Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm feeling edgy. Could anyone recommend me some good Christian metal bands or songs? I'm trying to break into the genre

That depends. How old or new are you looking for? How "hard" in style?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

Christian Liljegren the singer is now the lead singer for Narnia.
He was actually the singer for Narnia first and Golden Resurrection was a subsequent project.

But if you're into that type of metal then you can't go wrong with any of his bands:
  • Narnia
  • Golden Resurrection
  • Audiovision
  • DivineFire
  • Flames of Fire
  • Wisdom Call
And I'm probably missing some. The guy is very prolific!

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Anything you think is good I wanna hear it
The thing is, "metal" is an extremely diverse genre with many styles that can differ quite dramatically from each other. On this thread alone there have been mentions of Petra and Demon Hunter, who sound nothing alike. So throwing it open to any type of metal isn't the best way to approach things.

You say that you're trying to break into metal, so that must mean you've been exposed to some metal that you liked and has spurred you on to check it out further. So if you can give us an idea of what you've heard then you're more likely to get suggestions that are more tailored to your burgeoning taste in metal.

• Agree
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The thing is, "metal" is an extremely diverse genre with many styles that can differ quite dramatically from each other. On this thread alone there have been mentions of Petra and Demon Hunter, who sound nothing alike. So throwing it open to any type of metal isn't the best way to approach things.

You say that you're trying to break into metal, so that must mean you've been exposed to some metal that you liked and has spurred you on to check it out further. So if you can give us an idea of what you've heard then you're more likely to get suggestions that are more tailored to your burgeoning taste in metal.
I think you're overestimating my knowledge of metal lol I know literally nothing about the genre and little about music in general. I'm kind of autistic in music. If I find a song I like it play it on repeat constantly. My music taste is also quite eclectic, and I'm trying to add hard rock or metal into it. I do remember listening to and liking HIM and Opeth if that counts.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try to listen to everything over the weekend.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Citanul

I also remember I had a Tool CD. How about this, I'm looking for metal bands that have:

- Hard instrumentals
- Female vocals

Does that narrow it down a bit more? Thanks!
More hard rock than metal, but give Flyleaf a listen.

Skillet also was mentioned earlier. Both male and female vocals and they have been a long time Christian hard rock band with some solid crossover success into secular audiences as well. I'd recommend their albums "Awake" and "Comatose" as a good place to start. John Cooper, Skillet's founder, has done some side metal work. Jen Ledger, their drummer, has done some solo work as "Ledger" that is all female vocals.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Citanul

I also remember I had a Tool CD. How about this, I'm looking for metal bands that have:

- Hard instrumentals
- Female vocals

Does that narrow it down a bit more? Thanks!

Flyleaf and/or Lacey Sturm

Veridia

The Letter Black
(especially their "Pain" album)

Fireflight

There are others, but these are my favorite female Christian metal groups

Upvote 0