Mar 26, 2005
Connecticut
Visit site
✟19,679.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There was one Sunday when a youth member with a strong anointing was talking about how God was starting to use her in the spiritual gifts. After her testimony, the Holy Spirit invaded the sanctuary strongly. I was directing the service that day and when she was done, I talked about how what she was saying was right and that God was wanting to use the church in the spiritual gifts. In the middle of my speech ( I know it's going to sound crazy) I literally felt a presence come down with one feet touching the stage like how Superman lands on the ground. I sense all this happening in the back of me though I did not see it. I was frozen in shock when I felt this happening. Before I realize it, I started talking and it was not me talking or moving my body. I was observing something talking through me and telling people how the spiritual gifts landed in the church as I saw myself pointing to where they were. The spirit in me was telling people to take them and I saw my hand putting stuff inside my heart also. Then when it was done talking, I saw myself about to do a back flip as the spirit rose back up into the air. People on the stage were in shocked. The Pastor stated it was God himself who came down, a couple of days after during Bible study.

So like another thread I posted in, a few years after this experience, a Prophet came to my church recently told me I had a mandate from God. That God is planning to do something with me and he (the Prophet) does not know why it's going to be with me and not to question it. This prophet never came to my church before and after he said this, the experience I had with sensing God's spirit come down in my church came back to my thoughts. I was fearful about this experience before, but I have a feeling this may happen again. I wanted to know if this kind of experience Biblical? Is it just me discerning the Holy Spirit in the form of a person which came down to my church? Anyone experience anything similar or have anything to add on this?

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There was one Sunday when a youth member with a strong anointing was talking about how God was starting to use her in the spiritual gifts. After her testimony, the Holy Spirit invaded the sanctuary strongly. I was directing the service that day and when she was done, I talked about how what she was saying was right and that God was wanting to use the church in the spiritual gifts. In the middle of my speech ( I know it's going to sound crazy) I literally felt a presence come down with one feet touching the stage like how Superman lands on the ground. I sense all this happening in the back of me though I did not see it. I was frozen in shock when I felt this happening. Before I realize it, I started talking and it was not me talking or moving my body. I was observing something talking through me and telling people how the spiritual gifts landed in the church as I saw myself pointing to where they were. The spirit in me was telling people to take them and I saw my hand putting stuff inside my heart also. Then when it was done talking, I saw myself about to do a back flip as the spirit rose back up into the air. People on the stage were in shocked. The Pastor stated it was God himself who came down, a couple of days after during Bible study.

So like another thread I posted in, a few years after this experience, a Prophet came to my church recently told me I had a mandate from God. That God is planning to do something with me and he (the Prophet) does not know why it's going to be with me and not to question it. This prophet never came to my church before and after he said this, the experience I had with sensing God's spirit come down in my church came back to my thoughts. I was fearful about this experience before, but I have a feeling this may happen again. I wanted to know if this kind of experience Biblical? Is it just me discerning the Holy Spirit in the form of a person which came down to my church? Anyone experience anything similar or have anything to add on this?

I've known Jesus who is the bodily form of the godhead come down and visit people, so it was probably Him. My pastor has been visited twice by Him. Accept it as there is nothing in what you have said that is unscriptural. Remember Jesus visited Saul on the road to Damascus AFTER Pentecost. Just don't doubt.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've known Jesus who is the bodily form of the godhead come down and visit people, so it was probably Him. My pastor has been visited twice by Him. Accept it as there is nothing in what you have said that is unscriptural. Remember Jesus visited Saul on the road to Damascus AFTER Pentecost. Just don't doubt.
Are you of the mind that Christ is outside of you and not in you?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you of the mind that Christ is outside of you and not in you?
In other words not born again ?

We do have to be careful regarding outward signs because there can be more than one source, it isn't always God. However, if there is a serious strong sense that this was God it could well have been or some manifestation there of.. Pentecostal's have these experiences but they aren't alone. I've seen a few things in my time as well. I believe that the Holy Spirit can be in us and we still receive an outward sign from Jesus, if He can be in the beginning times and the end times and in eternity all at once, I think He can be inside us and outside at the same time. We just are unlikely to see him in flesh, but that's just opinion on my part.

I can't say what happened in that church that day though. I can say discernment is critical.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In other words not born again ?

We do have to be careful regarding outward signs because there can be more than one source, it isn't always God. However, if there is a serious strong sense that this was God it could well have been or some manifestation there of.. Pentecostal's have these experiences but they aren't alone. I've seen a few things in my time as well. I believe that the Holy Spirit can be in us and we still receive an outward sign from Jesus, if He can be in the beginning times and the end times and in eternity all at once, I think He can be inside us and outside at the same time. We just are unlikely to see him in flesh, but that's just opinion on my part.

