Midwest
✟16,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The theories are beginning: COVID 19 is God's punishment, usually for sexual sins or abortion.

That does not agree with the loving God I know.

I do believe in the law of natural consequences. A Harvard epidemiologist has written that thesez novel viruses are increasing because animal species are forced to seek new habitats as climate changes. The most recent novel viruses have been transmitted to mankind from bats. Because mankind has no natural immunity to these animal viruses they can be very serious.

In addition, increased pollution has made humans much more vulnerable to lung diseases. Wuhan, where this disease was first diagnosed, is China's Center for auto manufacturing. Chinese factories create so much pollution that they sometimes have to close for a week to bring the pollution down.

These two events, increased pollution and animal migration north, created a perfect storm for this deadly virus to be transmitted to humans.

In other words we are experiencing these natural consequences because of our sin, but not because of the sins people are talking about. Our sin is in our responsibility towards the environment. We are not being good stewards of God's creation. The poor are harmed most by climate change.

We need to take this warning seriously, by conserving, recycling, reusing, and developing alternative means of energy.

God would never affect a pandemic on mankind that's punishment, but he could let us experience natural consequences so we will change
I agree this isn't something he chose to punish sexual immorality...

In fact end of Romans 1, it seems to say that sexual immorality is a consequence of a society that doesn't believe God created all things. Verse 20 to the end.

It's funny people are saying COVID-19 is punishment for sexual immorality. Because sexual immorality seems to be a judgment of a sort for believing in evolution.

I heard Chuck Missler say once that when we seek after sin continually God's biggest punishment is allowing us to have it.

I believe the fires, this pestilence (of COVID and locusts in Africa) is the part of the parable of the 10 virgins when they all were asleep. It says they woke up, for they heard their master was coming. So they rushed to get themselves ready. I believe this is that time. Not the end, but a reminder to be ready, and to wake up.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Because sexual immorality seems to be a judgment of a sort for believing in evolution.

I heard Chuck Missler say once that when we seek after sin continually God's biggest punishment is allowing us to have it.
Yes,

people seek and keep seeking WHAT THEY WANT, often (most often) opposed to Jesus, not in Him !

Upvote 0

Kenobi

Mar 5, 2020
Midwest
✟16,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As in this warning to people today: "wake up you sleeper, arise from the DEAD" ? (from memory - don't remember exactly perhaps)

All I know is I have unbelieving friends on my Facebook saying this is the end times, and others saying this is not normal. And when I witness to people, they're not saying yes, but they're not stopping me either.

We may see the last great revival! I'm praying :)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All I know is I have unbelieving friends on my Facebook saying this is the end times, and others saying this is not normal. And when I witness to people, they're not saying yes, but they're not stopping me either.

We may see the last great revival! I'm praying :)
GOOD AND GREAT !

According to all Scripture, WE ARE in the end time. Yes, the world is NOT NORMAL.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok disagree, it makes perfect sense to you that Because John wrote Something in 95 AD. it most be future.

Is that because John didn't wright it exactly when Jesus spoke those words, but deferred for another 62 yrs.?
No, it makes perfect sense to me because it fits reality.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The theories are beginning: COVID 19 is God's punishment, usually for sexual sins or abortion.

That does not agree with the loving God I know.

I do believe in the law of natural consequences. A Harvard epidemiologist has written that thesez novel viruses are increasing because animal species are forced to seek new habitats as climate changes. The most recent novel viruses have been transmitted to mankind from bats. Because mankind has no natural immunity to these animal viruses they can be very serious.

In addition, increased pollution has made humans much more vulnerable to lung diseases. Wuhan, where this disease was first diagnosed, is China's Center for auto manufacturing. Chinese factories create so much pollution that they sometimes have to close for a week to bring the pollution down.

These two events, increased pollution and animal migration north, created a perfect storm for this deadly virus to be transmitted to humans.

In other words we are experiencing these natural consequences because of our sin, but not because of the sins people are talking about. Our sin is in our responsibility towards the environment. We are not being good stewards of God's creation. The poor are harmed most by climate change.

We need to take this warning seriously, by conserving, recycling, reusing, and developing alternative means of energy.

God would never affect a pandemic on mankind that's punishment, but he could let us experience natural consequences so we will change

Many of the elderly in Europe are Christians and often better behaved than the younger generations but belonging to a model of doing church that many younger people cannot relate to. Maybe God is simply calling them home before some big change. Similarly in the Black Death a great many Christians died. For these people was that a punishment or just going to be with God. It is our expectations that need managing here. We will not live in this life forever.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No, it makes perfect sense to me because it fits reality.

