God put on my heart: Send Letter To White House! NEED HELP!

WorthyCause4Christ

Oct 15, 2017
Buena Park
✟13,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The pharmacy called and your perscription is ready. Maybe cut back a bit on the caffeine, while you are at it?
Illegal drugs are very bad for you and even pharmaceutical drugs can be very detrimental to your health. Refer to above post about your silliness.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know if you noticed, our President is not exactly a big reader. I wish you all the best but I think personally, I would make it kind of brief, he is not likely to wade through a long letter.

Grace and peace,
Mark

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

WorthyCause4Christ

Oct 15, 2017
Buena Park
✟13,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
This would require a re-write of the Constitution. It's neither realistic nor desirable.
Who cares... This countries government doesn't care about your constitutional rights anyways. Look at the attack on Christians for supposed hate speech when they preach the gospel or perhaps that someone may go to hell for doing certain things or, in some cases, not doing something.

If God makes a country come to its knees would you help bring it back up in a Godly manner?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Listen to Christian leaders especially prophets. A delegation of Christian leaders one chosen per each denomination. Chosen by the people of that denomination.

Guess RFK stadium will need to be repurposed...

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟961,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Who cares... This countries government doesn't care about your constitutional rights anyways. Look at the attack on Christians for supposed hate speech when they preach the gospel or perhaps that someone may go to hell for doing certain things or, in some cases, not doing something.

If God makes a country come to its knees would you help bring it back up in a Godly manner?

I rather like living in a country offering religious freedom for all.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is what I have so far in the brainstorm bubble that is the demands of GOD almighty:
Put Jesus Christ first and foremost. God is love. God over government.
Have a look at the countries in the world where they use religion to dictate the law. Tell me which one you would like to live in.

Governments are a part of the church. Not separate.

I'm guess you mean YOUR church.

Non-combatant Christians allowed to go with all military forces during wartime (food, clothing, shelter provided if need be).

Why? What could they provide?

Preaching is not hate speech and thus cannot be outlawed.

Is anyone currently saying it is? Where is preaching outlawed today? Show me the actual law in question that prohibits preaching.

Christian pastors allowed to visit and preach JESUS CHRIST in public schools.

You want to force your religious beliefs on others? Or will people who don't share your beliefs be allowed to step out?

Listen to Christian leaders especially prophets. A delegation of Christian leaders one chosen per each denomination. Chosen by the people of that denomination.

So you want a theocracy. Can you name me one theocracy that actually worked?

Don't go to war unless prophets get approval from God.

lol, Hitler said he was doing God's work.

Put adoption/foster agencies into the hands of Christians.

What makes you think Christians are more capable at finding homes for children?

Stop the murder (including abortion of any type) of innocent children. Outlaw it (murder charges).

Yeah, not touching this one.

Christian churches to be exempt from all taxes without restrictions.

Yeah, we need more multi-millionaire pastors!

Church in homes allowed.

Churches in people's homes? Looking to get a bit of that tax exempt action, are you?

Church capable of providing food without a food service license (or free license) whether if privately or publicly served.

Yeah, who cares about things like hygiene?

Legal to beg/bum/ask for food/water/clothing/money.

I agree with you here, but I think a better option wioll be to create a government system in which people are not put in the situation where they are forced to beg in the first place.

Release all Christians locked up for preaching. Reimburse those Christians whom have spent money on court cases.

Can you tell me which Christians have been locked up purely for preaching?

Reinstate Shemittah year and Jubilee year.

No one's stopping you from spending a year working to get closer to God...

All of the above to be applied to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (a corporation) and it's constituents.

The idea that the USA is a company neatly describes everything that is wrong with it.

So far for a list of prophets I have Perry Stone, Mark Taylor, Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj and myself. Excluded from the list of Christian denominations are LDS (Mormons) and JW (Jehovah's Witnesses) since they are heretical and cults.

People of every religion tend to believe that all other religions are just cults...

I have sent an email to Perry Stone. I will try to get in contact with Mark Taylor and Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj. If someone has connections to them please direct them to this forum post or my email which I think is linked in my account.

You think? You didn't check to make sure?

I will do my best to read over that which you place and update the list. Also, I will have a section discussing scripture and what happens to a nation that turns it's back on the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob such as captivity being the worst of it (and/or perhaps destruction).

Nations that turn their back on God? Given that many of the countries with high numbers of atheists tend to be peaceful and nice places to live.

sweden-is-80-atheist-imagine-an-entire-country-without-moralsl-oh-22776558.png

Also, I must point out that atheists make up a much smaller percentage of US prison inmates than they do the US population, and it is the MOST religious states in the US that are the poorest and most violent places to live.

Remember, I gotta write it but God will push it through to the core.

HALLELUJAH! HOLY HOLY HOLY IS THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!

Yeah, God is incapable of doing it without your help.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also, I must point out that atheists make up a much smaller percentage of US prison inmates than they do the US population, and it is the MOST religious states in the US that are the poorest and most violent places to live.

That's mainly due to 2 reasons:

1. Many people convert in jail, even if they're not honest about it, they think they can get lighter sentences.

2. Atheists are mostly rich white men. Obviously they get arrested less often.

• Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I rather like living in a country offering religious freedom for all.

