God led me to the Strip Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are people who believe they died and went to heaven. They accept these visions as proof that they are of God. However, one has to ignore Scripture in order to accept these visions as being from God. Can a person preach the gospel along with these visions? Sure they can. Can some even be saved? Yes, absolutely. But that does not mean these believers are 100% correct in their tactics in reaching people for Christ. There is a right way and a wrong way to reach people for Jesus. Yes, a person can still be saved, but at what cost? Will the person who was saved also think it is okay to indulge in the error of how they were evangelized? What if a person struggles with sexual sin and they decide (after accepting Christ) to go to strip clubs to evangelize and they go deeper into sin again and forget all about Jesus? Such a thing would not be good (of course).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say that?

Then why would Christ who is holy be around evil while it is happening and do nothing?
Why would God's people do so for that matter?
A person letting horrible sin take place around them is a person's stamp of approval on such a thing.

Dave W said:
And yet our Lord went to the sinners where they were and even had a reputation for being a friend of tax gatherers and sinners.

There is a difference to meeting up with a sinner at a coffee shop to talk versus hanging out with them while they are at a sex and drug party doing horrible sins around you. Your being there for a significant length of time and not saying anything would be your approval upon such a thing.

Dave W said:
That is what the Pharisees said. In fact the word "Pharisees" [Aramaic: P'rushim] meant "separate ones."

Actually, it is from the Bible.

Paul says,

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you" (2 Corinthians 6:17).

"That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" (Philippians 2:15).

Peter says,

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:" (1 Peter 2:9).

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What kept coming to mind for me is what has been previously asked here:

Did he tell his wife that night that he had the unction from God to go to a strip club to evangelize to someone?

Why did he spend the night?

And in the same room?

Thank you kindly.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Pilgrim
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In post 29 I related 3 different stories. Real people and real situations.

Can you show in any (or all) of them what "sinful activity" they did?

That is not a response to my question.

It is pragmatic to use the "end justifies the means" argument and is not a Biblical principle. That is what is being implied in the post I asked my question to.

• Winner
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet our Lord went to the sinners where they were and even had a reputation for being a friend of tax gatherers and sinners.

But He never condoned, promoted or got involved in their sin. He commanded them to repent.

That is what the Pharisees said. In fact the word "Pharisees" [Aramaic: P'rushim] meant "separate ones."

That may be true, but the Pharisees were "white washed tombs". The were not separated from the world unto God. Jesus called the Pharisees "hypocrites" and "blind guides". He always speaks the truth.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once upon a time some years ago I had the pleasure of becoming friends with a neighbor of mine. I'll call her Daisy. Daisy, was so nice and so chatty. She was a fully recovered drug addict and former stripper/prostitute that was now going to school to better her education and do productive things for herself in life. In talking to her I learned a lot about what she went through and in knowing me I introduced her to a new level of understanding as it pertains to Christianity.

In sharing that with her, she immediately shares how she too believes in Jesus and has been seeking Him too. How she began her journey...is what inspired the topic of this thread. When she was in her addiction she was a stripper at one time and one night on one of her shifts a man came in and actually EVANGELIZED to her. My mouth dropped. I can't quite remember all the details of how that went down but I will try and remember the best I can.

I believe she said that the man offered to buy a dance and when she was about to he then sort of made conversation with her, but the dance wasn't happening yet. She opened up to him and shared that she really had no where to go really. Just trying to make some money to stay in a motel or whatever. The man offers her a ride to a motel. The whole time though, he's PREACHING JESUS to her!! They get to the motel and I believe she said that he actually stayed there with her for the NIGHT!! They did NOT have sex.

When she told me this she repeated the conversation she had with him years later because I believe they kept in contact. She then asked him what made him do it? What made him come to a STRIP CLUB to evangelize to HER?! His answer was as follows..

" I was in my bed, my wife sleeping next to me..and for some reason I just felt like God woke me up and moved on me to go to the Strip Club. For a while I was just shaking the thought away because surely God isn't telling me to go to a Strip Club. I'm a married man!! with KIDS!! "

Basically he was saying that for a while he was really trying to ignore this sudden thought and impulse but for some reason it grew stronger and stronger to go to this Strip Club. Eventually he said that he felt that God was for some reason LEADING Him to talk to someone at the Strip Club and that someone happened to be my friend Daisy.

