Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. We are justified by faith. Faith is the evidence that we’ve been drawn.
Believe means to have faith.
To have faith means to believe.
We cannot please God without faith.

Hebrews 11:6
6And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

We are justified when we believe and have faith.
Agreed.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have two different passages I'd like to discuss with you, but it's getting too late here.

This one is easy and I could be back soon....
The jailer in Acts 16:32
He asks Paul what he must do to be saved...
Paul tells him to believe in the Lord Jesus and he would be saved.

Under your scenario or theology, Paul should have said that the jailer could do nothing. He would just have to wait to see if God DRAWS the jailer into belief.

Instead Paul told him TO BELIEVE and he would be saved. This denotes free will...the free will to believe.

Typical, take things to the extreme with your assumptions.

God had apparently DRAWN DRAGGED the jailer to a sufficient point where God in His Infinite Wisdom had Paul in jail at exactly the right moment in time where they would meet, so he would come to the point of asking Paul, because he knew who Paul was, therefore Paul answering said, Believe.

God set up the situation for the jailer to get the answer that would precipitate his Salvation, by having Paul exactly where he needed to be, so the question could be asked.

The jailer was Drawn to ask Paul who had the answer.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Typical, take things to the extreme with your assumptions.

God had apparently DRAWN DRAGGED the jailer to a sufficient point where God in His Infinite Wisdom had Paul in jail at exactly the right moment in time where they would meet, so he would come to the point of asking Paul, because he knew who Paul was, therefore Paul answering said, Believe.

God set up the situation for the jailer to get the answer that would precipitate his Salvation, by having Paul exactly where he needed to be, so the question could be asked.

The jailer was Drawn to ask Paul who had the answer.
I see.
So it's useless to continue and we could forget about the second passage, BTW.

Why?

Because your answer will always be that God predestined everything. Which is a funny theology to believe since Jesus wept over Jerusalem and it was rather silly since He should have known Jerusalem was predestined not to believe.

The other passage was the Wedding Banquet.
The slave went out and invited everyone
Matthew 22:9
and those clothed in Jesus were not sent away.

Many are called but few are chosen.
Matthew 22:14

Why were not the MANY that God called, chosen?
Doesn't God CALL those He will DRAW and aren't THEY the ones that are supposed to be saved?

Your theology creates many problems.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

The called were the Jewish People (Nation), the Chosen were the Elect, Jews of that Generation.

Those that came in because the CALLED refused, were the GENTILES.

Stop applying it to the World and Salvation and accepting and refusing Salvation
for Gentiles .

The Parable was ONLY about the Jews losing the Kingdom, (NOT Salvation) Jesus came to bring to them as a Nation and because of their unbelief, they lost it and it was given to the Gentiles.

SALVATION is another matter altogether.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The called were the Jewish People (Nation), the Chosen were the Elect, Jews of that Generation.

Those that came in because the CALLED refused, were the GENTILES.

Stop applying it to the World and Salvation and accepting and refusing Salvation
for Gentiles .

The Parable was ONLY about the Jews losing the Kingdom, (NOT Salvation) Jesus came to bring to them as a Nation and because of their unbelief, they lost it and it was given to the Gentiles.

SALVATION is another matter altogether.
So you also accept that Romans 9, 10 and 11 are about the Jewish Nation and NOT about personal salvation?

OK then.

'night.

BTW, I happen to know who the Wedding Banquet is speaking of...it still does not take away the fact that the ones not covered by Jesus were thrown out.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Believe means to have faith.
To have faith means to believe.
We cannot please God without faith.

Hebrews 11:6
6And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

We are justified when we believe and have faith.
Agreed.
Okay.

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To whom are you speaking?
What was the question?

The question or statement is God is more willing to save sinners than they are willing to be saved. The answer is yes or the statement is true.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is what I stated.

This hill will not be won.
I just fail to understand some beliefs that Christians have.

I AGREE that no man can be saved unless the Father draws Him. The problem is with the word draw.

The word in the original language of Greek has different meanings...
It can mean to attract, to pull, to pull with force, and others.

If John 6:44 means to ATTRACT,,,then
John 12:32 also makes sense: otherwise, if it means
TO PULL BY FORCE....John 12:32 does NOT make sense unless one believes in universalism.

Good Day, GG

As I have already laid out there is no Greek source that attributes "ATTRACT" as a valid definition...
Not a single one so, clearly you are wrongly defining the word.

