MO.
✟250,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Everything that transpires in life is supposed to occur, otherwise it wouldn't happen, because nothing happens without God's foreknowledge and Him allowing it to come to pass!

Everyone does God's will, but most do not to do His desires! Even though it has always been that God “desires all men to be saved” (1Ti 2:4; 2Pe 3:9), His will—or way—is that only those who “choose life . . . “will live” (Deu 30:19). Thus, everyone does God's will, but most choose not to do His desires!

We know that our loving God does everything “according to His good pleasure” (Eph 1:9), and that prior to creation, He knew “many” (that is, most) of mankind would choose “the way that leads to destruction,” and that “few” (in comparison to the many) would choose “the way which leads unto life” (Mat 7:13, 14 – becoming more obvious all the time).

I would think it doubtless to conceive that He knew there would be great worth in gaining the “few,” as evidenced by the “joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents” (Luk 15:10).

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything that transpires in life is supposed to occur, otherwise it wouldn't happen, because nothing happens without God's foreknowledge and Him allowing it to come to pass!

Everyone does God's will, but most do not to do His desires! Even though it has always been that God “desires all men to be saved” (1Ti 2:4; 2Pe 3:9), His will—or way—is that only those who “choose life . . . “will live” (Deu 30:19). Thus, everyone does God's will, but most choose not to do His desires!

We know that our loving God does everything “according to His good pleasure” (Eph 1:9), and that prior to creation, He knew “many” (that is, most) of mankind would choose “the way that leads to destruction,” and that “few” (in comparison to the many) would choose “the way which leads unto life” (Mat 7:13, 14 – becoming more obvious all the time).

I would think it doubtless to conceive that He knew there would be great worth in gaining the “few,” as evidenced by the “joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repents” (Luk 15:10).
“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (KJV 1900)

“Lord, thou wilt ordain Peace for us: For thou also hast wrought all our works in us.” Isaiah 26:12 (KJV 1900)

“Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:21 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (KJV 1900)

“Lord, thou wilt ordain Peace for us: For thou also hast wrought all our works in us.” Isaiah 26:12 (KJV 1900)

“Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Hebrews 13:21 (KJV 1900)
Thanks for the encouraging passages, and God bless!

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What you are contrasting is the perfect will of God and permissive will of God.

Romans 12:2 NIV
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The perfect will is the goal.

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What you are contrasting is the perfect will of God and permissive will of God.

Romans 12:2 NIV
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The perfect will is the goal.
Hi and thanks for the input! That's a good way to put it. In my opinion, condemning evil is perfect. It's a matter of how one desires to look at it. It's all good, in the sense that all is used for good (Ro 8:28), e.g. evil manifests good and visa versa.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi and thanks for the input! That's a good way to put it. In my opinion, condemning evil is perfect. It's a matter of how one desires to look at it. It's all good, in the sense that all is used for good (Ro 8:28), e.g. evil manifests good and visa versa.
On the first day "God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness" believe what you will about the literalness of the creation account but it also points to deeper meanings and that's the focus I highlight here.

What we learn on the first day is that light is from God and darkness is not, light is called good and darkness is not and light is separated from the darkness. Although there will be a restoration of all things it is important that we speak and follow light as much and as far as possible and we should not develop a type of apathy towards spreading light simply because all things will be restored to God's perfect will some day. Light should always be our goal, never darkness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From the input I’ve received in this thread I realize that I need to better explain what I mean by “Everyone does God's will.” Everyone ends in subjection to God concerning His will for believers and unbelievers. For example, it’s His will (but not His desire) that the latter receive eternal death, and the prior eternal life.

Sorry for not being clear enough and thanks for all who are participating in this thread. It helped me see that I needed to be more explanatory of what I am attempting to share. The articles intent is to reflect on His sovereign control, like He knew man would partake of the “Tree” even when He was commanding not to, because it was obviously the way God desired to begin teaching us.

God bless us everyone, and God be blessed!

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Yes, God’s desires for us aren’t necessarily fulfilled; He allows us to be the wildcard in it all. He wants us to be aligned in will with Him, He wants us to want His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. But that’s the point: He wants us to choose good over evil, as a matter of justice, our justice, and not be forced to do so as if this entire history of humankind involving the Fall of man until this day was nothing more than a weird puppet show at the end of the day. The will of man is the prize, even as grace is required in order to help mold and move it rightly.

Upvote 0