Daisy at that time as I already stated was in her addiction and her life was just out of wack. For this man to obey THAT WORD? And to now see the fruit of that YEARS later...a woman who is now SOBER...GOING TO SCHOOL...and still SEEKING GOD?...leads me to ask all of you a few questions..

Is this....biblical?
Is this...sound Faith?
Is this...God led...or Man led?

Obviously the only one that can really answer that question is the man that went to the strip club that evangelized to my friend Daisy but man I tell you what...

That is some BOLD FAITH right there. Feel free to post a comment or start a discussion cause this to me is one of the most amazing yet controversial acts of Faith I've ever heard. But I can not deny the fruit...Daisy is SEEKING GOD and is no longer a drug addict.

Because an Evangelist...went to the Strip Club.

Preachers (who are not exactly correct in the way they do things) can still lead people to the Lord. There is no disputing that. A prosperity preacher on TV can lead a person to Jesus. But believing the prosperity gospel is where you then run into problems.

This man was absolutely not called by God to go into a sinful situation to witness.
God's Word says not to have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather to reprove them.
A person paying money to enter a strip club (endorsing the strip club industry of sin), and then being a part of that sinful environment by not speaking out against such a thing (in the fact that is wrong and sinful) is like placing your stamp of approval upon such a sin (as being okay). For if you seen a young girl get abused in front of you, would you say and do nothing?
God's people are called to speak out against sin and they are not to be timid and shy about the reality of sin and how it can destroy people's lives. Being around sinful situations itself is destructive. You put garbage in and you get garbage back out. That would be like Bob watching sinful movies (like Faces of Death and inappropriate content films) so as to relate to his friends better just so that they can warm up to the idea about Jesus. Sorry. God calls us to be holy and separate from this sinful world. There will be no sin in Heaven or on the Eternal New Earth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then why would Christ who is holy be around evil while it is happening and do nothing?
I noticed no comment on Our Lord's words in John 8.

Let me set the stage:

Feast: Sukkot or Feast of tabernacles. Just after Feast of Trumpets and the Day of Atonement. Josephus described Sukkot as a week long party that lasted all day and all night. The torches on the Temple Mount lit up the city all night as bright as mid-day. All the men from the whole country are in Jerusalem for the week and living in 3 sided booths. The talmudic authors presented the case that in the decades leading up to the destruction of the temple (70 ad) that prostitution was rampant and visible for all to see at Sukkot. (with the booths being open and all) So while the woman taken in the act of adultery may have not been that close to Jesus' booth, she may have actually been close enough for Him to hear and see everything. Certainly just walking down the street would have been quite the show for everyone. Somewhere about 30 years before the temple was destroyed (circa 40 ad) it got so bad they had to shut the celebration down. THis was a rare occasion where both the temple priests (Sadducees) and the synagogue Rabbis (Pharisees) agreed on something.

That was the setting for the woman being brought to him by the Pharisees where He did not condemn her but told her to go and sin no more.

• Agree
Reactions: Questore
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But He never condoned, promoted or got involved in their sin. He commanded them to repent.
Indeed He did. Right in the midst of their sin.

• Agree
Reactions: Questore
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
He told the woman to "go and sin no more." Jn 8.11
Jesus didn't go into a strip club though.

There is a difference between eating with tax collectors, talking to a prostitute, being in the same vicinity as sinners, etc vs lying to your wife, going into a place where you are going to see people stripping... dancing with her and staying in the same room with her all night long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DolphinsDream

Aug 8, 2012
Kansas
✟16,053.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Personally, it's my opinion in that situation it is likely the whole thing started with God allowing Satan to test the man. He wakes up, and doesn't realize it's Satan driving him to go to the strip club. God knew in advance that the man would go. Doesn't the Bible say that what the enemy intends for evil, God will in turn use for His glory?

I realize Jesus would likely be in places where many who need Him desperately are. But it's tough for me to imagine Jesus calling a man who is married - who has made a vow to his wife to forsake all others - away from her in the night to a place where there is nudity.

