Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Dear Stan, That is the theology of ancient men who lived thousands of years Before Science. Do you still follow their views?
In Love,
Aman

The BIBLE is not the VIEWS of men, it is God's inspired word. He said 6 days and I believe it. I also believe what Paul teaches in 2 Tim 3:16-17;
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
What is of import here as that he was actually referring to the OT, although I believe it also applies to the NT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
As I said NOT the topic here.

Dear Stan, Sure it is since it is found in Genesis chapter one, which you claim is in the past. This view does NOT agree with Scripture which tells us WHEN every living creature becomes a Vegetarian, and it's in the FUTURE. Would you like Chapter and Verse?

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The BIBLE is not the VIEWS of men, it is God's inspired word. He said 6 days and I believe it. How is it you call yourself a Christian?

Dear Stan, I agree and I'm a Christian because I have been born again Spiritually. This is possible ONLY because God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are STILL working today. Your view doesn't agree with Genesis 2:1-3 which tells us that God rests from ALL of His work of Creating on the 7th Day, which is future to the present time.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The BIBLE is not the VIEWS of men, it is God's inspired word. He said 6 days and I believe it. How is it you call yourself a Christian?

Same way any of the followers of the over 33,000 denominations also call them Christians. It's one of the earmarks of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Stan, though Aman's beliefs may seem to be very strange according to the rules of the forum you are not to question a person's Christian status.

And remember worldwide most Christians accept the theory of evolution. They do not take the 6 days literally.

As a mod trainee you should know that your Christianity is not necessarily the Christianity of others.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe to you, but NOT to me. Please don't assume I don't know anything.
What is the basis for your conjecture here. How many world wide floods have been studied?
Not a fact based on what I have read.

I am sorry, but you really cannot know anything if you believe that the fossil record is a result of a global flood. I am not being disrespectful when I am saying a simple fact. You have been listening to lying sources. The first source that you listed was guilty of a classic sin of creationists. It quote mined several sources. Quote mining is a form of bearing false witness. They quote out of context to try to make it look like the person being quoted believes something that they do not believe. For example I can quote mine the Bible. The Bible says "There is no God." Those words are taken directly from the Bible. Now if I tried to claim that is what the Bible meant I would be guilty of quote mining. The entire quote says just the opposite. The same applies to the quotes of evolutionary scientists in your OP here.

Upvote 0

Dizredux

Dec 20, 2013
✟10,521.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Dear Stan, Sure it is since it is found in Genesis chapter one, which you claim is in the past. This view does NOT agree with Scripture which tells us WHEN every living creature becomes a Vegetarian, and it's in the FUTURE. Would you like Chapter and Verse?
In Love,
Aman

The topic is creation in Genesis, NOT Genesis. Feel free to start you own thread about that issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Dear Stan, I agree and I'm a Christian because I have been born again Spiritually. This is possible ONLY because God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are STILL working today. Your view doesn't agree with Genesis 2:1-3 which tells us that God rests from ALL of His work of Creating on the 7th Day, which is future to the present time.
In Love,
Aman

Then why call the Bible writings of men? I didn't say God stopped from doing works, I said He rested from creating. God hasn't created anything since.
Genesis is in the PAST, not the future.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Stan, though Aman's beliefs may seem to be very strange according to the rules of the forum you are not to question a person's Christian status.

And remember worldwide most Christians accept the theory of evolution. They do not take the 6 days literally.

As a mod trainee you should know that your Christianity is not necessarily the Christianity of others.

Well I wasn't.

That is not true

On you on staff here? NO. So please let the staff do the training. Your opinion in this regard is not relevant.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then why call the Bible writings of men? I didn't say God stopped from doing works, I said He rested from creating. God hasn't created anything since.
Genesis is in the PAST, not the future.

Because it is clear that the Bible is a work of man.

It does not even say that the Bible is perfect. I have not seen a verse yet that claims that. I have seen verses that say the Bible is a positive source, but you don't have to be perfect to supply valuable lessons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I am sorry, but you really cannot know anything if you believe that the fossil record is a result of a global flood. I am not being disrespectful when I am saying a simple fact. You have been listening to lying sources. The first source that you listed was guilty of a classic sin of creationists. It quote mined several sources. Quote mining is a form of bearing false witness. They quote out of context to try to make it look like the person being quoted believes something that they do not believe. For example I can quote mine the Bible. The Bible says "There is no God." Those words are taken directly from the Bible. Now if I tried to claim that is what the Bible meant I would be guilty of quote mining. The entire quote says just the opposite. The same applies to the quotes of evolutionary scientists in your OP here.

Although I don't equate atheists with liars, I am much more dubious about their track record when it comes to stating facts than Christians, as there is no moral center to reach for, most have a very existential philosophy of life. Recognizing truth is a spiritual matter, not one of peer review.
Accusing some of lying when you have no absolute proof is nothing more than rabble rousing.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Because it is clear that the Bible is a work of man.
It does not even say that the Bible is perfect. I have not seen a verse yet that claims that. I have seen verses that say the Bible is a positive source, but you don't have to be perfect to supply valuable lessons.

Again your POV, NOT fact.

2 Tim 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Creation Education Center describes themselves as a ministry.
It usually is not a very good idea to go to a ministry site for science nor a science site for religion. You may not get accurate information from either as that is not their area of expertise.
Dizredux

That comes with an assumption that believers are not also scientists.

You know what is said about assuming?

Upvote 0

biggles53

Mar 5, 2008
Pottsville, NSW, Australia
✟10,841.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Again your POV, NOT fact.

2 Tim 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

That verse was written by a man, offering his point of view....

Anything else is conjecture...

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Same way any of the followers of the over 33,000 denominations also call them Christians. It's one of the earmarks of Christianity.

Calling yourself a Christian is not an earmark, it is a fact, misunderstanding or a lie. Only God knows for sure which. This sites SOF makes it clear what it is considered here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.