the Constitution, unless it is evenly distributed among the people; I'm all for tax credits which lighten this unjust burden; as the unborn child deserves a share of what is not being evenly distributed.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Article 1 Section 9:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

As a capitation tax is prohibited by the Constitution, unless it is evenly distributed among the people; I'm all for tax credits which lighten this unjust burden; as the unborn child deserves a share of what is not being evenly distributed.

Is the child tax credit a "capitation" on your planet?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The income tax is not a prohibited "capitation".
I didn't say that it was. You're confused. I'm not going to spoon feed you, the information that you need to understand the truth of the matter, bite by bite. If you want to ignore the documentary that I already posted on this subject; then you are free to remain ignorant of the facts.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I didn't say that it was. You're confused. I'm not going to spoon feed you, the information that you need to understand the truth of the matter, bite by bite. If you want to ignore the documentary that I already posted on this subject; then you are free to remain ignorant of the facts.

You have got to be kidding me. No one is going to watch a 2 hour video to get an answer to a simple question.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You have got to be kidding me. No one is going to watch a 2 hour video to get an answer to a simple question.
I posted it for those who are interested in the facts. Again you are free to ignore it; if that make you feel happy.

There are numerous large cash rewards out there for anyone who can produce the law. That hasn't happened in over a decade since the $50,000 reward was offered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I posted it for those who are interested in the facts. Again you are free to ignore it; if that make you feel happy.

If it's so important, why can you not be bothered to write a 100 word summary?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If it's so important, why can you not be bothered to write a 100 word summary?
This all started with a side note to the topic of this thread. I gave you a good place to start with your research, If you are not interested in looking into it; I really don't care.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. This would help monitor the pregnancies, so any untimely end to the pregnancy could be identified and investigated...
This doesn't sound like a good thing and a waist of money.

• Agree
Reactions: Yttrium
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Registering? A doctor's diagnosis is verification enough.
Obviously youd have to register the pregnancy to be given a tax credit based being pregnant.

So a doctor would fill out some kind of preganacy affirmation that gets sent to the IRS with your taxes? Or is there some other agency that keeps track of who's pregnant?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Obviously youd have to register the pregnancy to be given a tax credit based being pregnant.
Must one register their children to receive a tax credit?

So a doctor would fill out some kind of preganacy affirmation that gets sent to the IRS with your taxes?
Does someone fill out an affirmation for every transaction, that is reflected on a tax return, that gets sent off to the IRS; or does simply keeping records of those transactions suffice?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Must one register their children to receive a tax credit?
Any dependents you claim must have a SS number which goes on the tax form. I dont know if its the same for claiming a child tax credit, but I bet it is given how dependents must be registered.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Any dependents you claim must have a SS number which goes on the tax form. I dont know if its the same for claiming a child tax credit, but I bet it is given how dependents must be registered.
I didn't have a S.S. number as I was growing up. This must be something new. One would assume that making a statement under penalty of perjury would be evidence enough; but I guess that we are presumed guilty until proven innocent. Papers Please!

How about claiming mileage adjustments? Do we have to register each time a vehicle is used in a business trip? Who fills out the forms? Is the customer liable to verify the mileage when a vendor shows up at his location? I mean surely we can't trust the vendors not to commit perjury.

Upvote 0