Now, that said, the man needed to follow what he truly believed God is calling him to do. Because even if it wasn't a call of the Holy Spirit, Christ will honor that the guy at least tried to do as he was guided.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 8... the woman being brought to him by the Pharisees where He did not condemn her but told her to go and sin no more.

Nowhere was this woman openly having sex (or displaying her body sinfully) in front of Jesus whereby he said this to her. Although Scripture does not say, she would have obviously had to repent in some way silently to God about her sin (after she was caught by her accusers) in order to be forgiven. For Jesus said elsewhere in His ministry to: "repent or perish." (Luke 13:3). God commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts 17:30). Repentance and the fruits that always follow thereof are shown to us by comparing Matthew 12:41 with Jonah 3:6-10. This is the only way Jesus could say He did not condemn her. For God cannot be in approval of sin. In fact, Jesus told her to "sin no more." If Jesus did not care about her sin, He would not have told her to change her life in regards to sin. In fact, we are told to confess our sin to be forgiven if we do sin (1 John 1:9) and we are told to walk in the light as he is in the light so that the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from all sin (1 John 1:7). For he that confesses and forsakes sin shall have mercy (Proverbs 28:13). In other words, Scripture has to be read as a whole in order to properly understand between the woman and Jesus in John 8.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a difference between eating with tax collectors, talking to a prostitute, being in the same vicinity as sinners, etc vs lying to your wife, going into a place where you are going to see people stripping... dancing with her and staying in the same room with her all night long.
None of the people talked about in this thread did any of that.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nowhere was this woman openly having sex (or displaying her body sinfully) in front of Jesus whereby he said this to her. Although Scripture does not say, she would have obviously had to repent in some way silently after she was caught by her accusers to God about her sin in order to be forgiven. For Jesus said elswhere in his ministry to: "repent or perish." (Luke 13:3). Repentance and the fruits that always follow thereof are shown to us by comparing Matthew 12:41 with Jonah 3:6-10. This is the only way Jesus could say He did not condemn her. For God cannot be in approval of sin. In fact, Jesus told her to "sin no more." If Jesus did not care about her sin, He would not have told her to change her life in regards to sin. In fact, in fact we are told to both confess our sin to be forgiven if we do sin (1 John 1:9) and we are told to walk in the light as he is in the light so that the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from all sin (1 John 1:7). For he that confesses and forsakes sin shall have mercy (Proverbs 28:13).
You seem to be making an awful lot of assumptions in this statement....

Nowhere was this woman ....
she would have obviously had to repent ....[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey mate,

Can you change your avatar please.

It's demonic.

Yes, I originally thought it was a picture of a demon, then after he later said to me it was an alien I then said to him that aliens are not exactly what they appear to be (and they are actually demons in disguise).

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, I originally thought it was a picture of a demon, then after he later said to me it was an alien I then said to him that aliens are not exactly what they appear to be (and they are actually demons in disguise).

Yep agree.

Either demon or fallen angel.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be making an awful lot of assumptions in this statement....

Nowhere was this woman ....
she would have obviously had to repent ....

Assuming the rest of Scripture is true, then that is what happened. But even if you do not believe the other verses or passages I put forth at face value, just look at John 8 itself. Jesus said to the Pharisees that he that is of God hears God's words and that they were not of God (John 8:47). The word "hearing" here is in reference or context to obedience to God's words. For Jesus said to the Pharisees, "...and the lusts of your father ye will do..." (John 8:44).

In fact, Jesus said to the Pharisees that the reason why they desired to sin (i.e. to kill him) was because God's Word had no place within them. Meaning they did not obey God's Word but they obeyed their father the devil by sinning.

"I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you." (John 8:37).

For he that commits sin is of the devil (1 John 3:17).
He that does evil hates the light (John 3:20).
He that does not righteousness and does not love their brother is not of God (John 3:10).

A person needs to repent and get their heart right with the Lord (and be spiritually born again) before they can enter God's Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yep agree.

Either demon or fallen angel.

Let's pray he changes the picture and that he may come to know someday the true nature of what aliens actually are. Granted, the alien deception is not that wide spread of a problem in Christianity but it is a deception never the less.

Let's pray good things upon him in Jesus Christ.

Blessings and peace be unto you in the Lord.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.