And, more importantly, one that doesn’t force any particular religion on its citizens. I think Madison wrote the Establishment clause first for a reason...

• Agree
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's mainly due to 2 reasons:

1. Many people convert in jail, even if they're not honest about it, they think they can get lighter sentences.

Have you got a source to confirm this, something which shows actual numbers?

2. Atheists are mostly rich white men. Obviously they get arrested less often.

Again, source?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,107.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Even if I were a Christian I would be skeptic of persons who appoint themselves God´s spokespersons.

So true. I've found that most times when someone says that God has spoken to them, it turns out that God hates all the same things that they do.

Funny, that...

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay, let me go a bit more in-depth.

I can't actually comment on this one because I'm unsure of what exactly you mean. If you mean that this is a good policy for Christians to follow personally, I would agree. If you mean that the law should officially reflect this, I would have to ask you to elaborate further on what that would entail.

This is a very bad idea. The founders wrote the establishment and free exercise clauses for a reason. History shows us that theocratic governments (at least those governed by humans who claim to speak for God) have a very poor track record when it comes to human rights. Under such a government, people who belong to other religions, or even other denominations of Christianity, would have their rights infringed upon. Maybe you don't care about that, but you should also consider what will happen if the group that gains power isn't the one you follow. I don't know what denomination you are, but think about what would happen if another church (one that you don't agree with) gained control of the government. Your rights would be curtailed - you would have to worship the way they told you to, you would have to defer to them on everything - this is why theocracy is bad. Until Jesus Christ Himself returns and establishes His kingdom on earth, I do not trust any government that claims to rule in the name of God. Because the people at the top will be corrupt.

Assuming that you mean what I think you mean, this also sounds like a bad idea. Why would you want to send civilians into war zones? That is a surefire way to get people killed.

'Hate speech' is a touchy issue. In the US, there are actually no laws against hate speech - only hate crimes. In order for someone to get in legal trouble for inciting hatred through speech, there must be a direct and immediate incitement to violence (for example, if someone said 'I hate black people, we would be better off if they were all dead', that's not illegal. But if they said 'go out and kill as many black people as you can, right now', that would).

So really, this is not so much a bad suggestion as an unnecessary one.

This is also a bad idea, for similar reasons as the second one. Just to start off with, not every student in public schools is Christian, and it's not the government's job to proselytize. If they ever tried to do this, they'd also have to allow rabbis, imams, even satanists in to preach to the kids as well, as the government is required to be neutral in terms of religion. If you want to abolish that and create a theocracy, well, see above.

This seems rather unclear. You have not explained what role these leaders would have. Are they advisors or policy makers? Also, many denominations are not going to agree on many pivotal points. Furthermore, how do you determine if someone is a prophet? Personally I am unconvinced that anyone today has the gift of prophecy, but assuming that they do, what will be the metric for determining that? Will there be studies done to determine which prophets make the most accurate prophecies? If so, why limit it only to Christians, if other people are (theoretically) able to make accurate predictions?

Again, I mistrust humans who are given political power because they claim to speak for God. They will inevitably abuse this power for their own ends. And what if your chosen prophets disagree? One might say that God wants us to to go war, and another might say that He doesn't. How do you determine who is correct?

Exclusively? Not only would this trample the rights of other citizens, but it would also greatly reduce the amount of people working for such agencies, so far fewer children would be helped.

Murder is already illegal. As for abortion, it would be ideal if it didn't happen, but passing a blanket ban would just lead to more illegal abortions, which are far more dangerous for the mother as well. The proven best way to reduce abortion is via comprehensive sex education and access to birth control.

They already are? But again, if you're implying that non-Christian religious organizations should not receive tax exemptions, that would again be an abuse of power.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. By any interpretation I can think of, it's already allowed.

Seems like a decent idea, but I have reservations. Why shouldn't this apply to all non-profit organizations, for example?

I am unsure about this. I definitely support charity, but encouraging people to rely on strangers instead of working for a living has its problems.

I am unaware of any such situations in the US.

As a national policy? I'm not sure the former would be practical - it might not be possible to feed everyone if no farming was done for an entire year. Our population, economy, and agriculture is significantly different from that of ancient Israel.

The United States of America is nor a corporation. Furthermore, you would have to completely throw out the Constitution to apply most of these as laws.

I agree with everything said more or less, except that the US I
is not a corporation.

The United States is categorically a commercial military corporation whose citizens are considered employees. Your SS number and birth certificate are your work visas and certificate of employment.

Also, look at your 2010 census (I still have mine for the transparency of the issue - and to personally show the incredulous) and you will see "[The United States of] America" is a registered trademark.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear fellow Christians,

This is highly imperative that this be done as God has put it on my heart to send a letter to the white house. I am asking for your Christian help in regards to such a thing.

In my opinion:

1) This plan is not from God, and most of it is not a good idea.

2) This plan shows a lack of awareness of how the USA works (the President can't just change the Constitution for example).

3) This plan cannot work for a host of practical reasons.

Upvote 0