Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've listened to Christian radio since the early 90s in different places I've lived & about 5 years ago I kept tuning in to Pastor Chuck Smith. He was on my radio on the way to work & on the way home. For years I heard him 10 times a week & finally searched Calvary Chapel on my computer & saw "Church Finder" & found a Calvary Chapel church 2 miles from my house! I went. I've been going ever since. Very much like how Pastor Chuck taught. The Word, explained with clarity. No pop psychology, no world view stuff, just God's Word explained. Before this I had spent 2 years trying to be Catholic. I can't speak for all Catholic Churches but where I live it was strife & stress. Works not faith. Like living by the Law of the Old Testament. I was never good enough. It was rough. The RCIA instructor said if I left the Catholic Church I would go to hell. One day I realized he was wrong. I left. And prayed for a church. Soon found Calvary Chapel. I'm at peace again.

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've listened to Christian radio since the early 90s in different places I've lived & about 5 years ago I kept tuning in to Pastor Chuck Smith. He was on my radio on the way to work & on the way home. For years I heard him 10 times a week & finally searched Calvary Chapel on my computer & saw "Church Finder" & found a Calvary Chapel church 2 miles from my house! I went. I've been going ever since. Very much like how Pastor Chuck taught. The Word, explained with clarity. No pop psychology, no world view stuff, just God's Word explained. Before this I had spent 2 years trying to be Catholic. I can't speak for all Catholic Churches but where I live it was strife & stress. Works not faith. Like living by the Law of the Old Testament. I was never good enough. It was rough. The RCIA instructor said if I left the Catholic Church I would go to hell. One day I realized he was wrong. I left. And prayed for a church. Soon found Calvary Chapel. I'm at peace again.

Hi, Zacki, welcome to the forums. I am so happy to hear that you have found peace at a CC near you. I really appreciate the verse by verse, book by book teaching of Bible; and also appreciate Chuck Smith. Hope you continue to be blessed there!

God bless you;
Michael

Reactions: Zacki
Upvote 0