Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
is there any hope for earth to reverse global warming and is this gods plan? Thanks.

Its going to be hard to reverse, but it can be endured. It won't be comfortable, but our grandkids could survive in the warmer world to come. However, its likely the earth won't support the same population size. Which leaves us having the problem of how to achieve the population reduction necessary.

It won't be fun. All the tolerable ways of population control are being resisted by people claiming to be on the side of God which leaves us war, famine, plague . . . on scales undreamed of by anyone today.

A hundred years from now the people will be cursing our blindness and our stupidity and wondering how we could justify what we did and didn't do about the problem. If you want a biblical parallel, consider how the ruling classes reacted to the warnings of Jeremiah before the fall of Jerusalem.

Perhaps it is the lead in for the day of judgement. But that is more than I am qualified to say.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Will that kill any animals? But that sucks.
Society/ corporations/ governments have already decimated most of the "wildlife" on land in the usa, africa, and the oceans.... dozens of entire species are now extinct, and many more endangered every day .... and many more reduced from , say, millions or even billions, to a few thousand or maybe hundred thousand.....

Ditto people - men are bought and sold every day, as written in BIBLE their souls are everywhere marketed like chattel.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. I gotta stop beating myself up and live a positive side. I have OCD and I'm worried about our planet but it's beyond my control.

OCD's have a role to play in the Kingdom. There are plenty of other things to worry about as well, you know. Take the situation regarding North Korea . . . how long will it be before somebody mirrors the craziness of their leader and they exchange nuclear weapons?

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Whoa! The earth has warmed and cooled and life survived. Please stop reading your favourite sources of doom and gloom and take a break. Don't make it into an idol. :)

Life has always survived but bear in mind great extinctions have occurred.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We're nearing the tipping point for an Extinction Level Event, but I have enormous faith in human ingenuity. I truly believe that some smart person somewhere is going to figure out how to sequester atmospheric methane, and that wise governments will fund the project. If I'm wrong, your great-grandchildren will die screaming, so I choose to believen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We're nearing the tipping point for an Extinction Level Event, but I have enormous faith in human ingenuity. I truly believe that some smart person somewhere is going to figure out how to sequester atmospheric methane, and that wise governments will fund the project. If I'm wrong, your great-grandchildren will die screaming, so I choose to believen

The head honchos at NASA chose to believe the shuttle launches were necessarily safe and so they launched the shuttle on January 28, 1986. And so we had a classic demonstration of the power of hope versus the warnings from the engineers on the ground. The shuttle exploded on live TV.

Today we are trying again to have the power of faith in our safety against the warnings of scientists only the scenario is playing out in vastly slower motion.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Read Revelation. We are approaching the end times where
1/3 of trees and all grass will burn
1/3 of everything in the oceans will die
1/3 of ships will sink
1/3 of fresh drinking water will become bitter (poison)

also: Matthew 24:22

Revelation was symbolic, almost not in the Bible, and addressed specifically to the churches of the time. People have tried to apply it to their own time ever since the "end times" failed to happen when the Apostles thought.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Revelation was symbolic, almost not in the Bible, and addressed specifically to the churches of the time. People have tried to apply it to their own time ever since the "end times" failed to happen when the Apostles thought.

People find reasons to downplay the warnings in the Bible and to downplay the warnings from Science. If they aren't putting their faith in the Bible, nor putting their faith in science, just what is it in which they put their faith?

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
is there any hope for earth to reverse global warming and is this gods plan? Thanks.
I believe God expects us to be responsible and good care takers of the Earth as he appointed to Adam. We could be using renewable energies on a grand scale, except for man’s greed and corruption. That being said, however, I have a few things to say about this global warming debate from a Christian's perspective~

1. It is a theory based on data that is interpreted differently among the scientific community. It is NOT conclusive.

2. Listen to Mr. John Coleman, the founder of the Weather Channel, on Youtube explaining how research funds are allocated to pro-global warming scientist to present a one-sided view, and how the media has manipulated us.

3. Over the course of ancient history, we have suffered numerous catastrophes associated with extreme weather. Was the 7-year famine/drought during Joseph’s time associated with greenhouse gases 4,500 years ago? How about the 3 year sore famines in Israel during Elijah and Elisha’s time around 800 B.C. Did you see any planes, trains, automobiles and billowing factories? Yet, prevailing scientific opinion would assume we’re responsible for smaller events happening today. Perhaps they should put some of the blame on India for not eating their cows who fart us into oblivion.