I can't say what happened in that church that day though.
" And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not"

The OP is questioning the experience.....not sure that this is a characteristic of a visitation from God.

There is nothing impossible for God, so i am not one to say that he can or wont do anything. Im just not one to tell others that I know for sure, their experiences are from God or not.

Upvote 0

Missyjojo88

Mar 26, 2005
Connecticut
Visit site
✟19,679.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
" And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not"

The OP is questioning the experience.....not sure that this is a characteristic of a visitation from God.

There is nothing impossible for God, so i am not one to say that he can or wont do anything. Im just not one to tell others that I know for sure, their experiences are from God or not.

I am very cautious and wanting to make sure something is from God or not. I want to make sure I am not deceived by any experience. I do believe it is God, but I never thought this kind of thing would happen. I do have the Holy Spirit before this happened, so it's not really about the Holy Spirit coming upon me because I have the Holy Spirit. It most likely was a visitation from God, which I believe is to do with something God is wanting to do with me and my church. I know it's not my church only, other churches have and will experience something familiar. God said there will be signs and wonders in the last days. I always try to be cautious with stuff like this not because I don't think it is of God, but am naturally like this. Just like when Gideon asked God to show him signs it was him and when God did he wanted another sign to make sure. I realize in these last days there are a lot of deceptions and stuff like this makes me very cautious.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Missyjojo88

Mar 26, 2005
Connecticut
Visit site
✟19,679.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

I would love to hear your pastor's experience, but you don't have to talk about it. I think it's like when Moses saw God's shadow only because he would die if he had seen God physically. God allowed me to sense his presence as if I was actually seen it through my spiritual eyes, but it was through sensing instead. I did hear my pastor mention he visited a church where the was no musician and no one there knew how to play an instrument. All a sudden a man came up and sat to play the piano that was there. He played for hours as the church was in worship. When the service was done, the man claimed he never played the piano before. When he tried to play the piano after that, he sounded horrific because he doesn't know how to play the piano.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I would love to hear your pastor's experience, but you don't have to talk about it. I think it's like when Moses saw God's shadow only because he would die if he had seen God physically. God allowed me to sense his presence as if I was actually seen it through my spiritual eyes, but it was through sensing instead. I did hear my pastor mention he visited a church where the was no musician and no one there knew how to play an instrument. All a sudden a man came up and sat to play the piano that was there. He played for hours as the church was in worship. When the service was done, the man claimed he never played the piano before. When he tried to play the piano after that, he sounded horrific because he doesn't know how to play the piano.

What he mentioned was that he was fighting depression back in the 1980's early in his ministry and was lying prostrate on the living room floor crying and praying. He heard something and when he started to look up he saw sandaled feet in front of him, and he continued up and it was Jesus in solid form. I don't remember everything, but He did talk to the pastor about his ministry and also showed him the cause of his depression. Jesus pointed to a corner and there were two small demons cowering in the corner and shaking out of their boots!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Missyjojo88

Mar 26, 2005
Connecticut
Visit site
✟19,679.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What he mentioned was that he was fighting depression back in the 1980's early in his ministry and was lying prostrate on the living room floor crying and praying. He heard something and when he started to look up he saw sandaled feet in front of him, and he continued up and it was Jesus in solid form. I don't remember everything, but He did talk to the pastor about his ministry and also showed him the cause of his depression. Jesus pointed to a corner and there were two small demons cowering in the corner and shaking out of their boots!

What an interesting testimony. There have been many different types of testimonies of people being visited by Jesus Christ and he can manifest in many ways. Obviously the enemy can mimic that, but many Pastors, leaders, and other Christian seem to have been experiencing genuine Godly encounters that change their life for the better. They also have the fruit of the spirit to go with it. I'm not surprise Pastors will experience these types of encounters because of their ministry.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've had several experiences in my lifetime, this is why I don't doubt that it can happen. My concern is where is it from and what is the message. I have 0 doubt of the reality of the experience, I've seen too much to doubt someone else. but I do say verify for yourselves.

Reactions: Missyjojo88
Upvote 0

Missyjojo88

Mar 26, 2005
Connecticut
Visit site
✟19,679.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've had several experiences in my lifetime, this is why I don't doubt that it can happen. My concern is where is it from and what is the message. I have 0 doubt of the reality of the experience, I've seen too much to doubt someone else. but I do say verify for yourselves.

You are absolutely correct. Discernment is very much needed when it comes experiences like this.

Upvote 0