Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always doubted global warming but after watching john mc arther on global warming via YouTube, it has furthered my beliefs. What’s your take on this??

Fake, another method of controlling the population. They need to control our power consumption because technology has the potential to disrupt many industries that wealthy people have invested in. Examples are 3d printing, decentralized manufacturing and cryptocurrencies.

I say fake in the cause of global warming. The real cause would be the sun, as we receive far more energy from the sun via electricity in the ions in the solar winds that we receive via solar radiance. So if the climate is changing it's because of the amount of electrical energy we receive from the sun is changing, that changes our climate.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fake, another method of controlling the population. They need to control our power consumption because technology has the potential to disrupt many industries that wealthy people have invested in. Examples are 3d printing, decentralized manufacturing and cryptocurrencies.

I say fake in the cause of global warming. The real cause would be the sun, as we receive far more energy from the sun via electricity in the ions in the solar winds that we receive via solar radiance. So if the climate is changing it's because of the amount of electrical energy we receive from the sun is changing, that changes our climate.
As John mcauther said, the sun spots heat and cool our planet and that is what releases co2 from the worlds oceans. The more heat, the more co2. Nothing at all to do with human intervention.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As John mcauther said, the sun spots heat and cool our planet and that is what releases co2 from the worlds oceans. The more heat, the more co2. Nothing at all to do with human intervention.
Wow, I didn't know that either Bob Jones University or Talbot Theological Seminary offered advanced degrees in climate science.

The fact that deniers vest credibility in people with no more climate science qualifications than an eggplant is about as clear a signal as one would want to the effect that the deniers reached their conclusion first, and then only after are, quite desperately it seems, seeking the evidence.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I didn't know that either Bob Jones University or Talbot Theological Seminary offered advanced degrees in climate science.

The fact that deniers vest credibility in people with no more climate science qualifications than an eggplant is about as clear a signal as one would want to the effect that the deniers reached their conclusion first, and then only after are, quite desperately it seems, seeking the evidence.
Good morning, did you miss me?? Lol
You are really trying to lead people’s opinions of the subject in your direction. So you can mouth off, talk fancy words, be ad hominem, or what ever tickles your fancy. My point is, you and a small few have your opinion and that’s ok, myself and the majority have our views on climate control and that’s also ok.
There’s no need to continue to try and get us to see it your way, We don’t believe the lies the ungodly government and scientists tell us regarding climate control, we sure as heaven exists are not going to believe a none qualified in the field person like you.
Your opinion is yours
Mine is mine
Theirs is theirs, leave it at that
Oh but I forgot, your the type of person who can’t leave people have their opinion because you take something the God denying rulers of this world says, and try to get others to join that bandwagon.
Well the bandwagon isn’t working today, it’s broken and in for repairs and is no longer in service. Take another travel plan

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And they reach their conclusion first?
Sounds just like the idiots you’re trying to back up

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My point is, you and a small few have your opinion and that’s ok, myself and the majority have our views on climate control and that’s also ok.
From Pew Research:

Majorities in all 40 nations polled say climate change is a serious problem, and a global median of 54% believe it is a very serious problem.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We don’t believe the lies the ungodly government and scientists tell us regarding climate control, we sure as heaven exists are not going to believe a none qualified in the field person like you.
Here is the difference between us:

1. You invoke clearly unqualified individuals - such as John McArthur - to defend your position;

2. I invoke the consensus of qualified climate scientists;

3. You tar scientists with descriptors like "ungodly" when you, of course, have not a scintilla of actual evidence about their theological beliefs and how those beliefs might influence their research.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your opinion is yours
Mine is mine
Theirs is theirs, leave it at that
To cast this as simply a difference of opinion is a significant misrepresentation - like saying it's a matter of "opinion" as to whether smoking causes cancer.

But, short of invoking unqualified spokespersons, it is really the only card you've got. Since the science is against you, it clearly serves your interests to try to morph this into a matter of mere differences of opinion. I hope the readers will not fall for this, but some no doubt will.

Oh but I forgot, your the type of person who can’t leave people have their opinion....
No, I am the type of person who does his imperfect best to advocate for reason, truth, and honesty to the largest extent I can. And I am the kind of person willing to call out liars, even at the risk of invoking the wrath of management. Now let me be clear: I am not calling you a liar. As a Christian, I am particularly embarrassed on behalf of the church when people representing themselves as Christians come on this site and do things like this (all from just the last week or so):

- deny the world is a sphere;
- claim Planned Parenthood advocates genocide of blacks;
- argue that Jews run the world;
- post articles that contain slanderous lies;
- deny global warming, arguably the largest existential threat to humankind.

