USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But at the same time, we have a genetic mechanism of aging and death. It's also love, though. We must go to heaven and not be stuck here on sinful earth full of all kinds of suffering.
"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

Upvote 0

Robert76

Robert
Jul 19, 2017
Central Ohio
✟7,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is so amazing! Not only does he work in our hearts (to soften them), but he also works on our hearts (literally/physically). This is just one example of how vastly more God goes beyond giving us this day, and giving us our daily bread.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you know your God provided a way for us to grow new coronary arteries?

I didn't.
Our hearts are covered with arteries. Specifically they are called coronary arteries.
X2604-C-66.png

Apparently, if you have a major clogging in any of these larger arteries a tiny limb off an upstream branch will begin to bloom and grow. Replacing the lost blood flow to the needed area.

Proof to me that God loves us!

Forgive me...
Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyne did a study showing people switching to a plant based diet were able to reduce arterial blockage: Resolving the Coronary Artery Disease Epidemic through Plant-Based Nutrition

Image A is of the partially blocked artery. Image B is of the same patient after a vegan or plant based diet. The artery in image B is no longer blocked.

(Note: Vegans may need dietary supplements to make up for nutrients lacking in a vegan diet.)

cardio1.jpg

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So what I'm getting at is there should be no human figure of the Father represented other than Christ.

This is a huge point.

Many people start talking about, "God' as an abstract, distant, being; however, the only God Christianity has is Christ. When we speak of God, we should be speaking of Christ.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyne did a study showing people switching to a plant based diet were able to reduce arterial blockage: Resolving the Coronary Artery Disease Epidemic through Plant-Based Nutrition

Image A is of the partially blocked artery. Image B is of the same patient after a vegan or plant based diet. The artery in image B is no longer blocked.

(Note: Vegans may need dietary supplements to make up for nutrients lacking in a vegan diet.)

cardio1.jpg

I was going to suggest this, but no one ever believes me.

Become a vegan, or a 90% vegan, and be healthier. Just take B-12, and you are good.

Upvote 0

Robert76

Robert
Jul 19, 2017
Central Ohio
✟7,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

cardio1.jpg
Hey, my family and I have been following a plant-based diet since 1/1/2012! I'm not sure if you do that as well, just thought it was cool to see reference to it and thought I'd share.

• Agree
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2017
Kaduna
✟8,283.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

I didn't.
Our hearts are covered with arteries. Specifically they are called coronary arteries.
X2604-C-66.png

Apparently, if you have a major clogging in any of these larger arteries a tiny limb off an upstream branch will begin to bloom and grow. Replacing the lost blood flow to the needed area.

Forgive me...
I

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I didn't.
X2604-C-66.png

Forgive me...

Thank you for this post! I find this extremely comforting. I am such a sinner, more than I ever realized. I am disgusted by my past sins. I have been dealing with OCD and intrusive thoughts, along with depersonalization . I am so glad that we serve a merciful God that forgives us our sins when we confess them. He makes a way when there is no way. Jesus is all that is important in this life. If we have Jesus we hold everything. My prayer is that all eyes are opened to our gracious Lord. Jesus I can do NOTHING apart from you.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear OrthodoxyUSA. God is Love, and God is for us, not against. Jesus tells us in Matthew 22:35-40:
" The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." in verse 40 we are told: On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets. God id Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters.
The Bible tells us: give up all selfish and unloving thoughts and speeches, love God with all thy hearts, and love thy neighbour as thyself. ( Treat all we know and all we meet, treat them as we would love to be treated) The Bible also tells us Ask and you shall receive. ( Matthew 7: 7-10) We ask for Love and Joy, and Compassion, and then treat our neighbour as we would love to be treated. Love is very catching, Orthodoxy, and we will soon be the men and women which God wants us to be. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Reactions: OrthodoxyUSA
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Collateral coronary circulation

In the brain there is an anastomosis called the Circle of Willis that works similarly to the collateral circulation in the heart
It's so cool! I love the human body esp anatomy and pathophysiology :)

Upvote 0

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I didn't.

Forgive me...

At the same time, we have a genetic mechanism of aging and death. It's also love, though. We must go to heaven and not be stuck here on sinful earth full of all kinds of suffering.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Collateral coronary circulation

In the brain there is an anastomosis called the Circle of Willis that works similarly to the collateral circulation in the heart
It's so cool! I love the human body esp anatomy and pathophysiology :)

I wonder if other organs do the same.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Forgive me...
Yes they do......Our bodies are living examples of how to forgive. We cut ourselves and it forgives us and works immediately to try to heal and restore. Not once has it told me that I did it on purpose so it wont try to heal me. Never did it wait for an apology....

You are forgiven.

• Agree
Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Forgive me...

I haven't heard of collateral circulation in other organs specifically. I do recall infants having similar mechanisms up until a very short time after birth (around a 1 week actually) called the ductus venosus. It shunts oxygenated blood into the infants heart after birth (and the cutting of the umbilical cord) since the lungs may not be developed enough to participate in gas exchange and are usually filled with this liquid called surfactant (which is normal and required for the lungs to open). It eventually becomes a ligament around the liver when it closes

I don't know if that's a good example but I think it's really cool lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums