Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's fine...I am not asking you to respond, it is not compulsory.

I am not ignoring the making of covenants.

You fail to grasp the nature of the covenant that G-d made with Abraham, you are fixated that the idea of a covenant has to be between two participating parties and that if one breaks it then that covenant is null and void, but you refuse to acknowledge that the covenant that G-d made with Abraham and his descendants was a one way deal...it was not reliant upon them and their faithfulness but rather on Him and His faithfulness.
Then why did God even bother removing them from the land Zeek?

The reason I won't continue this is it's come "full circle" haven't you noticed that. So it's best to just leave it as is.
G-d knew Israel would fail and eventually reject Him, in His foreknowledge their loss was our gain, but He has never taken His name from them and He has never taken the land of Israel from them.
You're still not acknowledging they BROKE THE COVENANT! If something broke it no longer functions Zeek. I have shown you where God clearly says they BROKE the covenant in Jeremiah 31 where God decides on a New Covenant.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The seed of ABraham of that covenant is those who believe and who are in Christ who is that seed.

IP, that is indisputably and undeniably correct.
Therefore it will be true believers that will inherit the holy Land. Psalm 37:9-11, Isaiah 49:22-23, Ezekiel 20:34-38, Matthew 5:5

But what you and Zeek refuse to countenance is the provable fact that most Christians are actually descendants of Jacob. To say Israel is just the Jews, is to deny the scriptures that say; Israel will 'be as many as the sands of the sea'.
Obviously the current inhabitants of all the holy Land are not who God ever intended to possess it forever. There WILL be a clean out. Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Hebrews 10:27

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You're still not acknowledging they BROKE THE COVENANT! If something broke it no longer functions Zeek. I have shown you where God clearly says they BROKE the covenant in Jeremiah 31 where God decides on a New Covenant. Quote Ebed.

May I suggest, Ebed, that you spend more time studying what the Bible really does say and less time posting false ideas of your own.
In Genesis 17 God made His Covenant with Abraham. Twice it is mentioned as an 'everlasting Covenant'. Individual descendants can be 'cut off', but that doesn't nullify the whole thing. Psalm 89:30-32, Jeremiah 33:25-26, Ezekiel 20:42-44

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're still not acknowledging they BROKE THE COVENANT! If something broke it no longer functions Zeek. I have shown you where God clearly says they BROKE the covenant in Jeremiah 31 where God decides on a New Covenant. Quote Ebed.

May I suggest, Ebed, that you spend more time studying what the Bible really does say and less time posting false ideas of your own.
In Genesis 17 God made His Covenant with Abraham. Twice it is mentioned as an 'everlasting Covenant'. Individual descendants can be 'cut off', but that doesn't nullify the whole thing. Psalm 89:30-32, Jeremiah 33:25-26, Ezekiel 20:42-44
You need to do that Keras...let's examine ho many times God said they would BREAK...OR that they BROKE the covenant:

Lev 26:15:
15 if, instead, you reject My statutes, and if your soul abhors My ordinances so as not to carry out all My commandments, and so break My covenant,

Deuteronomy 31:16;
The Lord said to Moses, “Behold, you are about to lie down with your fathers; and this people will arise and play the harlot with the strange gods of the land, into the midst of which they are going, and will forsake Me and break My covenant which I have made with them.

Deuteronomy 31:20
For when I bring them into the land flowing with milk and honey, which I swore to their fathers, and they have eaten and are satisfied and become prosperous, then they will turn to other gods and serve them, and spurn Me and break My covenant.

This is the problem with not reading what scripture says, but reading what you want it to say Keras.

Watch Jeremoah 31:31:
31 “Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,
32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.

The purpose of the New Covenant is that THEY BROKE the Old Covenant.

You're found wanting again!

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do not deny that most of the ancient Israelites broke their Covenant with God. But not all did. 1 Kings19:18 I keep seven thousand in Israel who have not bowed their knee to the Baal.
Did you look up Psalm 89:30-32, Jeremiah 33:25-26, Ezekiel 20:42-44 ? They make it clear that although the people become unfaithful, God will not break His promises.
Those promises to His chosen people will be fulfilled: Almighty God has sworn it!
Again, Ebed fails to see the truth!

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do not deny that most of the ancient Israelites broke their Covenant with God. But not all did. 1 Kings19:18 I keep seven thousand in Israel who have not bowed their knee to the Baal.
Did you look up Psalm 89:30-32, Jeremiah 33:25-26, Ezekiel 20:42-44 ? They make it clear that although the people become unfaithful, God will not break His promises.
Those promises to His chosen people will be fulfilled: Almighty God has sworn it!
Again, Ebed fails to see the truth!
Keras...you're building a straw man now. God always has a remant that is faithful to Him.

How does what you're saying change the fact that the New Covenant makes the Old obsolete?

God told you they broke it...it's OVER! There's a new covenant! God's is quite merciful here...He doesn't have to do a New Covenant...in His mercy...HE DOES!

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's all about Is 42. God does keep a covenant and the covenant is Christ (v6). But even the recipients are a new set of people. There are Gentiles too, but the people who benefit are those who are blind and in darkness and in a captivity and from Israel.

Is 42 is the answer to people who think that God still needs to keep a land or Judaic promise even to the most unrighteous of Israel, because they are certainly there in the chapter. They have been around: they have been punished by God once and they still don't understand. So what good will another do, and why should we expect another favored-nation period for Israel when that has been tried after the Babylonian captivity.

It also sets up the finality of the DofJ. Why repeat all of that a 3rd time, counting the DofJ as the 2nd? Why else would Jesus say that the DofJ was punishment based on all that was written?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums