SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
'Go back to your own country.' 92-year-old man beaten with a brick
Rodolfo Rodriguez, 92, set out about 8 p.m. on Independence Day on his regular evening walk around his Los Angeles neighborhood, relatives told KTLA. But what happened next was anything but routine.

When Rodriguez bumped into a young girl while trying to pass her on the sidewalk near his home, the toddler’s mother shoved him to the ground and beat him in the face with a brick, police told the station.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised they haven't caught her, what with the good photo:

racistbrick.png

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's scary a mama with her little toddler right there would grab a brick & do that to somebody, much less to an old man. If she's set off that easily out in public then I fear what she does when she's in the privacy of her own home with her kids.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's scary a mama with her little toddler right there would grab a brick & do that to somebody, much less to an old man. If she's set off that easily out in public then I fear what she does when she's in the privacy of her own home with her kids.
Makes me wonder what kind of chance that kid has in life with a mother like that.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Makes me wonder what kind of chance that kid has in life with a mother like that.

I'm wondering if the kids are still in her custody after she assaulted the old fellow. Of course removing kids from their mama is going to be traumatic no matter what, but if this lady lost control of herself that easily, on an elderly person, then you have to be worried about little kids who can't speak up for themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not defending this animal but if she had used a gun and were white, she'd be hailed a hero.

Do you think there would be a picture of her posted in this thread if she was white?

* I'm honestly asking. I'm not trying to be facetious.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you think there would be a picture of her posted in this thread if she was white?
No. We'd more likely hear about the old man's possible criminal history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dpca10112

Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2017
San Bernardino County
✟59,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this on the news Friday and it made me angry and so sad. How this woman behaved was wrong on so many levels. For a parent, or anyone for that matter, to show so much disrespect and disgust towards someone in front of their child..Makes me sick! Children are so impressionable at this young age. This mother is showing her child that it’s ok to physically and verbally attack someone. These actions are not ok, ever. I hope this elderly man and his family find justice. And I pray for the small innocent child who witnessed her mother beat an elderly man. :pensive:

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not defending this animal but if she had used a gun and were white, she'd be hailed a hero.
If a white woman responded to an elderly Hispanic man bumping into her child by knocking him on the ground and putting a bullet in his face, she'd be treated like a hero? Somehow I just don't buy that.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
If a white woman responded to an elderly Hispanic man bumping into her child by knocking him on the ground and putting a bullet in his face, she'd be treated like a hero? Somehow I just don't buy that.
Nah, she wouldn't be celebrated, but people would ask if the guy bumped the child on purpose or ask what his immigration status was (similar to the white knights, pun not intended, that came rushing to the aid of the woman that assaulted black children at a pool recently).

This woman should be arrested and I hope they throw the book at her.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, if she had used a gun to protect her child instead of a brick she'd be thought a hero instead of a barbarian. Especially if her "attacker" didn't survive to tell his side of the story. I'm not at all saying what she did was heroic. I'm saying a few minor differences to the story and this thread would have people defending what she did.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0