✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I’m okay with a Christian prince.

No doubt, but that suggests you'd be more at home in a monarchy, rather than a nation founded on the abolition of monarchical rule and the banning of titles of nobility.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No doubt, but that suggests you'd be more at home in a monarchy, rather than a nation founded on the abolition of monarchical rule and the banning of titles of nobility.
Well, I see where being unequally yoked has gotten us.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well, I see where being unequally yoked has gotten us.
And I see that Christian Nationalism is not 'Christians who are patriotic', but Christians who want to eliminate the Constitution and replace our form of government with something else.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The founding fathers of the USA disagree with that opinion.
They also disagreed that blacks should be free and women should be a part of self government. They were men, not infallible agents.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And I see that Christian Nationalism is not 'Christians who are patriotic', but Christians who want to eliminate the Constitution and replace our form of government with something else.
Not necessarily.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Seriously?
Seriously. Christians were all Roman Catholics back then, or Orthodox. Protestantism and the doctrine of Sola Scriptura weren't even thought of, much less in the extreme to which it has been carried by modern American Evangelicals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Seriously. Christians were all Roman Catholics back then, or Orthodox. Protestantism and the doctrine of Sola Scriptura weren't even thought of, much less in the extreme to which it has been carried by modern American Evangelicals.
Are you saying that Roman Catholics aren’t Christians?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thought that was your line, wanting only "Bible Christians" in government office.
I said Bible-believing. I’m certain that at least most Catholics believe the Bible.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The progressive left is forcing the LGBTQIA+ agenda upon those who disagree with it.
It's apart of education and life. Some people are Gay , Lesbian, transgender and different sex orientation. That isn't the fault of the left. That's just true life. The only difference is that these people are coming out of the closet. Which isn't the left fault.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I said Bible-believing. I’m certain that at least most Catholics believe the Bible.
My mistake. "Bible-believing" has become in many circles shorthand for conservative Evangelical Protestants who subscribe to literal inerrancy. But it is sloppy think to suppose it always means that

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My mistake. "Bible-believing" has become in many circles shorthand for conservative Evangelical Protestants who subscribe to literal inerrancy. But it is sloppy think to suppose it always means that
I just posted it at face value.

• Friendly
Reactions: BCP1928
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The progressive left is forcing the LGBTQIA+ agenda upon those who disagree with it.
No, they aren't. They are just trying to get several minorities treated like human beings.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hopefully someday every government institution is led by Bible-believing Christians, and every law is based on biblical principles. Trying to be unequally yoked with pagan ideas has proven to be disastrous.
You guys get together, pool your money, buy Greenland and have your Bible-believing Christian utopia. I'll even donate.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's apart of education and life. Some people are Gay , Lesbian, transgender and different sex orientation. That isn't the fault of the left. That's just true life. The only difference is that these people are coming out of the closet. Which isn't the left fault.
When parental rights and parental consent are ignored on this topic in the schools, when private businesses are harassed and nearly forced into performing a service that goes against their religious convictions, then you have seen the agenda of the LGBTQIA+ forced upon people.

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
They also disagreed that blacks should be free and women should be a part of self government. They were men, not infallible agents.
Over more than a decade of reading conservative American Christian views I've found that many of them speak of your constitution and Bill of Rights as if they were sacred text and, your "Founding Fathers" as something akin to prophets.

This view seems to unconsciously trickle down to less extreme US Christians where there is a sense that the constitution is seen as fixed and unchangeable - not unlike their view of the Bible.

OB

Upvote 0