I already explained John 12:32 in a previous post... you did not respond so I assumed it was no longer a issue.

The Father gives to Jesus those that are saved because it's Jesus that died to save men and died for the sins of the world.

Being saved,believing and coming are synonyms would you agree...

Then according to

John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

The coming is dependent on the verb giving that is done by the Father... The Father gives and then you come which results in never being cast out ( Salvation).

Can those that are given by the Father to the Son... fail to come?

What is your understanding of the verb "will come" here in the text?

The coming is granted (gifted).. if it is not granted you can not come ( sound familiar?) and if you can not you will not.

John 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.

1 John 2:2
2and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God Father is the Creator...
Jesus is the Savior.

The creator draws.
the Savior saves through His perfect sacrifice.

Can we agree that God draws all men to Himself?
Draw....as in attract.

No sorry I can not agree that the Father Draws all men for the for the purpose of raising them all up, as all men are not raised up.

John 6:45
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

In Him,

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see.
So it's useless to continue and we could forget about the second passage, BTW.

Why?

Because your answer will always be that God predestined everything. Which is a funny theology to believe since Jesus wept over Jerusalem and it was rather silly since He should have known Jerusalem was predestined not to believe.

Good Day, GG

That passage has nothing to do with salvation.. if you would like to open an other thread we can look at that context and break it down.

The other passage was the Wedding Banquet.
The slave went out and invited everyone
Matthew 22:9
and those clothed in Jesus were not sent away.

Why were not the MANY that God called, chosen?
Doesn't God CALL those He will DRAW and aren't THEY the ones that are supposed to be saved?

Your theology creates many problems.

Within in the historical context of a "royal" wedding....

The king made the choice of who from the group (called) would (chosen to)receive the wedding garments, as he supplied them to the guests to glorify His family. That is how he determined the guest list and that is who he knew the one who he had not given the garments to.

That text is pretty basic IMHO.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, GG

That passage has nothing to do with salvation.. if you would like to open an other thread we can look at that context and break it down.

The king made the choice of who from the group (called) would (chosen to)receive the wedding garments, as he supplied them to the guests to glorify His family. That is how he determined the guest list and that is who he knew the one who he had not given the garments to.

In Him,

Bill
Bill, I don't believe I ever saw your reply to John 12:32 about Jesus being raised and drawing all to Him. I'm interested in y our reply.

As to draw....
I had posted about 3 or 4 different Italian bibles where the word ATTRACT is used for both John 6:44 and John 12:32. You may not accept this and I would be understanding of that..however, other languages DO translate the bible and some of them come close to the Greek. I also happened to check with a scholar I know that speaks, reads, and taught Greek and he said that draw can also mean attract.

I feel that if the English version meant PULL, it would have said that. It says draw and even in English draw could mean to attract....to draw a crowd...a crowd will probably assemble, but not everyone will come.

Be back after dinner....
Please give me the post number (if you can).
Sorry 'bout that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bill, I don't believe I ever saw your reply to John 12:32 about Jesus being raised and drawing all to Him. I'm interested in y our reply.

As to draw....
I had posted about 3 or 4 different Italian bibles where the word ATTRACT is used for both John 6:44 and John 12:32. You may not accept this and I would be understanding of that..however, other languages DO translate the bible and some of them come close to the Greek. I also happened to check with a scholar I know that speaks, reads, and taught Greek and he said that draw can also mean attract.

I feel that if the English version meant PULL, it would have said that. It says draw and even in English draw could mean to attract....to draw a crowd...a crowd will probably assemble, but not everyone will come.

Be back after dinner....
Please give me the post number (if you can).
Sorry 'bout that.

Good Day, GG

Post 165...

Has he published his view on his view anywhere??

Yes you could attempt to draw a crowd... But you are not all powerful you are just a finite creature.

IN Him,

Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, GG

In Him,

Bill
I don't know what passage you're referring to.
Perhaps you mean John 12:32??