I trust you don't mind if I continue to exercise my right to defend what I consider the sane and rational positions on these and other matters?

Upvote 0

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yah I agree with that. Pollution is a real problem, but not global warming from carbon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yah I agree with that. Pollution is a real problem, but not global warming from carbon.
Yes, pollution is caused by a number of things.
Take L.A for instance, they are living in smog or pollution because it’s constant traffic, industrial, etc. The fact it’s a concrete jungle doesn’t help.
Good point

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, pollution is caused by a number of things.
Take L.A for instance, they are living in smog or pollution because it’s constant traffic, industrial, etc. The fact it’s a concrete jungle doesn’t help.
Good point
Well, which is it? Do cars hurt the planet as you suggest above, or not, as you suggest below?

almost there said:
Driving a car does not hurt the planet.
Agreed, it’s all lies

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To cast this as simply a difference of opinion is a significant misrepresentation - like saying it's a matter of "opinion" as to whether smoking causes cancer.

But, short of invoking unqualified spokespersons, it is really the only card you've got. Since the science is against you, it clearly serves your interests to try to morph this into a matter of mere differences of opinion. I hope the readers will not fall for this, but some no doubt will.

No, I am the type of person who does his imperfect best to advocate for reason, truth, and honesty to the largest extent I can. And I am the kind of person willing to call out liars, even at the risk of invoking the wrath of management. Now let me be clear: I am not calling you a liar. As a Christian, I am particularly embarrassed on behalf of the church when people representing themselves as Christians come on this site and do things like this (all from just the last week or so):

- deny the world is a sphere;
- claim Planned Parenthood advocates genocide of blacks;
- argue that Jews run the world;
- post articles that contain slanderous lies;
- deny global warming, arguably the largest existential threat to humankind.

I trust you don't mind if I continue to exercise my right to defend what I consider the sane and rational positions on these and other matters?
Not at all, by all means work away.

Well, which is it? Do cars hurt the planet as you suggest above, or not, as you suggest below?
Cars cause pollution, not climate change. There’s a differance. If you stop all traffic and industries for just 24 hours, I gaurantee the air will be clean as a whistle.
Read my posts properly.
Cars and industries do produce pollution, but what we pollute is nowhere near the co2 given off by the sun and oceans interaction.
Also, if the earth wasn’t a self cleaning life in itself, then the co2 supposedly trapped by the atmosphere given off by planes, trains, automobiles, and cow farts, that causes what you believe is global warming would have long killed us, but it hasn’t now has it??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh goody, I like a challenge. Let's take statement 4 from the list:

4) After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.

Incorrect. To wit:

GlobalTemp.png

...and, oh look! Temperatures remain more or less constant over the 40 year interval in question.

Now then, who is telling the truth here? NASA - who provided the above graph or the European Foundation who made the claim from the list you posted?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doulosiesou

Jan 1, 2018
Colorado
✟16,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where did you receive your training in climate science?

I don't have formal training in climate science, my background is general science and engineering. But I don't need to have a formal background in climate science to formulate an opinion do I? It seems to me to be pretty much an unproven science with lots of models and little facts.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh goody, I like a challenge. Let's take statement 4 from the list:

4) After World War II, there was a huge surge in recorded CO2 emissions but global temperatures fell for four decades after 1940.

Incorrect. To wit:

View attachment 217549
Read it again, THERE WAS A HUGE INCREASE IN CO2 BUT THE GLOBAL TEMPERATURES FELL (FALLEN, DECLINED,DECREASED,GOT COOLER) AFTER 1940 FOR 4 DECADES (40 YEARS). WORLD WAR 2 WAS ENDED I BELIEVE IN 1942, REGARDLESS,
IT WAS COOLER ALTHOUGH WE HAD HIGHER CO2
LOL LOL LOL LOL

So if higher co2 causes cooler tempetures and co2 is the cause of global warming, then how can you tie the two with affecting polar bears? If anything those in the poles would be screaming BURN MORE COAL, OUR ICE IS MELTING LOL

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't have formal training in climate science, my background is general science and engineering. But I don't need to have a formal background in climate science to formulate an opinion do I? It seems to me to be pretty much an unproven science with lots of models and little facts.
He can’t grasp it lol

Upvote 0