Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Not entirely correct. God has used illness etc as a punishment to his people in the past, but
This is a big But.
There was always a prophet who gave warning and God's covernant with Israel was inforce, unlike today when there is no national covernants with God.

So I agree this pandemics merely a warning that our actions have consequences.
Eating bush meat exposes the water and handlers of the carcass to pathogens we don't usually encounter.
Agree. When God gets angry, He just leaves us to our own devices. We are quite capable of self destruction, as history makes abundantly clear (Romans 1 traces the sorry decline of the human race).

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The theories are beginning: COVID 19 is God's punishment, usually for sexual sins or abortion.

That does not agree with the loving God I know.

I do believe in the law of natural consequences. A Harvard epidemiologist has written that thesez novel viruses are increasing because animal species are forced to seek new habitats as climate changes. The most recent novel viruses have been transmitted to mankind from bats. Because mankind has no natural immunity to these animal viruses they can be very serious.

In addition, increased pollution has made humans much more vulnerable to lung diseases. Wuhan, where this disease was first diagnosed, is China's Center for auto manufacturing. Chinese factories create so much pollution that they sometimes have to close for a week to bring the pollution down.

These two events, increased pollution and animal migration north, created a perfect storm for this deadly virus to be transmitted to humans.

In other words we are experiencing these natural consequences because of our sin, but not because of the sins people are talking about. Our sin is in our responsibility towards the environment. We are not being good stewards of God's creation. The poor are harmed most by climate change.

We need to take this warning seriously, by conserving, recycling, reusing, and developing alternative means of energy.

God would never affect a pandemic on mankind that's punishment, but he could let us experience natural consequences so we will change

I reckon the virus manifested due to breaking the laws of nature...
Diseases typically occur due to humans doing stuff they shouldn’t be doing rather than the Lord engineering a virus to destroy mankind.

And the Lord said:
Thou shall not eat bat soup

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The theories are beginning: COVID 19 is God's punishment, usually for sexual sins or abortion.

That does not agree with the loving God I know.

I do believe in the law of natural consequences. A Harvard epidemiologist has written that thesez novel viruses are increasing because animal species are forced to seek new habitats as climate changes. The most recent novel viruses have been transmitted to mankind from bats. Because mankind has no natural immunity to these animal viruses they can be very serious.

In addition, increased pollution has made humans much more vulnerable to lung diseases. Wuhan, where this disease was first diagnosed, is China's Center for auto manufacturing. Chinese factories create so much pollution that they sometimes have to close for a week to bring the pollution down.

These two events, increased pollution and animal migration north, created a perfect storm for this deadly virus to be transmitted to humans.

In other words we are experiencing these natural consequences because of our sin, but not because of the sins people are talking about. Our sin is in our responsibility towards the environment. We are not being good stewards of God's creation. The poor are harmed most by climate change.

We need to take this warning seriously, by conserving, recycling, reusing, and developing alternative means of energy.

God would never affect a pandemic on mankind that's punishment, but he could let us experience natural consequences so we will change
Illness is a result of sin. Were there no sin there would be no sickness. How that works I don’t know. However it does happen. Right now I’m thinking about when the so called great men of Israel murmured against Moses. The first mention of the word “visitation” can be found in the KJV Numbers 16:29. The whole story is a very important read as well. Moses is describing being born again. When the 200 men plus their families were swallowed up into the earth it was terrifying for the people who witnessed it as well as those being destroyed. The retribution didn’t stop there. The plague was taking lives quickly as Moses instructed the people to hurriedly make sacrifice for the sin. That is but one example of our angry Heavenly Father. Those in Christ are safe and protected but those not in Christ fall into a different category.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Illness is a result of sin. Were there no sin there would be no sickness. How that works I don’t know. However it does happen. Right now I’m thinking about when the so called great men of Israel murmured against Moses. The first mention of the word “visitation” can be found in the KJV Numbers 16:29. The whole story is a very important read as well. Moses is describing being born again. When the 200 men plus their families were swallowed up into the earth it was terrifying for the people who witnessed it as well as those being destroyed. The retribution didn’t stop there. The plague was taking lives quickly as Moses instructed the people to hurriedly make sacrifice for the sin. That is but one example of our angry Heavenly Father. Those in Christ are safe and protected but those not in Christ fall into a different category.

Yeah right, and only those who are not Saved will get sick and Die from the Virus, because Christians are safe in Jesus........Give me a break. :doh:

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall
walk like blind men, because they have sinned
against the Lord: Zephaniah 1:17.

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them [which destroy] the earth. Revelation 11:18

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord shall make the pestilence cleave
unto thee, until he have consumed thee from
off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption
[chronic, degenerate diseases such as aids],
and with a fever, and with an inflammation
[malaria or communicative diseases such as
influenzas], and with an extreme burning, and
with the sword, and with blasting, and with
mildew…with the botch of Egypt [elephantiasis,
and with the emerods [tumors, cancer, etc.],
and with the scab, and with the itch [aggravated
psoriasis and other nutrient-deficiency diseases
such as scurvy, rickets, etc.], whereof thou
canst not be healed [incurable or drug-resistant
diseases]…with madness [mental illness,
insanity] and blindness and astonishment of heart
[emotional distresses such as depression]”

Upvote 0

Josheb

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
NoVa
✟166,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since he's the pope--and you're not--maybe you need to look at the plank in your own eye before calling him a Marxist.
First:

The current pope is an all-star compared to those guys. Being Pope does not make a person infallible. You know this. You know this as a Catholic. You know this because you are Catholic. Catholic doctrine does not hold a Pope infallible in all circumstances. In Pope Pius XII's encyclical titled, "Humani Generis" it is stated papal encyclicals are not infallible! Look it up if you doubt what you just read. This puts you in an awkward position: either Pope Pius XII was incorrect (proving popes fallible) or you are.

Second, I didn't call him Marxist. I said he was influenced by Marxist theology. Big difference. Maybe you should consider the plank. What I posted is factually correct. Your feeling offended by it doesn't change the facts.

Third, have a little respect for your peers here in the forum. I am not an RCC-hater. I have no problem with Catholics, especially devout and conscientious ones sincere about their service to God. Devotion does not preclude ignorance. What I posted is correct: Catholic social justice has changed over the centuries and the current iteration is Marxist influenced.

Fourth, have you ever read any Gustavo Gutiérrez Merino? Familiar with Liberation Theology? If so then you know what I'm posting nad have no basis for being ornery. If not then I encourage you to do so. You can start here: A Theology of Liberation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Cruise ships with 4 or 5,000 people, that has to be judged.

There is way too much air travel which needs to be judged.

You can't pack people like sardines on mass transit and not expect to get punished. That needs to be judged.
God's judgement is on humanity as a whole. People have been flying for decades and it's been getting much safer. Likewise cruise ships. The whole world lies in the control of the evil one. Singling out one or two human activities is not necessary.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The whole world lies in the control of the evil one.

Who then is this spoken of by Jesus?

John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Was Jesus speaking of the future, after His Crucifixion, until now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise GOD glory to Jesus.. agree.. this has nothing what so ever todo with God. Is this Gods kingdom? God/Christ didnt have the power to save Him from the Cross.Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” Yet...it was the plain from the foundation of the world.

God could not even destroy cities.. Lot HAD to be safe 1st. "For I cannot do anything until you arrive there.” Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar."

Yet today.. you and me in Christ.. God can punish judge righteous with the wicked. The simple fact that Satan is the god of this world gets tossed out. No reading about how Satan is doing anything? Nope... And GOD gets blamed. Were human and we KNOW if you punish, scare someone. They can change. So DUH God must do the same thing.

Like ever thing Christ took to that tree gets tossed out. The fact you and me passed from death to life.. no judgements, no condemnation.. and the sinner been judged ready. Yet GOD is STILL judging them?

Is that the msg we tell them? "can you PLEASE Repent because GOD is judging you for all that SIN and we that believe in Jesus are suffering those judgements and being punished with you"???????

If so wheres the GOOD news? Its WHY Christ DIED on the Cross and ROSE praise GOD glory to Jesus. Because He already died for the SIN of the world. What WE should have judged punished for Christ took that and all the rest to the Cross.

How I understand it. :)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Who then is this spoken of by Jesus?

John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Was Jesus speaking of the future, after His Crucifixion, until now?
Since John wrote those words in about 95 AD, it seems pretty obvious was future. If you think the present is life without Satan, I would have to disagree.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Since John wrote those words in about 95 AD, it seems pretty obvious was future. If you think the present is life without Satan, I would have to disagree.

Ok disagree, it makes perfect sense to you that Because John wrote Something in 95 AD. it most be future.

Is that because John didn't wright it exactly when Jesus spoke those words, but deferred for another 62 yrs.?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Is this Gods kingdom? God/Christ didnt have the power to save Him from the Cross.

Sure He/They did.

John 10:18
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

1Ti. 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners;

Without the Sacrifice no one would be Saved, it had to work that way, not that He/They did not have the power.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aids Epidemic

A study conducted by the University of Alabama
and others suggests that it came from the
killing of chimpanzees for food in central Africa.

I don't know if you saw the 60 Mins, but it had to do with same. Stressed out animals I had never seen before being prepared for slaughter.

ETA: I'm watching it again and now see that what has happened in Asia is happening in the US. My neighborhood has it and two deaths. It appears it will get worse as we do not have the fullest lockdown yet.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ZNP
Upvote 0