What reality is that?

Where whatever you believe is your own personal reality?

There are Transsexuals who believe that, and are trying to force everyone else to believe that false reality.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What reality is that?

Where whatever you believe is your own personal reality?

There are Transsexuals who believe that, and are trying to force everyone else to believe that false reality.
What is your point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What is your point?

Why do you completely disregard these two statements of Jesus where He said "NOW" two times in that one verse?...Was He lying?

John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world:
now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Cruise ships with 4 or 5,000 people, that has to be judged.

There is way too much air travel which needs to be judged.

You can't pack people like sardines on mass transit and not expect to get punished. That needs to be judged.

Those are all blanket statements, why do they need to be judged?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why do you completely disregard these two statements of Jesus where He said "NOW" two times in that one verse?...Was He lying?

John 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world:
now shall the prince of this world be cast out.[/QUOTE
Believe what you like. Peter said that Satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour. Obviously Peter was deceived. According to you.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
[/QUOTE
Believe what you like. Peter said that Satan is like a roaring lion seeking whom he can devour. Obviously Peter was deceived. According to you.[UNQUOTE]

You just don't get it, they were all talking to the people of that time not to us.
it was all happening to them then, not us now....70 AD. was just around the corner.

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Who is paul speaking to them or us?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenobi

Mar 5, 2020
Midwest
✟16,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You just don't get it, they were all talking to the people of that time not to us.
it was all happening to them then, not us now....70 AD. was just around the corner.

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
1Co 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
1Co 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1Co 10:5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
1Co 10:6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
1Co 10:7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
1Co 10:8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
1Co 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
1Co 10:10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Who is paul speaking to them or us?

I don't think I'm understanding... Are you saying what they said isn't for today?

Paul is speaking to them and us.

Jesus said the kingdom is at hand, the kingdom is now, and the kingdom is in us. Then he says to pray for His kingdom to come (but I thought it was here and now and in us??????)

When we're talking of reality. There's a spiritual "now" and a physical "now". So it's both. Jesus' kingdom is accessible. Now. In our hearts. The end is now. There's an urgency in my spirit I cannot shake, and it could be another 100 years before the end... There was that same urgency in the early church, too.... Thousands of years ago.

We're not promised tomorrow. We need to understand that even if we don't see the end, that that urgency of the end was put there by God. They thought the end was going to come immediately, because that's how Jesus spoke about it. And He's speaking that to us today as well. And He spoke that to people between then and now.

So Paul is speaking there in 1 Corinthians to the people then, during that time. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't, but his words still speak to us, and are relevant, for today as well.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A loving God let Jesus go through what he did and his Disciples be tortured and martyred so you got the message you did. Expecting a better deal out of life than what they got is a bit of wishful thinking I think. If you get a good run it is a bonus and most of us in western countries are on a VERY green pasture already. Stuff like this is just normal life doing its thing as it has for thousands of years.

Also as soon as everyone loses their safety net of wealth and privilege they will turn back to God for help.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those are all blanket statements, why do they need to be judged?
Everything is "judged". If their business soars and everyone is lining up to go on a cruise, that is a judgement. If on the other hand they go bankrupt that also is a judgement.

When an accountant determines that reducing the size of each seat by 2 inches will allow them to fit 8 more seats on the plane and make more profit they have made a judgement. When they failed to also account for the transmission of global pandemics that then cause the airline to go bankrupt, well then the accountants work is weighed in the balance and found wanting. The same is true of mass transit. It is far more cost effective than a car. They could double the capacity of mass transit and it would still be far cheaper than a car, though a little more expensive. Minimizing the cost of mass transit by packing people in like sardines and making them wait 15, 30 minutes for a bus, to save a few dollars when this in turn means the city gets hit much harder and much faster every time a virus sweeps thru, that also needs to be judged.

• Haha
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,309.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Archbishop Oscar Romero and others have been canonized. We often see our priests and ministers hobnobbing and socializing with political leaders. At some point however if the political leaders are not following God's path attention must be paid. That is how the pro-life movement began. Do you not see the similarity? Do you not see that when there were unjust corrupt and brutal dictators exploiting people in a nation of great poverty attention must be paid as well? I am very glad that we recognize that our spiritual leaders must be moral voices.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah right, and only those who are not Saved will get sick and Die from the Virus, because Christians are safe in Jesus........Give me a break. :doh:
I don’t recall writing what you have interpreted. Perhaps less condescending and more get your eyes opened. Whether you believe or not, the truth is the truth.

Upvote 0