Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys, I will be taking a long plane ride over the summer and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what would be good to read? Please don't put any Ayn Rand type books on the list. Something fun and lighthearted but with some serious themes in it. Actually, it can be serious but not too serious. I was thinking about reading Mere Christianity on the plane. Too much? WEll, suggest away please!

Marinville288

ABBA Great Day!!
Sep 13, 2003
Nashville, TN
✟8,125.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Wicked is an excellent book that really grips you and holds you and doesnt let go till you finish it. So many of my pages are blurred from either tears of laughter - the book is hilareous - or tears of sadness. It's about the Wicked Witch of the West, and how she became turned wicked; its a great tale, and has a lot of ties to the Wizard of Oz. Anyways, I really enjoyed the book and it put me in a good mood the entire time through!

Reactions: Periann
Upvote 0

TrueQ

Devil's Advocate
Feb 7, 2004
Salem
✟1,197.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
There is a certain skill to this, plane rides are boring, so you want something that you won't finish feeling all pumped up with three hours left to go. But no one wants to get to the most exciting part and then have to go through customs and car renting and find a hotel before you can actually read it.

I know about how many pages I can read in an hour (90 small ones), so I aim for something that looks like it's mighty exciting, and will wrap itself up just around final descent.

Reactions: Periann
Upvote 0

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It must be a skill...because Im planning this out so much earlier then I have to :)

I don't like long boring books while Im traveling because I need to stay focused on what Im reading. I think I'll drop by Half-Price Books and go a little crazy before my trip...lol.

Upvote 0