• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God or OCD

Alex Ma

Aug 28, 2018
Plano
✟7,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello!

I don't know much of the bible, however from the little I read I feel like this is God. I do have OCD however. I promised God that somebody else can take my talents and etc. I regret saying that. Since then, I have been begging him to give it back. I had to do things for his such making calls or contacting the person in a repatative manner. It did not end up the way it was supposed to so now I don't know how to get what I want back. Is this God or OCD?

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God writes the book of your life before you are born. He has every day of your life planned. We can never mess up so bad that God can not restore us to His plan and purpose. You can not give away your gifts and talents. WE need to use them to bring God Honor and Glory. The gifts of God are irrevocable. Even if we do not use them to honor God, He still does not take them away from us. It has been suggested that OCD people want perfection. This is good because God wants perfection also. Only with God perfection means to be mature and to bear fruit. Love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. If we do not produce fruit worthy of repentance then we are cut down and thrown into the fire.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The fruit of the Spirit are in the lives if those who have been given faith in Christ, but that fruit begins a little at a time. We don't produce the fruit apart from God; it comes from God. We love Him and follow Him and obey Him. Our repentance comes from the love He has blessed us with.

1 John 4
19 We love Him because He first loved us.
Bible study helps us grow and we find comfort because God loves us so much.
Christian Bible Avatar.gif

Christians have the imputed righteousness of Christ. He took our sins upon Him and He will complete the work He began in us. Christians are NOT going to hell.

Upvote 0