As to the Wedding Banquet...
You believe it's about a Royal Wedding?
Don't you think the King is GOD
and The Son is JESUS...
Verse 2

The slaves were sent to invite those that had been invited....THE JEWS
And the Jews were not interested ... in the Messiah Jesus.
Verses 3-5

Israel went through many hardships because Prophets had not been heeded.
Verses 6-8

The King said: GO THEREFORE TO THE MAIN HIGHWAYS AND AS MANY AS YOU FIND THERE, INVITE TO THE WEDDING FEAST.
Verse 9

The slaves went out and gathered ALL THEY FOUND, both good and evil, and the wedding hall was full.
Verse 10

The King saw a man without proper wedding clothes so He had him bound hand and foot and cast him out where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Of the many that are called/invited,,,few will be chosen...based on our apparel which is Jesus.
Verses 11-14

Perhaps you could explain how this parable has anything to do with a historical Royal Wedding?
Royal Weddings invited all persons found in the street to the wedding? Jesus told this parable for a reason...and it was NOT to impart historical data.

It was to show how the Jews rejected Jesus and so everyone would be invited into the Kingdom of God.
John 10:16
16“I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

The other sheep, the Gentiles, will HEAR Jesus' voice and will become one flock with one Shepherd.

You have stated the following:

You've added a lot to your eisegesis of the verses. Perhaps you could show us WHERE in these verses are all your extra comments about them?

1. Where does it state that the King supplied the wedding garments?.

2. Where does it say that he did this to glorify his family?

3. Where does it explain how he determined the guest list?

4. Where does it say the King had not given the clothes to the person banished from the feast?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what passage you're referring to.
Perhaps you mean John 12:32??

As to the Wedding Banquet...
You believe it's about a Royal Wedding?
Don't you think the King is GOD
and The Son is JESUS...
Verse 2

The slaves were sent to invite those that had been invited....THE JEWS
And the Jews were not interested ... in the Messiah Jesus.
Verses 3-5

Israel went through many hardships because Prophets had not been heeded.
Verses 6-8

The King said: GO THEREFORE TO THE MAIN HIGHWAYS AND AS MANY AS YOU FIND THERE, INVITE TO THE WEDDING FEAST.
Verse 9

The slaves went out and gathered ALL THEY FOUND, both good and evil, and the wedding hall was full.
Verse 10

The King saw a man without proper wedding clothes so He had him bound hand and foot and cast him out where there was weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Of the many that are called/invited,,,few will be chosen...based on our apparel which is Jesus.
Verses 11-14

Perhaps you could explain how this parable has anything to do with a historical Royal Wedding?
Royal Weddings invited all persons found in the street to the wedding? Jesus told this parable for a reason...and it was NOT to impart historical data.

It was to show how the Jews rejected Jesus and so everyone would be invited into the Kingdom of God.
John 10:16
16“I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

The other sheep, the Gentiles, will HEAR Jesus' voice and will become one flock with one Shepherd.

You have stated the following:

You've added a lot to your eisegesis of the verses. Perhaps you could show us WHERE in these verses are all your extra comments about them?

1. Where does it state that the King supplied the wedding garments?.

2. Where does it say that he did this to glorify his family?

3. Where does it explain how he determined the guest list?

4. Where does it say the King had not given the clothes to the person banished from the feast?

Thanks.

Good Day,

Historical context...

Not looking to get into that passage here there is a whole thread on that...

Post 165 is about Jn 12 yes.

The passage where Jesus wept over Jerusalem is not about Salvation read the context.

Would you be so kind as to consider the questions in my post 188??

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

Historical context...

Not looking to get into that passage here there is a whole thread on that...

Post 165 is about Jn 12 yes.

The passage where Jesus wept over Jerusalem is not about Salvation read the context.

Would you be so kind as to consider the questions in my post 188??

In Him,

Bill
Bill, Nothing in the N.T. seems to be about salvation as far as you're concerned.

Why do you think the N.T. was written if not for our salvation?

The passage about Jesus weeping over Jerusalem teaches that man has the free will to come to God.
God DRAWS man to Himself,,,,and man must choose whether or not to respond to God with a yes or a no.
This requires free will.

Post 188?
Will check it out.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, GG

As I have already laid out there is no Greek source that attributes "ATTRACT" as a valid definition...
Not a single one so, clearly you are wrongly defining the word.

I already explained John 12:32 in a previous post... you did not respond so I assumed it was no longer a issue.
If the word DRAW means to PULL BY FORCE, then there's a discrepancy with John 6:44 and John 12:32...as I've said,,,I missed your reply and DID ask you to tell me the post no.....but you did not.
We'll forget about that.

Even the English word DRAW could mean to attract...

Definition of draw
(Entry 1 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to cause to move continuously toward or after a force applied in advance : PULLdraw your chair up by the fire: such as
a: to move (something, such as a covering) over or to one sidedraw the drapes
b: to pull up or out of a receptacle or place where seated or carrieddraw water from the welldrew a gunalso : to cause to come out of a container or sourcedraw water for a baththe nurse drew a blood samplethe wound drew blood
2: to cause to go in a certain direction (as by leading)drew him aside
3a: to bring by inducement or allure : ATTRACThoney draws flies

source: Definition of DRAW

Being saved,believing and coming are synonyms would you agree...

Then according to

John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

The coming is dependent on the verb giving that is done by the Father... The Father gives and then you come which results in never being cast out ( Salvation).
I do not agree.
One goes to the Father because he was drawn as God draws ALL to Himself. Romans 1:19-20
ALL who HAVE HEARD and LEARNED from the Father come to Me....John 6:45
Persons hear about God....they learn about God...they believe...and the Father GIVES them to Jesus for salvation.
John 3:16-18

Can those that are given by the Father to the Son... fail to come?

What is your understanding of the verb "will come" here in the text?
If the Father gives....
those He give certainly come....

The coming is granted (gifted).. if it is not granted you can not come ( sound familiar?) and if you can not you will not.
Of course the coming to God is granted....
God desires that all men come to the knowledge and belief IN HIM...
1 Timothy 2:4
3This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

You give me a verse and then what it infers....
I give you solid verses that state clearly what they mean...

Could you give me a verse that states that God only saves some persons and gives them to Jesus?

John 6:65 And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.
I agreed to this.
If God does not WANT something to happen,,,it will NOT.

But, He DOES want that everyone would be saved.
1 Timothy 2:4
But not everyone WANTS to be saved,,,,
2 John 1:8-11
8Watch yourselves, that you do not lose what we have accomplished, but that you may receive a full reward.
9Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;
11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

John 3:19-20
19“This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20“For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Most men will love the dark and will not come to the light....does not come to the light, NOT "is not taken to the light by God".

Also, Jesus Himself said the way would be wide and many would take the wide way.

No sorry I can not agree that the Father Draws all men for the for the purpose of raising them all up, as all men are not raised up.

John 6:45
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

In Him,

Bill
You misunderstood something I stated, I never said the Father draws all men for the purpose of raising them up. God draws all men so that those that desire to be saved may do so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bill, Nothing in the N.T. seems to be about salvation as far as you're concerned.

Why do you think the N.T. was written if not for our salvation?

The passage about Jesus weeping over Jerusalem teaches that man has the free will to come to God.
God DRAWS man to Himself,,,,and man must choose whether or not to respond to God with a yes or a no.
This requires free will.

Post 188?
Will check it out.

Good Day, GG

If you would like to open an other thread about this passage that in Matt I would be more than happy..

It requires a choice for sure.. not so sure how free someone will is who is a slave to sin, loves darkness, and who's heart is desperately wicked, and cannot choose (light) God is.

He chooses the darkness he loves every single time, and does so freely.... Yes

Does not sound like freedom at all.. if the Son sets you free you are free indeed, if he does not well you are not.

IN HIm,

Bill

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day, GG

If you would like to open an other thread about this passage that in Matt I would be more than happy..

It requires a choice for sure.. not so sure how free someone will is who is a slave to sin, loves darkness, and who's heart is desperately wicked, and cannot choose (light) God is.

He chooses the darkness he loves every single time, and does so freely.... Yes

Does not sound like freedom at all.. if the Son sets you free you are free indeed, if he does not well you are not.

IN HIm,

Bill
OK Bill.
We're here now if you wanted to discuss.
I can't start a new thread for every idea I get that is in RESPONSE to what we're discussing.

As to Free Will....TRUE FREE WILL,
I'll only say this:

According to your belief system,,,,no one that is not saved can do any good.

I wonder if Gates is born again? I don't think so.
I wonder if Berlusca is born again? I don't think so.
Many do good WORKS that are not saved.

Man is not SO DEPRAVED as to be UNABLE to see some light. It's just that some want the light and some don't.

Do you have any scripture that states that man IS TOTALLY DEPRAVED?

No. There is none. This is a man-made idea.
I like the ideas Jesus had.

For God So Loved THE WORLD
That He Gave His Only Begotten Son
That WHOSOEVER Believeth in Him
Would Not Perish But Have Everlasting Life.

If anyone believes in Jesus they have everlasting life.
Anyone means anyone.
It means Jesus knew that ANYONE could come to see the light and believe.

