God is love, Love is not Jealous, God is a Jealous god???

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
show me how God can move a mountain and I’ll show how I can move same mountain.
If he is Omnipotent he can do anything. Flick it with his finger? He can do it however he chooses. He can even do it without you being able to tell he did it! He doesn't exist for your sake, so I think it more than likely you would not accept any way anyone tried to show it.

I'm curious why you chose to speak against this particular passage. Is moving a mountain any more impossible for God to do than to create everything else that exists?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I, Gene Parmesan, can move mountains.

Now there is equal evidence that I can move mountains as well.
Ha! So you are saying that unless there is evidence you can recognize as such, it is impossible?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Mountains are obstacles, or severe trials and tribulations or problems, and people who truly, truly have God or faith with them, are always way, way better equipped at dealing with and/or handling them than those who do not always, etc...

Jesus and God did real physical miracles with a spiritual interpretation or meaning, etc, and considered the spiritual interpretation or meaning to always be a way. way more important one, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he is Omnipotent he can do anything. Flick it with his finger? He can do it however he chooses. He can even do it without you being able to tell he did it! He doesn't exist for your sake, so I think it more than likely you would not accept any way anyone tried to show it.
That’s nothing. Everyone and their grandma can do the same thing.
I'm curious why you chose to speak against this particular passage. Is moving a mountain any more impossible for God to do than to create everything else that exists?

that particular passage indicates that believers in God should experience a different reality from unbelievers. However, we experience the same reality, don’t we?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
That’s nothing. Everyone and their grandma can do the same thing.
How is it the same —merely by the fact that you have no evidence they have done so, or because you have no evidence that they CAN do so, or what?

that particular passage indicates that believers in God should experience a different reality from unbelievers. However, we experience the same reality, don’t we?

If we experience a different reality, then who's to say we don't have evidence that faith in God can move mountains? Here's a hypothetical statement: IF God (the omnipotent Creator, First Cause) exists, he can move mountains. IF, then, I have evidence that he exists, I have evidence that he can move mountains, yes?

The fact my evidence isn't good enough for you is not surprising, if I have access to a reality (a true thing, or another worldview) that you do not. I can't show it to you, except to point at nature, the universe, the way of things: logic, math, art, love, fact, principle, order, disorder, changes, force, energy, beginnings and continuation etc etc etc. I can only tell you about it the best I can. God has given me new life, and so, a different POV.

Upvote 0

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it the same —merely by the fact that you have no evidence they have done so, or because you have no evidence that they CAN do so, or what?
Hold on, let's stick to religious faith as evidence. You have not seen God move a mountain, have you? So why don't you believe that grandma's soul can move a mountain? Believe that she can and you will have all the evidence you need.

If we experience a different reality, then who's to say we don't have evidence that faith in God can move mountains? Here's a hypothetical statement: IF God (the omnipotent Creator, First Cause) exists, he can move mountains. IF, then, I have evidence that he exists, I have evidence that he can move mountains, yes?

Your God could not drive iron chariots, how can he move mountains?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigV

Dec 27, 2007
USA, IL
✟41,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fact my evidence isn't good enough for you is not surprising, if I have access to a reality (a true thing, or another worldview) that you do not. I can't show it to you, except to point at nature, the universe, the way of things: logic, math, art, love, fact, principle, order, disorder, changes, force, energy, beginnings and continuation etc etc etc. I can only tell you about it the best I can. God has given me new life, and so, a different POV.

You don't have any other evidence. You only imagine that you do. You see, if you had access to the omnipotent God of the universe, with whom you'd have a relationship, similar to that between you and your loving parents or closest of friends, then you'd have concrete evidence in your life.

Your reality would be similar to that of the New Testament stories, where blind would see, amputees would regrow limbs, dead would rise to live, etc... But you have none of this. You point to the same reality we all share, where yes, there is universe, logic, math, art, love, etc... BUT, where dead do not rise, amputees do not regrow limbs, Down's syndrome is not curable, and mountains are not movable.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hold on, let's stick to religious faith as evidence. You have not seen God move a mountain, have you? So why don't you believe that grandma's soul can move a mountain? Believe that she can and you will have all the evidence you need.

You seem to have jumped a step or two. Who said 'religious faith is evidence'? There is faith that is not humanly derived. There is also faith that is humanly derived. There is a huge difference. The former is commonly referred to as Salvific Faith. It is the work of God, not man. This is the faith referred to in Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (You, no doubt, take that as poetry or hyperbole at best. Well, it is literal, but you won't accept it as evidence, and I can't say I blame you, since you don't have that faith. No, don't appeal to consensus. Most people don't have that faith.)

Your God could not drive iron chariots, how can he move mountains?

Well, now! Here's one I don't think I've heard before. Ok, what makes you think God could not drive iron chariots?

But whatever, you didn't answer my question: IF God exists, he can move mountains, yes? Logically then, IF I have evidence God exists, I have evidence he can move mountains.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But whatever, you didn't answer my question: IF God exists, he can move mountains, yes? Logically then, IF I have evidence God exists, I have evidence he can move mountains.

I think you'd be better off saying 'if God is as defined, i.e. omnipotent...we can therefore undoubtedly conclude that He can move mountains'.

I don't like the way you are using the term 'evidence' here. Evidence of moving mountains would be a mountain that was over here is now over there.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I think you'd be better off saying 'if God is as defined, i.e. omnipotent...we can therefore undoubtedly conclude that He can move mountains'.

I don't like the way you are using the term 'evidence' here. Evidence of moving mountains would be a mountain that was over here is now over there.
Ha! But see, you might not even know if that happened.

God is Omnipotent, or he is not God. I have no use for discussing another.

Upvote 0