Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
How did he keep the light from piercing the water canopy?

I don't think He did. How far down can you go now in the ocean before you don't see light? There is the "dysphotic" zone where hardly any light is seen and the "aphotic" zone where no light is seen. Based on that, you can figure out for yourself how thick this water canopy was. It also explains why life was much longer then and temperate over ALL the earth. It also explains the big changes AFTER the flood when all this water was released onto the earth.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Am I dreaming, or did somebody just say there is a heavenly sea just above our heads?
I suppose the apollo astronauts must have gone for a swim, rather than to the moon.

No, you're NOT dreaming, you're just not reading with comprehension.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
My beef is that they lied about what the quote actually said. If you don't have a problem with them lying about what Gould said then I guess there is no point in discussing with you how they took the quote out of context as well.

That much is obvious, but you have NOT proven it.

Reactions: 14messenger
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't think He did. How far down can you go now in the ocean before you don't see light? There is the "dysphotic" zone where hardly any light is seen and the "aphotic" zone where no light is seen. Based on that, you can figure out for yourself how thick this water canopy was. It also explains why life was much longer then and temperate over ALL the earth. It also explains the big changes AFTER the flood when all this water was released onto the earth.

Once again, there was no flood. I would be more than happy to discuss with you why we know this fact.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
In fact the universe was created on day one.

Dear Stan, UnScriptural, since the FIRST Universe was made on Day 2. Gen 1:6-8 Also, the earth was without form and empty since there was NO Potter to mould the clay, and darkness or death was upon everything which God created, BEFORE the FIRST Day. That is WHY God's first words were Let there be Light, and Jesus came forth from the Father to form the Earth, which was not made until the 3rd Day. Jesus also came forth to defeat the darkness.

Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

What God did in day four was allow the light itself to pierce the water canopy He created in day two by separating the waters from the waters.

UnScriptural, since it is nothing more than the flawed view of ancient men who were trying to understand what the Supreme Intelligence was saying to them. Day four is when God made the Sun, Moon, and Stars to provide Light and Time for our Universe, which was made the 3rd Day. Science confirms that the Stars did NOT form nor put forth their Light until Hundreds of Millions of years AFTER the Big Bang, which was on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Dear Stan, UnScriptural, since the FIRST Universe was made on Day 2. Gen 1:6-8 Also, the earth was without form and empty since there was NO Potter to mould the clay, and darkness or death was upon everything which God created, BEFORE the FIRST Day. That is WHY God's first words were Let there be Light, and Jesus came forth from the Father to form the Earth, which was not made until the 3rd Day. Jesus also came forth to defeat the darkness.
Gen 1:10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
UnScriptural, since it is nothing more than the flawed view of ancient men who were trying to understand what the Supreme Intelligence was saying to them. Day four is when God made the Sun, Moon, and Stars to provide Light and Time for our Universe, which was made the 3rd Day. Science confirms that the Stars did NOT form nor put forth their Light until Hundreds of Millions of years AFTER the Big Bang, which was on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4
In Love,
Aman

Obviously you accept the GAP theory which is not actually shown in Genesis. You understanding of how the narrative flows needs to be adjusted.
Gen 1:1 is a synopsis of the beginning of the narrative.
Gen 1:2 to 2:3 is the actual details of creation
Gen 2:4-25 details the creation of man.
Gen 3:1 takes up the narrative is a chronological fashion.

Again you reject the inspiration of God's Word by stating it is nothing more than ancient men's understanding. Moses was INSPIRED, He didn't write this of his OWN knowledge.
Science does NOT tell us what reality is, God does.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Obviously you accept the GAP theory which is not actually shown in Genesis.

The problem for you is that the evidence does not fit a young Earth.

Science studies reality. The Bible is not God.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

I have offered to go over why we know there was no flood and it seems that he either has me on ignore or does not wish to deal with reality.

My question, why even post if you are going to ignore all of the answers given to you?

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals

IMO the so-called evidence is flawed.
Science studies what it thinks is reality. Some times, actually most times, it get's it right. They still haven't managed to get it right in this scenario, AND
supporters don't do any better in understanding the issue.
True, God inspired the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Science studies what it thinks is reality. Some times, actually most times, it get's it right. They still haven't managed to get it right in this scenario, AND

How is the evidence flawed? Why do you think that scientists are wrong? Is it simply because reality does not agree with your interpretation of the Bible?

Upvote 0

SMA12

Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom
May 24, 2012
✟15,509.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Dear SMA12, It's because the first 3 Days or Ages is showing the formation of Adam's world, which was totally destroyed in the Flood. Isa 24:19 The last 3 Days are speaking of the present world which began on the 3rd Day with the Big
Bang. Gen 2:4

Adam's world was Flat and did NOT have a Sun, Moon, nor Stars, and it was lighted by Jesus since He is Brighter than the Noonday Sun. Act 22:6 He also provides the Light for New Jerusalem in the 3rd Heaven, which has NO Sun nor Moon. Rev 21:23 It's all a misunderstanding of ancient men's flawed views of what Genesis is actually teaching. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Was Adam not created after the sun and the moon? I don't understand your timeline.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Then demonstrate that it is flawed.

Science studies what it thinks is reality. Some times, actually most times, it get's it right. They still haven't managed to get it right in this scenario,

Then show us the evidence they are ignoring.

Then help us understand it.

True, God inspired the bible.

Says who? A man?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
My question, why even post if you are going to ignore all of the answers given to you?

All we can do is hold a light to the willful ignorance displayed by creationists in order to educate those who are still willing to use reason and logic.

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
Then demonstrate that it is flawed.
Then show us the evidence they are ignoring.
Then help us understand it.
Says who? A man?

I have, and it is NOT accepted. I have no desire to constantly repeat myself.
Seems opining is more accepted on this thread than actual evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
That much is obvious, but you have NOT proven it.
What?

I showed you specifically how they lied about Gould's quote.

This is what they said the quote was;

"We have long known about stasis and abrupt appearance, but have chosen to fob it off upon an imperfect fossil record."

Notice the fact that they have capitalized the word "We" and placed a period at the end of the sentence. This implies that this is the full and complete sentence by Gould. It is not.

This is what the quote ACTUALLY was;

"Just as we have long known about stasis and abrupt appearance, but have chosen to fob it off up on an imperfect fossil record, so too have we long recognized the rapid, if not sudden, turnover of faunas in episodes of mass extinction."

When you can acknowledge they lied about Gould's quote, we can discuss how it was taken out of context (even though I provided a link to the explanation of HOW it was taken out of context here Quote #31).

Upvote 0

stan1953

Mar 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
✟3,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
What?

I showed you specifically how they lied about Gould's quote.

This is what they said the quote was;

"We have long known about stasis and abrupt appearance, but have chosen to fob it off upon an imperfect fossil record."

Notice the fact that they have capitalized the word "We" and placed a period at the end of the sentence. This implies that this is the full and complete sentence by Gould. It is not.

This is what the quote ACTUALLY was;

"Just as we have long known about stasis and abrupt appearance, but have chosen to fob it off up on an imperfect fossil record, so too have we long recognized the rapid, if not sudden, turnover of faunas in episodes of mass extinction."

When you can acknowledge they lied about Gould's quote, we can discuss how it was taken out of context (even though I provided a link to the explanation of HOW it was taken out of context here Quote #31).

and your view is WRONG.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Obviously you accept the GAP theory which is not actually shown in Genesis. You understanding of how the narrative flows needs to be adjusted.

Dear Stan, Not so, since the Gap Theory states that the time between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 is a Gap of undetermined time. My view has NO Gaps but agrees with Scripture Literally and shows that Scripture, Science, and History agree in EVERY way. I also show that the traditional, religious, view of ancient men is False, since it CANNOT be supported Scripturally.

Gen 1:1 is a synopsis of the beginning of the narrative.

