Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only instance that comes to mind is Jude 8-9:

"Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones. But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said, 'The Lord rebuke you.'"

But that, being a warning, is probably not what you're looking for.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

I have received a prophetic word a while back and it said,'Go where angels fear to tread.' My question is what does that mean? Where do angels fear to tread?

Thank you for your help and any scripture references would be helpful.

From,

Jesusfreak_2008

The original phrase was:

"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" !

I've had prophetic words that did not come true, and were not right, even though the 'prophet' had insight into my life they couldn't have humanly known.

I've also had prophecy be correct and come true. I guess I'm saying, be cautious and pray about it.

You can find out more about the phrase here:

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello,

I have received a prophetic word a while back and it said,'Go where angels fear to tread.' My question is what does that mean? Where do angels fear to tread?

From,

Jesusfreak_2008

One place where even angels fear to tread is the holy of holies.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
I do not believe that Bible tells us anywhere specifically that angels fear to tread. I think the saying is used most often to speak of places that most honest and upright individuals to not care to go.

Do not let anyone tell you this is a false prophecy because their theology does not allow for there to be places that angels fear to tread. :cool: We are told to "fear God", so I'm sure that if we work with that same usage of the word "fear", we can find quite a few places angels are hesitant to go; and would only be found there if they were specifically sent and carefully planned the trip.

Jesus said that the "Gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church." Besides having been there in the spirit, I've seen plenty of places and situations here on Earth where hellish conditions are present. And no, there are not very many angels found there. "Where angels fear to tread" does not mean ALL angels are scared to go there. I can't really imagine Michael being too concerned with going much any place. But technically, if there are some angels somewhere, who are really careful not to go certain places, then "where angels fear to tread" can be taken quite literally.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

From,

Jesusfreak_2008

Good word from Tobias.
I also wanted to mention that our God speaks to us in language WE
would understand.. So He will use phrases that we might use as well
I have seen this in the bible as well.. wish i could think of one right
off the top of my head, but if it comes to me, I will post it.

And also, when God gives a word, it's our delight and response to seek Him
for the rest of it... So I would seek Him and wait on Him for the meaning.
He one time gave me a dream that made no sense to me.
A short time later, days maybe, .. while praying, He brought that
dream back to my remembrance and gave me the meaning...
Out of the blue..

God bless you!
sunlover

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or perhaps having no fear of the LORD in their eyes,
so as to revile angelic majesties and speak evil of dignitaries...
I have seen many people in their zeal without knowledge
take "boldness" to a level that was actually rebellion.

I myself have even been rebuked for reviling the enemy,
when I had thought myself only trying to defend the truth
from the accuser...

Definitely not wise to lift oneself up. GOD opposes the proud.

Not a good place to be.

Upvote 0
H

Heavens

Hello,

From,
Jesusfreak_2008

No doubt, a thought that quotes a common non-scriptural phrase is evidence to whether it is from God or not. So of course there is no scriptural content available for your statement.
The closest I can find is this case, where the Spirit of Christ moved Paul to not go somewhere...

(Act 16:7)
After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

Even here it isn't the same, because they intended to go a certain place but Christ forbade them. He is quite definitive in how He guides us. If it is a Word from Him, there won't be any doubt that He said it and what He said will be clear :)

Blessings in Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A little googling shows me the phrase comes from a quote by 18th century English poet and satirist Alexander Pope which says, “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.” It is also an Elvis Song ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz7EsdrF1Y8&feature=fvst

Apparently the Holy Spirit loves poetry and pop music. ;)

~Jim

It’s never about knowing the answers; it’s about living them. ~Stephanie Klein

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My first reaction was it is a cliche and not really a word from the Lord but you must search this out for yourself and not rely on us to tell you if it is from God. If it is from God He will show you what it means in time. Hope it sorts itself out for you. gg

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
. If it is a Word from Him, there won't be any doubt that He said it and what He said will be clear :)

Blessings in Jesus
Amen.
And [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing:
but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter!

Wait on God, only fools rush in
:p

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You might be interested in reading this.

It might mean the Lord would have you do/say/tackle something that older, "wiser" people say you shouldn't. That's just what comes to mind, I'm not saying it's from the Lord.
This is what I got too.

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟33,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My guess is that the person who gave you the word was trying to express the idea that you should be bold, and that phrase is probably what came to mind when that person tried to express the idea that you should be bold in colorful, motivating terms.

*add*
The thought also came to mind that I should add this... God is not a fortune teller, nor are his prophetic words fortune cookies. If a word like this was given to you, you should use it as encouragement and exhortation in your walk with God and in your service to the Kingdom. It is not to be taken like a horoscope "an opportunity will soon arise and you should go where angels fear to tread."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 2:1
"To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this:

I think most people take the word "angel" in this passage to mean the "pastor" or leader of the church. I'm sure most pastors recognize their personal limitations and the scope of their anointing, and fear to tread outside those boundaries (for good reason).

The Bible is full of people using sayings and idioms. If they are good enough for the scriptures, then I suppose they are good enough for prophecy too! I'm only looking for literal justification to satisfy the prophecy police. I really don't think it was meant to be taken literally.

As with most prophecy, it is not intended that we carry out the word in our own understanding nor in our own strength. God will open the doors for you to go in whichever direction He means for you to go. Occasionally we do need to stand in faith on something He has shown us repeatedly concerning our future. Abraham knew from speaking with God that his future included being the "Father of many nations." God required that he stand in faith concerning having a son with Sarah, when all evidence seemed to indicate that this was impossible.

Taking ourselves down a different road is where we get into trouble. The vision is supposed to stop us from doing that. If we hold on to God's master plan for our lives, then we won't go off doing things that make sense to man's reasoning, but violate the promises of God; which may have come to us through prophecy or other means.

Upvote 0