Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Once upon a time some years ago I had the pleasure of becoming friends with a neighbor of mine. I'll call her Daisy. Daisy, was so nice and so chatty. She was a fully recovered drug addict and former stripper/prostitute that was now going to school to better her education and do productive things for herself in life. In talking to her I learned a lot about what she went through and in knowing me I introduced her to a new level of understanding as it pertains to Christianity.

In sharing that with her, she immediately shares how she too believes in Jesus and has been seeking Him too. How she began her journey...is what inspired the topic of this thread. When she was in her addiction she was a stripper at one time and one night on one of her shifts a man came in and actually EVANGELIZED to her. My mouth dropped. I can't quite remember all the details of how that went down but I will try and remember the best I can.

I believe she said that the man offered to buy a dance and when she was about to he then sort of made conversation with her, but the dance wasn't happening yet. She opened up to him and shared that she really had no where to go really. Just trying to make some money to stay in a motel or whatever. The man offers her a ride to a motel. The whole time though, he's PREACHING JESUS to her!! They get to the motel and I believe she said that he actually stayed there with her for the NIGHT!! They did NOT have sex.

When she told me this she repeated the conversation she had with him years later because I believe they kept in contact. She then asked him what made him do it? What made him come to a STRIP CLUB to evangelize to HER?! His answer was as follows..

" I was in my bed, my wife sleeping next to me..and for some reason I just felt like God woke me up and moved on me to go to the Strip Club. For a while I was just shaking the thought away because surely God isn't telling me to go to a Strip Club. I'm a married man!! with KIDS!! "

Basically he was saying that for a while he was really trying to ignore this sudden thought and impulse but for some reason it grew stronger and stronger to go to this Strip Club. Eventually he said that he felt that God was for some reason LEADING Him to talk to someone at the Strip Club and that someone happened to be my friend Daisy.

Daisy at that time as I already stated was in her addiction and her life was just out of wack. For this man to obey THAT WORD? And to now see the fruit of that YEARS later...a woman who is now SOBER...GOING TO SCHOOL...and still SEEKING GOD?...leads me to ask all of you a few questions..

Is this....biblical?
Is this...sound Faith?
Is this...God led...or Man led?

Obviously the only one that can really answer that question is the man that went to the strip club that evangelized to my friend Daisy but man I tell you what...

That is some BOLD FAITH right there. Feel free to post a comment or start a discussion cause this to me is one of the most amazing yet controversial acts of Faith I've ever heard. But I can not deny the fruit...Daisy is SEEKING GOD and is no longer a drug addict.

Because an Evangelist...went to the Strip Club.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,073,277.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When I first saw the title of your string I started chuckling and chuckling, it seemed so improbable. However, if the story is true, if the man really did evangelize the girl, did not sleep with her, and she was saved - what more do we need to know? The fruits were good. Now, that has got to be an incredibly unusual thing for the Holy Spirit to do - but hey, He is highly creative and gets to do any ol' thing He wants any ol' way He wants!

I would just say that of course men should not read your post and say "Well! Hey, I think I'll just go to a strip club tonight and evangelize someone." Uh uhn. If the Holy Spirit leads, one will know that. IF not, forget it buddy! ;)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1)Yes, as in it's good to spread the Gospel. If you're outraged about going into a strip club, all can say is that in itself wouldn't bother me for the reason given, even though I never liked going in them when friends used to drag me the few times I did.
2)Yes
3)It would not surprise me, but I don't know, nor does it matter, as long as it worked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟201,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once upon a time some years ago I had the pleasure of becoming friends with a neighbor of mine. I'll call her Daisy. Daisy, was so nice and so chatty. She was a fully recovered drug addict and former stripper/prostitute that was now going to school to better her education and do productive things for herself in life. In talking to her I learned a lot about what she went through and in knowing me I introduced her to a new level of understanding as it pertains to Christianity.

In sharing that with her, she immediately shares how she too believes in Jesus and has been seeking Him too. How she began her journey...is what inspired the topic of this thread. When she was in her addiction she was a stripper at one time and one night on one of her shifts a man came in and actually EVANGELIZED to her. My mouth dropped. I can't quite remember all the details of how that went down but I will try and remember the best I can.

