Gods gift unrecognized losing my passion for singing

justicef

Jul 15, 2013
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys my name is justice and i go to this performing arts high school called BHSA and i'm a vocal major. Now this school is a very prestigious performing arts high school and you MUST audition to get in that's the only way and out of more than 5000 people who audition only 150-175 get in so i'm very grateful but... this may sound crazy but unfortunately I lost my passion for singing... yes you heard that right and I know i'm only 16 but still it seems like as days go bye i slowly lose my passion to sing. What i do now is just listen to music and that's it. Sometimes i wouldn't even listen to music. But i'm not depressed or going through anything devastating i just feel like singing is not my thing but i sang my whole life and singing used to be everything to me and with an exception of a few who said i sound great I just don't feel the same and it feels like it almost hurts to sing in a spiritual way. I just don't want god to be disappointed in me because i choose to ignore or throw away one of my talents. Maybe i'm just going through a tribulation and in time I'll find my passion again.. but as for now i'm just A Lonely Persona... This is a story of an Ex-singer.

May 25, 2013
✟7,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know exactly how you feel.. a year or so ago i was doing a lot with my music.. I was writing my own songs and singing at gigs, doing YouTube videos.. all sorts!
I don't know what happened but I started to lose my passion for it, and didnt feel like performing or writing music anymore. For me, it has come back, sometimes the passion and love for singing comes back for a short time and i try to embrace the feeling again, this time i am trying to listen to God and ask him to help me :)

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2013
Wisconsin
✟15,135.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This happens to me from time to time. Nothing to be alarmed about. Give yourself a break from singing (as much as you are able to). Do something that you don't regularly do (read a book, listen to a podcast, watch classic movies, play a sport, whatever...). Or listen to a style of music that you have not given much consideration. Give yourself time and the passion will return.

God bless.

Upvote 0

I am e0

Jul 25, 2014
✟7,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God gives us many gifts and as christians, we can be blessed with many many gifts. Just ask god what he wants from you. He will show you. If Singing is what GOD wants from you then you will feel it. Maybe the time isnt now. maybe its later. Either way, dont feel pressured into something that your not feeling. Just follow your heart with GODs guidance. I have many years on you and He's never sent me on the wrong path! It might not be an easy path, but its always the right one.

Good luck god bless:wave:

Upvote 0

JaniMelody

Aug 7, 2014
Slovenia
✟15,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every artist faces the same thing over and over again, what you need is a break from music- i had it hard i thought i ll never make music again ,but after a while i got back and i have a special relationship now...Believe me take a little break don t even listen to music- the problem is you hear the same things do the same things over and over again -your brain got the picture already so now its just repating the same thing over and over again so you have no stimulation for your soul or your mind ....

Upvote 0

Freakconformist

Continually Humbled
Sep 13, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
✟8,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This happened to me when I was in High School, too. Except instead of music I was into art. I was really into my art and I was fairly good at what I did. At first I was just doing what I did for fun.

The problems started when my teachers asked me what I was going to do for college. My knee jerk response was "Art", of course. At the time, it was the only thing I really knew I was good at.

Except, then I started looking around at what other people were doing and comparing myself to them. You see, I was only really interested comic book art and illustration work, which nobody was doing in 1998. I know, hard to believe now, right?

When I did manage to get into college I felt even worse, I felt like I was leagues behind a lot of my classmates in knowledge, skill and passion. Eventually, I just fell into a full on depression and quit everything. Including doing any kind of art for years.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I had stuck with it. On one hand, I do have talent and some skill, if I had continued to work on it I think I could have been an illustrator by now. I'm almost even mad that my head got turned around by those "serious artists" because, jokes on them, comic book art is extremely popular now.

On the other hand, thanks to the Art Institute of Everywhere throwing art degrees around like they're confetti, the art field is extremely flooded. Even if I was a really good illustrator, I probably wouldn't be getting much money for it. I know a lot of good artists that just about break even to go to Cons and sell sketches.

So, I guess my question to you is, do you really feel like God is calling you away from music, for whatever reason? Or are you just getting distracted and intimidated by expectations and all the people who are just as good as, or better than, you.

If your feeling intimidated, that's okay, you're only human. Talk to somebody, a counselor, a parent, or even a therapist. Don't let fear turn you away from God's blessings, He wants you to trust Him.

You're obviously good or they wouldn't have chosen you to be a student, let God carry you through this, and eventually your talent will shine.

Upvote 0