Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Off-duty officer who was running for the Rhode Island state Senate was arrested for allegedly punching political rival at abortion rights rally - CNN

Rhode Island Democratic state Senate candidate Jennifer Rourke was punched in the face by her GOP opponent -- a police officer who was off-duty -- during an abortion rights rally at the State House in Providence Friday night, Rourke told CNN in a statement.

Rourke said she was deescalating a situation with a counterprotester "when my Republican opponent Jeann Lugo punched me multiple times in the face."
The incident was caught on video, which appears to show Rourke stepping into an altercation at the protest and almost immediately after, getting punched in the face.​

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,533.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Off-duty officer who was running for the Rhode Island state Senate was arrested for allegedly punching political rival at abortion rights rally - CNN

Rhode Island Democratic state Senate candidate Jennifer Rourke was punched in the face by her GOP opponent -- a police officer who was off-duty -- during an abortion rights rally at the State House in Providence Friday night, Rourke told CNN in a statement.

Rourke said she was deescalating a situation with a counterprotester "when my Republican opponent Jeann Lugo punched me multiple times in the face."
The incident was caught on video, which appears to show Rourke stepping into an altercation at the protest and almost immediately after, getting punched in the face.​
As many of my good Christian conservative relatives would say…

So what?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I had read about that. Good news is that he is no longer running for office.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,810.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As a public servant, the officer swore to serve and protect. And one does not punch one's political opponent.He could lose his job for that, and he probably will. I hope he did not have a wife and children at home.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
As a public servant, the officer swore to serve and protect. And one does not punch one's political opponent.He could lose his job for that, and he probably will. I hope he did not have a wife and children at home.

She shouldn't have married the lowlife in the first place.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had read about that. Good news is that he is no longer running for office.
He "allegedly" punched rival. Someone once told me that preumption of innocence was a right-wing rule. So we have to presume he is innocent.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He "allegedly" punched rival. Someone once told me that preumption of innocence was a right-wing rule. So we have to presume he is innocent.
Who is we?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The "right-wingers" of course.
Then why address it to me? My post didn't allude to guilt or innocence, only that he was no longer running for office.

Your gotchas are lame.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why address it to me? My post didn't allude to guilt or innocence, only that he was no longer running for office.

Your gotchas are lame.
So why is him leaving office "good news?"

Upvote 0