I believe she said that the man offered to buy a dance and when she was about to he then sort of made conversation with her, but the dance wasn't happening yet. She opened up to him and shared that she really had no where to go really. Just trying to make some money to stay in a motel or whatever. The man offers her a ride to a motel. The whole time though, he's PREACHING JESUS to her!! They get to the motel and I believe she said that he actually stayed there with her for the NIGHT!! They did NOT have sex.

When she told me this she repeated the conversation she had with him years later because I believe they kept in contact. She then asked him what made him do it? What made him come to a STRIP CLUB to evangelize to HER?! His answer was as follows..

" I was in my bed, my wife sleeping next to me..and for some reason I just felt like God woke me up and moved on me to go to the Strip Club. For a while I was just shaking the thought away because surely God isn't telling me to go to a Strip Club. I'm a married man!! with KIDS!! "

Basically he was saying that for a while he was really trying to ignore this sudden thought and impulse but for some reason it grew stronger and stronger to go to this Strip Club. Eventually he said that he felt that God was for some reason LEADING Him to talk to someone at the Strip Club and that someone happened to be my friend Daisy.

Daisy at that time as I already stated was in her addiction and her life was just out of wack. For this man to obey THAT WORD? And to now see the fruit of that YEARS later...a woman who is now SOBER...GOING TO SCHOOL...and still SEEKING GOD?...leads me to ask all of you a few questions..

Is this....biblical?
Is this...sound Faith?

Obviously the only one that can really answer that question is the man that went to the strip club that evangelized to my friend Daisy but man I tell you what...

That is some BOLD FAITH right there. Feel free to post a comment or start a discussion cause this to me is one of the most amazing yet controversial acts of Faith I've ever heard. But I can not deny the fruit...Daisy is SEEKING GOD and is no longer a drug addict.

If an overdose was around the corner, then this was probably The Lord, for He is never late. He watched me when I walked in darkness, and intervened when it was necessary, only to show me later in life. Would it not be the same for her. Take notice, how the man was led only to her and not any other. It was her time, to have her door knocked on. To each soul, there is a time, and a season, and this was hers. That is how good He is.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What Would Jesus Do?

Go to the strip club...
Evangelize her...
Stay with her all night without sex...
Cause a terrible uproar among the "righteous"...

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
God can do anything he pleases and use anyone he pleases. And seriously we are talking about God saving a woman's life enough with all the jokes. It's mocking the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is surely Biblical. Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” Luke 5:31-32
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9

I can't understand why people can't get this. If God can come down as man and go through all the persecution and suffering He went through not only on the cross but also all throughout His ministry
just to save us unworthy souls then why is it unbelievable that He used His servant to go to a strip club and evangelize and snatch a girl from the fire? Afterall she stripped because she had no money and not because she loved doing it.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now that's the kind of God I believe in!

Yeah, what an awesome God we serve! THE SERVANT KING!!! I saw that someone marked you funny for your comment. I don't see what's so laughable about your comment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When she told me this she repeated the conversation she had with him years later because I believe they kept in contact. She then asked him what made him do it? What made him come to a STRIP CLUB to evangelize to HER?!

Your post made some things come to my mind. When I was in my late teens, early twenties, I played in heavy metal/thrash bands. My world was pretty much evil. We were into very early Metallica and Megadeth, as well as more blatantly Satanic stuff like Judas Priest and other bands. But then the strangest thing happened. It was right around that time that another heavy metal band appeared on the music scene; a Christian band called Stryper. I am seriously dating myself now, but they were very distinctive in their appearance and message, and it was so positive in the midst of all the negativity that dominated my world at the time. And they were not slouches musically, so we had to respect them...

It had an effect on me very similar to what the girl seems to have been asking you: What in the world were they doing in my world, a world filled with nothing but darkness and evil 24/7, and world essentially given over to Satan? I didn't get saved immediately after that. It would be another year and a half or so before I finally quit the band, went home to stay with my mother and her husband, and eventually gave my life to Christ.

People/Christians criticized and attacked that band incessantly during those days. "They're not real Christians. Look how they dress. That music is Satanic..." on and on. All I know is that light entered my world of darkness, and it was so astonishing to me that I never forgot it. It was like God showing up in the middle of the darkest pit, and the deepest depths of Hell, to say, "I'm here, and I'm more powerful than any of this. Give your life to me."

