✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
4th April 2003 at 05:35 PM Mechanical Bliss said this in Post #39

My tone is down. I have merely been pointing out that the thread is insulting and that based upon the moderation, it's okay to insult a group of people as long as your scriptural interpretation warrants it.

I am not discussing this any further. This is a discussion about homosexuality, not a discussion about wether I was insulting or not.

I will hear no more of it.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
5th April 2003 at 12:43 AM Nazarene77 said this in Post #41

I am not discussing this any further. This is a discussion about homosexuality, not a discussion about wether I was insulting or not.

I will hear no more of it.

So perhaps you could leave MB alone, and give me some reasons why homosexual couples cannot love in the same way the heterosexual couples can?

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
According to every single medical and behavioral science institution in the United States (not to mention the vast majority of homosexuals themselves), people are attracted to the same gender not by choice but by at least a strong biological component plus interaction with possible but undetermined environmental factors, or entirely by biology.

The second sentence makes no sense. It first depends on what you mean by love. Homosexuals are just as capable of having a friendly/brotherly (or whatever analagous term) love towards members of the same and opposite sex as any heterosexual can. Homosexuals, like heterosexuals, only have a romantic and sexual love and attraction (or whatever analagous terms) to one gender in preference to another.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
4th April 2003 at 07:13 PM Nazarene77 said this in Post #45

To make things simpler answer this question.

Why could one NOT love someone of the opposite sex? Hmmm.

Again, that depends on how you define the word "love".

1. If you mean the love shared by friends, the homosexuals can love the opposite sex.

2. If you mean romantic and sexual love, homosexuals can only love the same sex.

It's the same for heterosexuals: they are capable of having a friendly love towards the same sex but romantic love toward only the opposite sex. Sexual attraction is innate, not chosen, so that's exactly why one would not have romantic/sexual love for the opposite sex (in the case of homosexuals) or the same sex (in the case of heterosexuals). Otherwise that person would be defined as bisexual.

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

In Jesus Precious Name, Amen
Sep 20, 2002
Tennessee, Sounds Good to Me!
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
4th April 2003 at 06:12 PM Mechanical Bliss said this in Post #44

According to every single medical and behavioral science institution in the United States (not to mention the vast majority of homosexuals themselves), people are attracted to the same gender not by choice but by at least a strong biological component plus interaction with possible but undetermined environmental factors, or entirely by biology.

But were not talking about a physical attraction here. We are talking about an emotional attraction. If one does not know Godly love, then one cannot truly love. One may think they know what love is, but they really don't.

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
As Christians though, we mean the love of Christ.

I disagree with Nazarene77 to an extent, namely because Christ did not come as saviors only to some but to everyone. A Christian can fall under homosexuality but if they are truly Christ's they will repent.

I assume you are speaking of unrepentant homosexuals. They cannot know love. No one who has never encountered the radical change from Christ can experience true love.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
So now you've extended the insult to all non-Christians. Congrats.

Physical attraction does inevitably have to do with it on some level. Romantic love also has to do with it. Emotional attraction occurs between members of the same sex because they are innately homosexual. Emotional attraction occurs between the members of the opposite sex because they are innately heterosexual. It's quite simple.

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So what I am trying to say is that a homosexual may be physically attracted to someone of the same sex, but if one truly knows what love is, then one can be in love with someone of the opposite sex, regardless of their sexual preference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
5th April 2003 at 12:19 AM Mechanical Bliss said this in Post #49

So now you've extended the insult to all non-Christians. Congrats.

Physical attraction does inevitably have to do with it on some level. Romantic love also has to do with it. Emotional attraction occurs between members of the same sex because they are innately homosexual. Emotional attraction occurs between the members of the opposite sex because they are innately heterosexual. It's quite simple.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Physical attraction is just that = physical attraction. You are confusing love and like/lust/physical attraction.

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So in essence if one can truly love someone of the opposite sex, one does not need someone of the same sex to lust after. When one truly loves another, one can be sexually attracted to that person as well. So, go and sin no more.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
4th April 2003 at 07:21 PM Nazarene77 said this in Post #50

So what I am trying to say is that a homosexual may be physically attracted to someone of the same sex, but if one truly knows what love is, then one can be in love with someone of the opposite sex, regardless of their sexual preference.

That depends on the type of love.

Romantic love shows preference based upon the sexual orientation of the person.

"Brotherly" love can be universal and indefinite with respect to gender.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
4th April 2003 at 07:23 PM Job_38 said this in Post #52

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Physical attraction is just that = physical attraction. You are confusing love and like/lust/physical attraction.

No, I'm not. I understand the distinction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
4th April 2003 at 06:27 PM Mechanical Bliss said this in Post #54
That depends on the type of love.

Romantic love shows preference based upon the sexual orientation of the person.

"Brotherly" love can be universal and indefinite with respect to gender.

When I speak of love in this thread I am speaking of romantic love and nothing else.

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
4th April 2003 at 07:25 PM Nazarene77 said this in Post #53

So in essence if one can truly love someone of the opposite sex, one does not need someone of the same sex to lust after. When one truly loves another, one can be sexually attracted to that person as well. So, go and sin no more.

So that means you can truly love another member of the same sex and then therefore be sexually attracted to that person as well?

Interesting...

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
4th April 2003 at 07:29 PM Nazarene77 said this in Post #56

When I speak of love in this thread I am speaking of romantic love and nothing else.

Romantic love, or emotional attachment, is based upon sexual orientation--whether heterosexual or homosexual.

If not, that means a heterosexual can somehow feel romantic love for and thus physical attraction to the same sex as a result.

Upvote 0

Nazarene77

Sep 20, 2002
✟790.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
4th April 2003 at 06:30 PM Mechanical Bliss said this in Post #58
Romantic love, or emotional attachment, is based upon sexual orientation--whether heterosexual or homosexual.

If not, that means a heterosexual can somehow feel romantic love for and thus physical attraction to the same sex as a result.

Nope, that's not how it works.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.