Could be, but it doesn't explain the air, dust, and water, which is a part of EVERYthing which is formed physically. Neither does it explain WHY there was darkness or death upon EVERYthing which God created. It does explain WHY water was NOT created but came from the heaven (Heb-air) which was created in Gen 1:1 BEFORE the first Day.

Gen 1:2 to 2:3 is the actual details of creation

Not quite. Gen 1:1-Gen 2:3 tells of the Creation of the Pefect Heaven, which is NOT yet complete. We live today at Gen 1:27 since God is STILL creating Adam (Heb-mankind) in His Image which IS Christ. We will NOT advance to the Prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 until AFTER Jesus comes Back to this Earth. Isaiah 11 shows that "every living creature" will become a Vegetarian and fulfill the Prophecy of Gen 1:28-31 at that time, at the end of the present 6th Day, the Day of Salvation. 2Cr 6:2

Gen 2:4-25 details the creation of man.

Close, but incomplete. Gen 2:4-17 shows that Adam was made on the THIRD Day, the SAME Day the first Earth was made Gen 1:10 BUT Before the plants and herbs GREW on the THIRD Day. Gen 1:12 Gen 2:8-9 confirms this and shows that TREES, which were made on the THIRD Day, Gen 1:12 were made AFTER Adam was formed of the dust of the ground.

Adam was ALL alone on the 6th Day until Jesus made the beasts of the field and birds and Adam named them. Gen 2:19 This was at the command of God in Gen 1:24 on the 5th Day. Jesus then made Eve on the 6th Day in order that Adam not be alone. Gen 2:22

Gen 3:1 takes up the narrative is a chronological fashion.

Close again, but Adam's age is not yet being counted. This happens AFTER Cain kills Abel and Adam and Eve are Born Again Spiritually in Gen 5:1-2. Then Adam's age starts being counted chronologically.

Again you reject the inspiration of God's Word by stating it is nothing more than ancient men's understanding.

False, since only God could have known and gotten EVERY scientific fact discovered, correct at the time. NO man could have possibly done this 3k years ago. The traditional, religious understanding is what ancient man thought and that has been accepted as Truth, but it is totally wrong.

Moses was INSPIRED, He didn't write this of his OWN knowledge.

Amen. Moses could NOT have known that God made 3 Heavens which is shown in Gen 1:6-8 AND Gen 2:4. It's proof of God and also destroys the Lie of the False Theory of Evolution, since Humans (descendants of Adam) did NOT evolve from ANY other Creature since Adam was FIRST made, long BEFORE the first Stars of our Universe. Gen 2:4-7 Adam was made the 3rd Day and the first Stars of our world were made the 4th. Gen 1:16

[/quote]

Amen, BUT Science agrees in EVERY way with Genesis. The odd man out is the False ToE, and that is why I'm here. I'm here to proclaim that Humans did NOT evolve from Apes as is being forced upon our children in the Public Schools. That's God's Truth. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0

Queller

I'm where?
May 25, 2012
✟45,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Was Adam not created after the sun and the moon? I don't understand your timeline.
According to Aman777 Adam was "formed" on day 3 (by Jesus alone). He then sat around for 9 BILLION years doing nothing but watching God/Jesus/The Holy Trinity create/form the rest of the universe.

Don't believe me? Here is a post from another thread where I pieced together the timeline of creation according to Aman777

In the next post Aman777 clarified and corrected the timeline. Notice he NEVER ONCE corrected me about the amount of time from when Adam was formed until the end of Day 5 of creation. So even if Adam was formed on the last day of the last year of Day 3 (which he couldn't have been according to Aman777) he still sat around with little to nothing to do but watch the universe and all life be created for 9 BILLION years.

ETA: Adam being "formed" is a different process that Adam being "created in the image of God."

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I have, and it is NOT accepted.

That's because you are wrong.

Seems opining is more accepted on this thread than actual evidence.

IronyMeter1.gif

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.