✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have asked this question many times and received no useful answer:

What interval of climate measurement constitutes a meaningful trend?
A valid question, but I hope you are not following Mr. Leo in thinking that you - a non-expert just like me - can independently come to a responsible conclusion about this issue of climate change.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I accept there are people like, but I think you are part of the problem.

You can no more use your "common sense" to understand climate science than I or anyone else can. It is a complex field and we need trained experts.

Would you go to your cousin Cletus to get advice on how to treat cancer?

Hopefully not - you would seek out a trained expert.

And while the media is certainly not all that reliable, that is a side issue: it is the experts themselves that are raising the alarm about climate change.
They are not raising the alarm, they are pushing their agenda,
Control the money,
Control the food,
Control the Energy
And you control the masses

And as I said, what you think of me is your opinion, doesn’t mean your right
Can I ask you, do you really believe in God almighty, creator of heaven and earth?

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well said, and because science is always correct until proven wrong, no wonder there is no end to the push to prove global warming exists.
And what is so frustrating for the prophets of AGW is that it HAS been proven wrong, over and over and over again.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you been to north and south poles?
Did you see the ice caps melt drastically overtime or did you just see a tv recording of a sheet of ice melting? Which by the way happens every year. If you don’t know why that happens, it’s because we have seasons, just like God said here.
You appear to think that this issue is settled on our individual experiences. It is not - it is settled by the careful observations and analysis of trained experts.

So God designed our earth the way it is and for us to work it
Not sure what you mean by "work it". But what God certainly did do was to appoint mankind as stewards of His creation. And that means taking care of it. Hence the imperative of the Christian to support efforts to stem global warming. Hence the head-shaking incredulity of those of us who accept this responsibility at the intransigent anti-scientism manifested by so many in the church.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And what is so frustrating for the prophets of AGW is that it HAS been proven wrong, over and over and over again.
And will always prove to be wrong over and over again.
It’s sad to see members on here suggesting that global warming must be true because ungodly scientists who deny God and His creation say otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are not raising the alarm, they are pushing their agenda,
Control the money,
Control the food,
Control the Energy
And you control the masses
Conspiracy thinking - you are speculating. And what's more you are cherry-picking - you choose this one issue, as well as evolution most likely, to deny the well-established findings of mainstream science. There must be a reason for this selectivity in your attribution of credibility to scientists.

Can I ask you, do you really believe in God almighty, creator of heaven and earth?
I do indeed. How is this relevant to whether global warming is happening and caused by people?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is simply a falsehood. You have no evidence for this. And what material you will, or have posted, will be or has been from unqualified people.

And no, a person with a Nobel Prize for his work in "tunnelling phenomena in solids" is not a qualified person.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You appear to think that this issue is settled on our individual experiences. It is not - it is settled by the careful observations and analysis of trained experts.

Not sure what you mean by "work it". But what God certainly did do was to appoint mankind as stewards of His creation. And that means taking care of it. Hence the imperative of the Christian to support efforts to stem global warming. Hence the head-shaking incredulity of those of us who accept this responsibility at the intransigent anti-scientism manifested by so many in the church.
Why would we need to take care of it if God created the earth perfect?
God made it perfect, we sinned, Gods curse for mankind for disobedience was woman would suffer pain in child birth and man would need to work by the sweat of his brow all the days of his life (dominion)
As John mcauther says in his video, God cursed the earth and we need to extract, use, give all available rescources in order to live here. If we didn’t, The earth would come inhabitable. We need to work this planet, not take care of it.
I’m no longer replying to you because I have noticed in other posts that you simply love to disagree with people,
No doubt you will reply to get last word, that you can have too
Good day sir

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
A valid question, but I hope you are not following Mr. Leo in thinking that you - a non-expert just like me - can independently come to a responsible conclusion about this issue of climate change.

Thanks for making my point for me by not answering the question and resorting to ad hom.

• Haha
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know there are lurkers here, and I know there are fellow Christians who have not bought into the whole conspiracy thinking and anti-scientism that underlies the denial movement. I suspect you share my dismay at the degree to which ignorance and tribal thinking has infected the church ("if Al Gore believes in climate change, I cannot as a matter of policy"). And now the consequences are real and profoundly dangerous. With Mr. Trump in the Oval Office, we can no longer patronizingly pat our denier-brethren on the head because we know the denial movement is too fringe-y to have any policy consequences.

Well, we were wrong. The deniers are in a position where their dangerously misguided views can threaten our very health and welfare.

The deniers won't change - they have too much of their sense of personal identity wrapped up in denying climate change. We need to focus our efforts on the young and the fence-sitters - those who have yet to drink deeply of the Kool-Aid. I believe we will win this struggle in the end, but only through a combination of attrition and winning the hearts and minds of those who are still reachable.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for making my point for me by not answering the question and resorting to ad hom.
Nonsense. There is nothing ad hominem in my reply and I guarantee you will not be able to make that charge stick.

And as to answering your question - I don't have an answer, but that is entirely irrelevant to assessing the reality of AGW.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is simply a falsehood. You have no evidence for this. And what material you will, or have posted, will be or has been from unqualified people.

And no, a person with a Nobel Prize for his work in "tunnelling phenomena in solids" is not a qualified person.
Look at any of their models. Any of them.
http://thefederalist.com/2014/05/06/climate-change-is-real-too-bad-accurate-climate-models-arent/

How reliable are the climate models?

Climate change models may not be accurate after all as study finds most widely overestimated global warming | Daily Mail Online

Etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. There is nothing ad hominem in my reply and I guarantee you will not be able to make that charge stick.

And as to answering your question - I don't have an answer, but that is entirely irrelevant to assessing the reality of AGW.
I see you have moved on to another victim.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look at any of their models. Any of them.
This a classic strategy - make a claim and then ask someone else to substantiate it.

You made a claim - and a highly implausible one at that - that AGW has been "proven wrong".

Well, where is the proof?

And I will be examining the actual credentials of any expert you put forward in defence of your claim.

• Haha
Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,978.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see you have moved on to another victim.
When people like you and others make irresponsible statements, it is entirely appropriate for counterarguments to be offered.

I admit that it's difficult to keep up with all of you:

- the flat earthers
- the climate change deniers
- the evolution deniers;
- the "Jews run the world" crowd;
- the person who claims the founder of Planned Parenthood wanted to eliminate blacks.
- etc., etc., etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This a classic strategy - make a claim and then ask someone else to substantiate it.

You made a claim - and a highly implausible one at that - that AGW has been "proven wrong".

And I will be examining the actual credentials of any expert you put forward in defence of your claim.
FWIW, I added a few links to the post you were responding to.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When people like you and others make irresponsible statements, it is entirely appropriate for counterarguments to be offered.

- the flat earthers
- the evolution deniers;
- the person who claims the founder of Planned Parenthood wanted to eliminate blacks.
- etc., etc., etc.
That's quite a broad group you're lumping together there.

Also, FWIW, I consider your first statement to be projection.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You really are a grade A.
You have your head in the clouds in which I hope your wearing a pure glass helmet due to the acid rain caused by co2 ha ha ha lol.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

- the flat earthers
- the evolution deniers;
- etc., etc., etc.
And when we do make statements, it’s hard for ye guys to try and grasp anything we might offer. Ye refute it because a scientist who denies God and His Creation, but tries to offer proof of his findings over and over and over and over and over(have a break have a kit Kat) over and over again. They have no 100% evidence we cause global warming but they try prove it this way and that way. Their foolish idiots and your talking just like them. FOOLISH

Upvote 0