✟480,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi sisters and brothers.

For the last 2 years (not exactly), the presence of the Holy Spirit left. I am no longer full of Him. Which obviously hurts a lot.

God no longer works on me to appear in character to Jesus. Which hurts.

I have not committed serious sins or sins that I have not repented of. I already asked the Lord to reveal to me where I failed him. But I got no answer.

If anyone has a word for me, I would appreciate it.
Thats good you asked God to reveal your sins to you and its something we are called to do in scripture. Sin is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4 and Paul points right to the Ten Commandments to define sin. Romans 7:7 found in Exodus 20

How is your devotional life? Do you spend a lot time in His Word reading scripture and praying? How much time do you spend on secular entertainment which is a direct connection to the other spirit. I know when I had one foot in the world and one in Christ, I was not doing the things that God wanted for me. What we surround ourselves with is the direction we end up heading. The way to change our destination is to change our ways. Seek God first and His kingdom and don't give up hope! Keep asking God to reveal to you His will.

God bless!

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
God is always around you, in all things, in your waking breath each morning. Read your bible a bit each day, give simple thanks for all that you receive and for your gift of being able to help others and to reflect God’s glory in all you do. Do these things not to “fix” your current situation, but because you are in Christ and that you are being given this as an opportunity to demonstrate your belief - not just when you feel the obvious illumination of his presence but in times when his face shines less clearly too.

Reactions: carolina16
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I regret having exposed the topic. Sorry, please.
Take some time to read this - free online book. Immerse yourself in the life of Christ via this easy to read book. It will give you a clearer picture of what Christ is actually doing in your life.

Desire of Ages

Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟96,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @carolina16

For the last 2 years (not exactly), the presence of the Holy Spirit left. I am no longer full of Him. Which obviously hurts a lot.

I understand your pain and frustration. I think we've all been there once or more times in our walk!

It's important to remember that the lives of the Patriarchs and Prophets' that are chronicled in the Bible are by no means a 'day-by-day' or even 'year-by-year' account. It would be unwise to say that Abraham or Ezekiel heard from Yahweh every day, week, month or year of their life. In fact, I would even argue decade in some instances. They seemed to go long periods between hearing from Him. Consider that deeply.

I don't think it's reasonable for us to expect guidance and spiritual closeness to the Messiah or the Holy Spirit all the time. On the contrary, I think those pleasant times are going to be minimal in our lives, unless we are chosen for a specific mission. One day we will be close as wish, but now is not the time.

So then, what are we to do? Exactly what we have been taught to do in the Bible, from the OT to the NT. The Bible IS our daily guidance and closeness to Him. Now, if we don't feel spiritually close to Yahweh and we have clean consciences towards Him, then we should carry on with a "business as usual" attitude. Serving as wise and loyal servants until we are called upon (if indeed we are).

Our walk is not about feelings or getting a daily one-to-one from Jesus. Rather, it's about what we choose to do with our lives, our choices and each day. And sometimes Yahweh can only see how we do things when He removes His presence from us to simply observe. How will you react in the face of adversity? How will you react when it doesn't seem like God hears you? How we you react when everything goes against you and it's easier for you lash out? How is your love towards Him when you don't 'feel' anything spiritually back? In those times your faith is truly tested for its worth. For what glory is it for you if you only sing His praises and walk righteously when you feel close to Him? But is it not worthy of reward if you remain righteous, diligent and faith even though you feel distant from Him?

Accept the distance, walk righteously, circumspectly and prepare your mind with the Word and heart for a wilderness pilgrimage. I assure, you haven't escaped His knowledge. So make Him proud and carry on, business as usual.

The Psalms are full of moments when the Psalmist feels far from Yahweh, but the author will not forget to praise Him and lift Him high. I recommend you read Psalm 42, which has also brought me much peace the more I meditated and reread it in such times. It's like the 'blues for a Christian'. For those moments you feel like you are far from Him, dust yourself off and ask yourself, like Psalm 42 does, "Why are you so downcast, o my soul! Hope in God!"

Peace.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The LORDS Holy Spirit is always working within us, even when it doesn't feel like it, he's most definitely working. that's when he's working the hardest within us when we don't feel it. Praise GOD and Stay in Prayer. GOD Bless you and keep you always.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fact that this bothers you shows that He in fact is still with you.
It is only when you no longer care that there is trouble. There is no natural tendency to seek God or even care about Him. If you care, and if you hurt, then He is working with you.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
E-W79frVUAcqrIh.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums