One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God made me a priest. I am not working as such. I hope I can help you.

All Christians are king, priest and prophet in Christ. It means that you rule the truth along side Him, and you pray for the fallen, and you tell them the truth of God's love.

In this way we serve as living stones in His Building God's abode.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You are a priest?

Hmm. Is there a canonical Eastern Orthodox Church of Croatia? I know the Nazi-affiliated Ustashe tried to make a Croatian national 'Orthodox' church, but I didn't think it lasted beyond WWII.

Are you a priest in the Serbian Orthodox Church within Croatia, then? Sorry if that's intrusive. I just don't understand.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This doesn't matter, I hope I can help you this way.

I would imagine it matters quite a bit, since that's how you prove anything you say with regard to your canonical place within the Eastern Orthodox Church which you've claimed to be a priest in. o_O

It'd be like if I claimed to be a surgeon, but was evasive about having graduated from medical school (when, from which university, etc). That would be very strange behavior, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would imagine it matters quite a bit, since that's how you prove anything you say with regard to your canonical place within the Eastern Orthodox Church which you've claimed to be a priest in. o_O

It'd be like if I claimed to be a surgeon, but was evasive about having graduated from medical school (when, from which university, etc). That would be very strange behavior, wouldn't it?

I said our bishop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,698.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I said our bishop.
Who is your bishop?
I ask because we have an old 'friend' we refer to as "bishop draperod" who goes by the name of Dr Chief Alexander Swift Eagle Justice and claims to be Metropolitan of the Imperial Holy Orthodox Synod of the Holy Orthodox Church of All Russia and Appointed Chief Patriarch for United States - California, Mexico and for ALL Latin American Countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,698.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I answered.
You didn't give your bishop's name. We don't know if your bishop is Orthodox, schismatic or one of those pretend bishops like I mentioned above in my edited post.
It is unfortunate that we cannot simply accept your claim at face value, but as the Apostle Paul stated in Acts 20:29-30, there are many wolves who seek to take sheep from the fold of the Church.

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
New American Standard Bible
"But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

I just borrowed this from Bible Hub. All of you, stop and think hard on what is being implied by the apostle Peter here! He is talking about the new Israel, made up of those whose spirit has been brought to life by God....the true Israel, the spiritual Israel, the Israel of God.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,698.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 5:10 says we are all priests ....

New American Standard Bible
"But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."

I just borrowed this from Bible Hub. All of you, stop and think hard on what is being implied by the apostle Peter here! He is talking about the new Israel, made up of those whose spirit has been brought to life by God....the true Israel, the spiritual Israel, the Israel of God.
You are posting in the Eastern Orthodox subforum.

The Church established by Christ had bishops and priests before all the books of the New Testament were written, let alone collected in one volume as we know it today. There is much more to the faith handed down than the Gospels and Epistles. They are only properly understood in the context of the Church, which is the "pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Tim 3:15)

• Winner
Reactions: Hermit76
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Church established by Christ had bishops and priests before all the books of the New Testament were written, let alone collected in one volume as we know it today. There is much more to the faith handed down than the Gospels and Epistles.

The Church established by Christ had bishops and priests before all the books of the New Testament were written, let alone collected in one volume as we know it today. There is much more to the faith handed down than the Gospels and Epistles. They are only properly understood in the context of the Church, which is the "pillar and ground of the truth" (1 Tim 3:15)

1 Corinthians 3:16 says we are the temple of God...

Upvote 0

Tony B

Oct 7, 2018
Tin Can Bay, Queensland
✟28,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's your opinion, and one I disagree with. The OP said he was made a priest by God, and you have decided that it can't be. I, and more particularly the Spirit behind scripture, has said that if he is a member of Israel, albeit an adopted one, then he is a priest. Therefore he would be right, you would be wrong.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Guests, please remember that you are posting in the Orthodox congregational sub-forum! Here you may not promote or teach ideas that contradict the teachings of the Orthodox Church!

I'm skeptical about people offering priestly services online. It's not our way. I want to see a person talking like an Orthodox priest for a LONG time online before I'll begin to trust that maybe he is a priest. Language is not an issue for me, but ideas in conflict with our Tradition definitely is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.