Blessings

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK Bill.
We're here now if you wanted to discuss.
I can't start a new thread for every idea I get that is in RESPONSE to what we're discussing.

As to Free Will....TRUE FREE WILL,
I'll only say this:

According to your belief system,,,,no one that is not saved can do any good.

I wonder if Gates is born again? I don't think so.
I wonder if Berlusca is born again? I don't think so.
Many do good WORKS that are not saved.

Man is not SO DEPRAVED as to be UNABLE to see some light. It's just that some want the light and some don't.

Do you have any scripture that states that man IS TOTALLY DEPRAVED?

Sure is the best working definition I know:

Total Depravity by John Piper

No. There is none. This is a man-made idea.
I like the ideas Jesus had.

For God So Loved THE WORLD
That He Gave His Only Begotten Son
That WHOSOEVER Believeth in Him
Would Not Perish But Have Everlasting Life.

If anyone believes in Jesus they have everlasting life.
Anyone means anyone.
It means Jesus knew that ANYONE could come to see the light and believe.

Blessings

Oh John 3:16 love that...

Yes God did love the world and he did give His son..
those that are doing the "verb" believing" will not perish but have eternal live.

More literal translation is helpful:

YLT:

Joh 3:16 for God did so love the world, that His Son—the only begotten—He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during. For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him; he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 'And this is the judgment, that the light hath come to the world, and men did love the darkness rather than the light, for their works were evil;
for every one who is doing wicked things hateth the light, and doth not come unto the light, that his works may not be detected; but he who is doing the truth doth come to the light, that his works may be manifested, that in God they are having been wrought.'

Men see the light and , love the darkness rather than the light because their works are evil.

The ones coming to the light, have works that are wrought (or carried out in him) by God.

It is God that works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure, for without Him we would not, because we can not.

In Him

Bill

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure is the best working definition I know:

Total Depravity by John Piper
I'm sure John Piper is a very nice person.

But I prefer to learn from
Jesus
Paul
Peter
John
and the ECFs

Can you find me ONE VERSE in the bible that tells you we are TOTALLY depraved?
You cannot find it.
Every christian believes we are born depraved. This does not mean we are UNABLE to come to God...it just means we are born depraved.

You add to scripture...this is eisegesis.

Oh John 3:16 love that...

Yes God did love the world and he did give His son..
those that are doing the "verb" believing" will not perish but have eternal live.

More literal translation is helpful:

YLT:

Joh 3:16 for God did so love the world, that His Son—the only begotten—He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during. For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him; he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 'And this is the judgment, that the light hath come to the world, and men did love the darkness rather than the light, for their works were evil;
for every one who is doing wicked things hateth the light, and doth not come unto the light, that his works may not be detected; but he who is doing the truth doth come to the light, that his works may be manifested, that in God they are having been wrought.'
Why do you love it so much?
It speaks against everything you believe.

BELIEVING is present tense.
This is ALL IT MEANS.
Those that believe in Jesus when they die...will be saved. Scripture is twisted and turned to make it mean what you bring to the text.

Read John 3:16 again - all on your very own.
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD
God loves the world --- this means EVERYONE in it.

THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
This speaks of the sacrifice of Jesus -- who died for everyone. 1 John 2:2

THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM...
Whosoever...NOT those that God has chosen...
BUT WHOSOEVER,,,,those that, by their own Free Will...believe in HIM.

WILL NOT PERISH
Those that believe in Jesus BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE TO, will never perish, for as long as the "are believing".

BTW,,,believing is ongoing and means the same as believes...which is present tense. Same understanding.

Men see the light and , love the darkness rather than the light because their works are evil.

The ones coming to the light, have works that are wrought (or carried out in him) by God.

It is God that works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure, for without Him we would not, because we can not.

In Him

Bill

Please post some verses that show that salvation by God comes before belief.

This is NOT the ordus salutis.

THIS IS:
We confess that Jesus is Lord.
We believe in our heart that He was raised.
And we shall be saved.
Romans 10:9

For with the heart man believes resulting in righteousness,
And with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:10

WHOEVER believes in HIM
will not be disappointed.
Romans 10:11

The Lord abounds in richness FOR ALL WHO CALL UPON HIS NAME. WE call upon His name.
Romans 10:12b
BELIEVE
FAITH
SALVATION

Upvote 0