In 1Kings 18:18, Elijah blames the sins of King Ahab and his fathers for the famine.

Could it be that deteriorating conditions in the environment are the result of man’s sins?

2Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

God can undo anything that man does to this planet, provided we repent and follow after Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but I disagree.

In Rev. 22:10, Jesus says, "Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand."

Therefore, all that was said concerning the 7 churches applied immediately after John's vision, and even before it. God's standard for all of his believers since the resurrection of Christ are stated in Revelations 2 and 3.

Furthermore, in Rev. 22:9, the angel that was with John says, "... for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God."

This angel was actually a fellow Christian who kept the sayings of this book to achieve his current status in God's kingdom. This saint was so much like Jesus, that John kept falling on his face to worship him.

God's standards for his 7 churches equally applies to all believers from the beginning of the New Testament to the return of Christ.

Lastly, Revelations 22 says this:
[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Most Christians feel that Revelations doesn't apply to them, but they couldn't be more wrong. How could God add to a person the plagues written in this book unless it applies to those who are living during the last days? Even those who died before us would be subjected to the Judgement Day and the Lake of Fire if they fail to meet God's requirements for his 7 churches.

These two verses is a stern warning for Christians not to deviate from God's testimony declared in this book. God doesn't change his standards for the church from one generation to the next.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe God expects us to be responsible and good care takers of the Earth as he appointed to Adam. We could be using renewable energies on a grand scale, except for man’s greed and corruption. That being said, however, I have a few things to say about this global warming debate from a Christian's perspective~

1. It is a theory based on data that is interpreted differently among the scientific community. It is NOT conclusive.

2. Listen to Mr. John Coleman, the founder of the Weather Channel, on Youtube explaining how research funds are allocated to pro-global warming scientist to present a one-sided view, and how the media has manipulated us.

3. Over the course of ancient history, we have suffered numerous catastrophes associated with extreme weather. Was the 7-year famine/drought during Joseph’s time associated with greenhouse gases 4,500 years ago? How about the 3 year sore famines in Israel during Elijah and Elisha’s time around 800 B.C. Did you see any planes, trains, automobiles and billowing factories? Yet, prevailing scientific opinion would assume we’re responsible for smaller events happening today. Perhaps they should put some of the blame on India for not eating their cows who fart us into oblivion.

In 1Kings 18:18, Elijah blames the sins of King Ahab and his fathers for the famine.

Could it be that deteriorating conditions in the environment are the result of man’s sins?

2Chronicles 7:14 says, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

God can undo anything that man does to this planet, provided we repent and follow after Him.

Islands have disappeared already.

5 Pacific islands swallowed by the sea - CNN.com

Forest fires are increasing due to dryer, hotter climates.

Global Warming and Wildfires - National Wildlife Federation

Glaciers are retreating around the world.

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/norock...ce_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects

C02 levels are increasing

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/

CO2 is linked to global warming

CO2 - the major cause of global warming | Time for change

We live in a climate of denialism and global warming denialists are simply another example of such people as antivacciners, birthers against Obama, denial of HIV causing Aids, denial of evolution, where mere science or evidence doesn't count; mainly driven by right wing extremists.

97% global warming consensus meets resistance from scientific denialism | Dana Nuccitelli

Silencing the Scientists: the Rise of Right-wing Populism - Our World

Reality will ignore the denialists, but alas, to often, people not so much.

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

I'm as conservative as you get. But I recognize that climate change and ozone layer depletion are very real events, both of which are caused by humans (mostly, I think), that are leading to the destruction of our planet. If things continue unabated, I worry about the future of sustainable life on our planet.

In my judgement, the UN should pressure nations like USA, China, and Russia, the three biggest polluters of our planet, into adopting and researching green energy technologies. I worry that doing so could be ineffective, unfortunately. Energy lobbyists have too much power over governments.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

When has there ever been a catastrophe that killed and destroyed
everything I listed in that post?
When has there ever been instant communication around the globe?

You failed to explain away Matthew 24:22

Upvote 0