• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Goodbye

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by ☦Marius☦, Nov 19, 2019.

1. ☦Marius☦

☦Marius☦ Murican Supporter

+1,992
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Hello TAW,
    This is more a formality than anything else but I regret to inform you all that I will no longer be active on this forum as I have pretty much left the church. As some of you long timers know I have had many difficulties along the road to Christianity, but now I feel I no longer relate to it at all. After much time studying Archeology and ancient faiths as well as mythologies, I have come to the conclusion that the Bible, and the Christian faith are no more than retelling of old pagan myths under a different name. While I believe in the supernatural, specifically the beings we call angels and demons, I no longer subscribe to the Biblical viewpoint of them as I am much more interested in studying the sumerian/babylonian/Mayan and Egyptian views on them. I believe many things in the Bible, and I respect Christ as a wise and miracle working teacher. But beyond that I am not sure other than that I don't believe in the exact biblical narrative and am frustrated by the current state of the church. I go on to study other things with no ill will towards any of you. May you all be happy and blessed in the path you have chosen, I just can no longer by counted amongst your brethren. Best of luck to you all and thank you for many interesting discussions.

-Adam

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    • Prayers Prayers x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+1,259
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Go in peace, brother, but be disappointed with men, not with God.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. jasonMalloy1999

jasonMalloy1999 Active Member Supporter

+113
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    bro listen to me jesus is the messiah he just gave me a sign i was needing therapy and i dont know how to search for it and jesus showed me the page on my screen to a therapy site for christians hes with you pray and ask him he will show himself to you il pray for you brother

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. MournfulWatcher

MournfulWatcher In the beginning was the Word.

+419
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    There are many Christians in those fields of study that are familiar with those mythologies but have come to different conclusions than you have. Don't stop your search. If I can recommend you a resource, check out Inspiring Philosophy on YouTube. Praying for you.

5. jasonMalloy1999

+113
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    hey man i play xbox could i use the bio you got in your page to use in my xbox bio

6. Phronema

Phronema Well-Known Member Supporter

+634
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    It's a shame to see you go. My prayers for you Marius that God illumines your path.

7. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+1,259
    Non-Denom
    Married
    If you are referring to the "That's philosophy...That's religion" thing, you are welcome to use it. The first part came to me out of the blue one day when I was somewhere with my ex, and she asked me, "What is philosophy, anyway?"

8. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+5,873
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I am not saying any of what follows to cause trouble.

However, this objection has always struck me as peculiar. For one, it seems to assume that God's revelation should be utterly unlike anything else around. For two, with that assumption in mind, the aspects of Christianity which legitimately are utterly unlike anything else around tend to get ignored. And three, it risks misinterpreting our incomplete understanding of our own incomplete history.

Either way, I hope you find what you need and know that your posts and insights will be missed. Take care, friend.

9. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Nicholas Planas Supporter

+7,900
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Don’t ever hesitate to drop back by for any reason.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. nicholas123

nicholas123 New Member

+22
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    If you ever rekindle your desire for Christ, study more profoundly what the God-man and theosis are. Since it is what distinguishes Christianity from anything else. St. Maximus the Confessor might help you.
    Have a safe journey.

11. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,704
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    When was your Holy Chrismation and Holy Baptism ?

Was it OCA, GORCH etc ?

How long were you an Orthodox Christian for ?

12. jasonMalloy1999

+113
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single

13. Chris V++

Chris V++ In Orbit Supporter

+807
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

14. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,158
    Christian
    Single
    I'm taking it you believe, aside from his wisdom, Christ truly works miracles, so just curious, do you know that about anyone else on earth?

15. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,704
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
  16. buzuxi02

buzuxi02 Veteran

+1,865
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Personally, atleast the above aspect wouldnt deter me. I believe that in order to establish what occured in the incarnation there need to have been some precedents and not simply beliefs sprung up from a singular source out of a void. Thus establishing a wider common narrative would be essential. These concepts and ideas may have roots in older myths but essentially showing they are divinely inspired and have a universal understanding.

17. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+12,397
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Lord have mercy! it saddens me to read this! I hope you come back!

18. David Neos

David Neos Catechumen

+4,122
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    This is so sad.

19. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,862
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced, and that you can no longer relate to it. I pray that absolute, objective truth will be made clear to you. I also do hope you would see Christianity from another perspective. My faith is challenged on a daily basis, and there are many reasons why I chose to remain faithful. For one, there's nothing else like it to me.

All other belief systems / religions involve some level of self-rigtheousness or works to earn our way to God; it's all about the individual. But, the Bible states that Christ did all the work necessary, and we are just supposed to receive it by faith; it's all about God Himself.

The numerous prophecies currently being fulfilled or that have already been fulfilled is encouraging and powerful to witness, as are the testimonies of those who have experienced a radical change in their lives after accepting Christ. Some have even dropped addictions instantly, or have seem a complete change of heart. There's a lot of deception out there yes, but a lot of genuine, powerful testimonies as well.

The numerous patterns and parallels throughout scripture are also very telling of God and His intelligence / omnipotence. Such as how the story of Abraham and Isaac foreshadowed God having to sacrifice His own son, or how the pattern of one-third as judgment or sacrifice keeps popping up throughout the Old and New Testament, reflecting how one-third of the Trinity was offered up for judgment / sacrifice in our stead.

We respect your decision and wish you the best, but I would challenge you not to give up so easily.

20. Antoni

Antoni Member

+117
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    How sad to hear. May you find Christ, Whom you obviously know little about. Yes, you may know the Gospel accounts and the historical writings, but that is simply the beginning of knowing Christ.

You have chosen the writings of men and your limited mind to dictate truth. May you repent, humble yourself, and return to your God and allow Him to write into your heart truths which cannot be confirmed from the three pound brain, but by the heart which is the seat of the eternal soul.

For others who have read the OP goodbye post, including those strong in faith and those wavering: be prepared, for many will fall away before the Lord returns for Judgment, as Christ foretold, and only those who persevere until the end will be saved. Those who deny Christ will be denied by Him.

The OP needs prayers from all of us. May the Lord have mercy on us all.