broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Google stock's up over 12% in after hours trading.
If it's regarding G+, it smells WAYYYYYYY speculative for me. Far too soon to tell what it is going to do with facebook and with ad revenue.

It may be in regard to their Chromebook, a soon-to-be-released ipad wannabe that apparently is testing well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I really love the privately shared posts on G+, much better than wall posts (that everyone with access to your wall can see) and PMs (since you can see the private post right in your stream, very nice/convenient). Still not loving the creepy, "I'm gathering all of your info"-ness of it all, though.

Upvote 0

MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really love the privately shared posts on G+, much better than wall posts (that everyone with access to your wall can see) and PMs (since you can see the private post right in your stream, very nice/convenient). Still not loving the creepy, "I'm gathering all of your info"-ness of it all, though.

They have all of your info by now anyway.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
They have all of your info by now anyway.

Maybe. I'm still creeped out by it all. It's bad enough that if you google (or other search engine) me with my first and last name, I will be the only person to come up. I kinda wish I had a more common last name and maybe a more common first name, too. Not that I even use my last name on G+. Never mind me. I'm just a touch paranoid. :sorry:

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe. I'm still creeped out by it all. It's bad enough that if you google (or other search engine) me with my first and last name, I will be the only person to come up. I kinda wish I had a more common last name and maybe a more common first name, too. Not that I even use my last name on G+. Never mind me. I'm just a touch paranoid. :sorry:

I'm lucky there are about 3 people with my name who are way more famous and prominent than I am so searching for me winds up with other folks. :D

Upvote 0

MehTeh

Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
✟15,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

‪Flagpole Sitta‬‏ - YouTube

Reactions: AuburnMeg
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Facebook is the same way, so idk.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Facebook is the same way, so idk.

FB doesn't have access to info on me through email, a search engine, and a browser, in addition to the social networking site. Though since I've already given them so much info through those other things, I suppose at this point it's too late to be paranoid...kinda like Paldasan was saying.

Upvote 0