Maybe I should find a good ol' Stryper song somewhere just to honor them again for the impression they made on my life so long ago.

Looking for a video.... Ha Ha! Yesteryear. Lyrics not included in the video, so I'll include them below. Italicized words were the ones that stuck out to me the most. Oh, and btw, the words "Light in the Darkness" that appear at the beginning of this video seem to fit in perfectly with the theme of this post.

More Than a Man
Stryper
Long ago, there was a man who came
Came and died for you
You, you say you don't want to know
But I've got to tell you the truth

God, I will follow you because you died for me
Gave to me your life to set me free
Anyone who asks shall receive
Jesus in your heart
It's time for you to start
Giving God all the glory

More than a man, God almighty
He created you
He's the One, the One who rules the land
He is the One I choose

Jesus in your heart
Giving God

All of the glory today
No matter what some people say
All of your faith
And your life will start to change

Jesus in your heart
Giving God all the glory
Jesus in your heart
Giving God

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if I believe it. God would never call us to do something that is unbiblical. Going to a club where women are but naked and shaking their body parts in a mans face doesn't seem like something God would have us do. Especially because its a man. With men having issues with sex/nudity all to often I find it hard to believe. Maybe, if the story is true, the man went because he wanted to check out some women but after talking to a women he decided to change some details to make it sound like he didn't go there for bad reasons, but instead to spread the Word.

I remember years ago there was a "Strippers for Jesus" group. Strippers who were christian that still stripped at clubs but spread the Word. I don't even know how that works. And I doubt God would approve. Its like saying you are a christian inappropriate content star who adds a message of salvation at the end of your inappropriate content videos. Just makes zero sense.

Again, even if this story is true and this woman is saved and what not, thats great. But I still don't think he went there for "God told me too!" reasons.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My biggest problem is a potential lie to his wife and him staying in the same room as her all night. If he asked a girl to come stay with her the rest of the night, or even stayed in an adjoining room or a suite with a bedroom (and didn't stay in the room she slept in), I'd feel more comfortable with it. The lying to his wife though is a big problem. (Glory to God though for any person who comes to our Lord and Savior!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JingshenBianxi

So Cool
Mar 16, 2017
Houston, TX
✟17,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Strippers who were christian that still stripped at clubs but spread the Word. I don't even know how that works.

Yea, that is totally not of God.

Its like saying you are a christian inappropriate content star who adds a message of salvation at the end of your inappropriate content videos. Just makes zero sense.

This was funny.

Again, even if this story is true and this woman is saved and what not, thats great. But I still don't think he went there for "God told me too!" reasons.

Your name says " NothingIsImpossible " Dare to believe that Jonah thought like you in regards to Ninevah.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Is this....biblical?
Is this...sound Faith?

If, and I repeat if, the man was able to keep completely non lustful thoughts about this person or the entire situation then it would not be sin against his wife and God. But lusting for another is adultery according to God's Word.

So that is the slipperiest of slopes.

Did he tell his wife about his evangelistic efforts? What did she say? Did she think his heart was pure in intention?

He is not only for himself but one with her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going to a club where women are but naked and shaking their body parts in a mans face doesn't seem like something God would have us do. Especially because its a man. With men having issues with sex/nudity all to often I find it hard to believe.

With this particular man there doesn't seem to have been an issue.
I remember years ago there was a "Strippers for Jesus" group. Strippers who were christian that still stripped at clubs but spread the Word. I don't even know how that works

That doesn't work. And it's an entirely different issue.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But lusting for another is adultery according to God's Word.

The passage you are talking about here is a reference to a habitual practice that was sinful in the eyes of God. A momentary instance of sexual interest in another person, recognized and then set aside as not in obedience to God, should not be something that disqualifies you from being able to minster to someone. Go by that criteria and you can eliminate a whole lot of Christian men from ministry to women altogether, both married and unmarried.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JingshenBianxi

So Cool
Mar 16, 2017
Houston, TX
✟17,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Did he tell his wife about his evangelistic efforts? What did she say? Did she think his heart was pure in intention?

Daisy has kept in contact with him and his wife actually.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.