Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This thing's been on my mind for a minute and so I thought i'd run it by some bible people.

Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

2 even as you gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

3 “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

4 “I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.

5 “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

a John 11:41

b John 7:39; 13:31f

a John 3:35

b John 10:28

1 Lit everything that You have given Him, to them He may

c John 6:37, 39; 17:6, 9, 24

a John 5:44

b John 3:17; 17:8, 21, 23, 25

a John 13:31

1 Or by accomplishing

b Luke 22:37; John 4:34

a John 17:1

b John 1:1; 8:58; 17:24; Phil 2:6

New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. (1995). (Jn 17:1–5). La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

Just so many times I read that word and I'm trying to get the full "spirit" of it.
Feel free to just share anything to do with glory!
Thank you

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thing's been on my mind for a minute and so I thought i'd run it by some bible people.

Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You,

2 even as you gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

3 “This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

4 “I glorified You on the earth, having accomplished the work which You have given Me to do.

5 “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

1 Or by accomplishing

New American Standard Bible: 1995 update. (1995). (Jn 17:1–5). La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation.

Just so many times I read that word and I'm trying to get the full "spirit" of it.
Thank you
That's the way glory works in my experience. It's a function of relationship that relieves the 'burden' of ego & our individuality. It's the balancing of those tensions. Giving and receiving can be glorious or hellacious, depending one's individual state of tension. The more we conscientiously relate to our creator, the more beneficial that tension is.

• Friendly
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To God be the glory! \0/
Thank you!

That's the way glory works in my experience. It's a function of relationship that relieves the 'burden' of ego & our individuality. It's the balancing of those tensions. Giving and receiving can be glorious or hellacious, depending one's individual state of tension. The more we conscientiously relate to our creator, the more beneficial that tension is.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

1 Or by accomplishing

Thank you
Personally I believe that God's glory shines brightest through His love-it is His love, and that's what His sheer goodness and desirability-as well as "approachability"-consists of. While His infinite superiority by itself makes Him glorious, His love and goodness are what make us love Him, and what would draw us to worship in spirit and truth or make even the rocks and stones cry out in praise if they could.

Jesus revealed the love of God like it had never been revealed before.

• Friendly
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally I believe that God's glory shines brightest through His love-it is His love, and that's what His sheer goodness and desirability-as well as "approachability"-consists of. While His infinite superiority by itself makes Him glorious, His love and goodness are what make us love Him, and what would draw us to worship in spirit and truth or make even the rocks and stones cry out in praise if they could.

Jesus revealed the love of God like it had never been revealed before.
Thank you Fhansen.
This is a very thoughtful post.
:)

Upvote 0