Hismessenger

Nov 29, 2006
Augusta Ga
✟18,433.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is God's own good pleasure ever contrary to what is right and just?
No, God's own good pleasure is what is right and just. This is where men make the mistake of thinking what is logical to them is in some way defining of God. It is not, no not at all. His ways are unsearchable, so how can man know when all we have to work with is what he has put within our physic.

hismessenger

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is the physic that rules over us, a city that rules over all the kings of the earth, in her is found the blood of everyone ever slain. This is why the wisdom of God begins with a cross or a commandment (not to eat) kept. Actually everything that the Father has always been ours, and it has never been about a labor by thought to be (parable of two sons (but God has only one son, one inheritance). The mind of Christ (equal with God (something that we possess) in scripture is likened to a land that is your own, but most (which is not out of order) live like a stranger in it, as something that is not a possession to them (which the anecdote is picking up ones cross).

Upvote 0

reynolds357

Feb 27, 2011
✟7,655.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
There have been many arguments on here concerning the origin of sin, and many come from the standpoint that God created sin. I would like to refute that.

First, we must realize the attributes of God. He is loving, merciful, just, righteous, jealous, and moral. All of these attributes, the few I have listed, He is perfect in. God is perfect, and so when the Bible clearly states that God is one of these things, it means He is perfect in them.

So, let me point out one of these attributes, justice. What is justice? According to dictionary.com, justice is: the administering of deserved punishment or reward. This definition denotes punishment. What is punishment? Once again, dictionary.com describes punishment as: a penalty inflicted for an offense, fault, etc.

So, we know God is just. We know justice is a punishment for an offense or wrongdoing. Now, you may see where this is going. God's attribute denotes a wrong side of things. By being just, who He is denotes evil(or a wrong side of things).

So, we know God's character denotes evil. Does this mean he is evil? No, this doesn't. It merely makes His character assume something. You can't have cold without hot. Hotness assumes a coldness.

God did not create evil. Did he create sin? Once again, no. We know God created Lucifer and(debatable) God gave angels free will. Now we know Lucifer cannot create anything. He can only destroy or deceive(manipulation). Lucifer manipulated the assumption of evil into a physical thing: sin.

Therefore, God did not create evil. His character assumed evil, which became sin through Lucifer's manipulation.

Colossians 1:16-17
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It might not be a pleasant idea to think that God created sin, but scripture is quite plain on the matter.
Did God create the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Yes.
Did God create Lucifer? Yes
Did God give Lucifer the sufficient amount of free will for him to rebel against Him? Yes
Did God give Adam the sufficient amount of free will necessary to rebel against Him? Yes
Did God create a mechanism through which Adam could rebel? Yes

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 1:16-17
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

It might not be a pleasant idea to think that God created sin, but scripture is quite plain on the matter.
Did God create the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Yes.
Did God create Lucifer? Yes
Did God give Lucifer the sufficient amount of free will for him to rebel against Him? Yes
Did God give Adam the sufficient amount of free will necessary to rebel against Him? Yes
Did God create a mechanism through which Adam could rebel? Yes

Add this:

I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.
-- Romans 7

Even after all that God created, sin would not have been possible until He also uttered the command. Until God uttered the command, eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil would have been permitted. Uttering the command created the opportunity to disobey it.

No act is sin unless God's command makes it so.

But we need to be more careful saying "did God create sin?"

Sin is not anything, sin is the absence of something. Like darkness is nothing but the absence of light, sin is nothing but the absence of obedience.

Upvote 0